Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:46:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia..Scam i think.  (Read 167 times)
ThePsychonautz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:10:02 AM

I put this in Cryptopia thread as well. Hoping to find some answers to help me out here. Also i did not click on any phishing sites disguising itself as Crypotopia's. I have checked my history and all. Google Aunthen is active as well as my pin with password. Holds uppercase,numbers and character. I run on an Apple iMac. Someone thought i was on windows and was even more vulnerable which I'm not.

Original Post > So.. i get off work, sit down at my computer and check on my coins. I see a couple coins on cryptopia that are getting good gains with no sell walls ahead so i buy more ltc to transfer over so i can get a quick transfer and sell my ltc for btc. Next thing i know I'm logged out of cryptopia when i goto my wallet. I quickly sign in and goto my balance...theres only like $400 worth left of bitcoins/altcoins left in my wallet. I quickly goto some of my coins and look at the sell dates and time, and someone has sold my coins at a loss just to get the btc out in a hurry. They did 4/8 coins because the other half were stuck on huge sell walls like pac coin and pnd. I just lost about 4k worth... Im kind of shocked as i thought this would never happen to me atleast. They sent it to BTC wallet 17YEZm46uDuLeJGdnjC3Bh8jgTinAKdZWU, It seems at the time i traced the wallet and saw other transactions as well. https://blockchain.info/address/17YEZm46uDuLeJGdnjC3Bh8jgTinAKdZWU I'm not sure what else i could do at this point...

Again, i just started not long ago. So now this is really hurting me. Im not an expert nor have i been doing this a long time. I do my research on each coin and hold when necessary. I dont trade a lot. This was my first bear market and i learned a lot, but to lose money like this is devastating. May not be a lot to some people, but right now, it is for me. Im currently waiting on a reply from cryptopia. I saw others are having similar problems and also withdrawal problems for awhile. Im sure there is nothing that can be done though to retrieve my funds...
fuckfbi

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:49:29 AM

"I think"?

Ive been using cryptopia for years, and never experinced anything like this.. Not on small or big amounts.

If your 2FA has been used for the transaction, theres a bigger chance some of your friends has got your PIN code for your phone, and made the transfer.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

So the time when you bought bitcoin for litecoin between the sudden log off are in about some minutes ? And after that you've found the lower balance, is that right?
Have you received any suspicious login confirmation from cryptopia? (the email confirmation)

IMO there's no way for a phisher/hacker to use your account without being able to compromised both your phone (for google auth) and your email (for pin auth).
Looks like Cryptopia is into something.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:41 AM

I didn't use this exchange until now but If you enable your 2fa feature then logically it shouldn't happen unless someone did this who got access to your phone.

If transactions happened based on all the protocols set by the system like login pass correct and then use 2fa correctly for withdrawals then we can't blame the exchange unless we have proof to prove that they did something.

I'm not supporting exchange but just think if you're in their position what they can do? Maximum they can give you the IP address of that login for you to check if you can't find in your transaction history.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:15:17 AM

2FA is a big thing if its related to money and wallet/exchanges, that's why it's really recommended implementing it. I will wonder if you're using 2FA already and it still happened to you but in your case, it's not, so there are possibilities that;
-Your device/s has infected with malware that steals information from the one you typed;
-You logged in a phishing link;
-Inside job? but it has lesser chance that it happens unless if there's suspicious login attempt in your email, and AFAIK exchanges send an email confirmation if you want to withdraw your funds out of the exchange;
addad

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

I put this in Cryptopia thread as well. Hoping to find some answers to help me out here. Also i did not click on any phishing sites disguising itself as Crypotopia's. I have checked my history and all. Google Aunthen is active as well as my pin with password. Holds uppercase,numbers and character. I run on an Apple iMac. Someone thought i was on windows and was even more vulnerable which I'm not.

Original Post > So.. i get off work, sit down at my computer and check on my coins. I see a couple coins on cryptopia that are getting good gains with no sell walls ahead so i buy more ltc to transfer over so i can get a quick transfer and sell my ltc for btc. Next thing i know I'm logged out of cryptopia when i goto my wallet. I quickly sign in and goto my balance...theres only like $400 worth left of bitcoins/altcoins left in my wallet. I quickly goto some of my coins and look at the sell dates and time, and someone has sold my coins at a loss just to get the btc out in a hurry. They did 4/8 coins because the other half were stuck on huge sell walls like pac coin and pnd. I just lost about 4k worth... Im kind of shocked as i thought this would never happen to me atleast. They sent it to BTC wallet 17YEZm46uDuLeJGdnjC3Bh8jgTinAKdZWU, It seems at the time i traced the wallet and saw other transactions as well. https://blockchain.info/address/17YEZm46uDuLeJGdnjC3Bh8jgTinAKdZWU I'm not sure what else i could do at this point...

Again, i just started not long ago. So now this is really hurting me. Im not an expert nor have i been doing this a long time. I do my research on each coin and hold when necessary. I dont trade a lot. This was my first bear market and i learned a lot, but to lose money like this is devastating. May not be a lot to some people, but right now, it is for me. Im currently waiting on a reply from cryptopia. I saw others are having similar problems and also withdrawal problems for awhile. Im sure there is nothing that can be done though to retrieve my funds...

Hi ThePsychonautz,

Almost exactly the same is happened to me yesterday Angry  Despite several security measures Huh

But do you have send a mail to a cryptopia support? So not please send a supportmail and  refer to me ticket #171987-My Account has been hacked.

Regards...

Addisonbt

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

no scam,
I make test deposit with amount BTC 0.0025
All bestly
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:56:16 PM

it's unfortunate that this has happened to you and empathize with you. i've used cryptopia countless times and have not experienced anything of this magnitude - yet - but hope that i won't ever experience it in the near future. but we'll never know when decent exchanges would turn rogue, right? so that's why it has become my standard practice to never leave my cryptocurrencies in any exchange - not just cryptopia. i learned that from bitcointalk veterans and that advice can be found in numerous threads here. hope we all find wisdom in that advice. kind regards....
rommer8802

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:40:33 AM

hey guys my account have been hacked and they sent my 0.85 to the same address.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:34:59 PM

hey guys my account have been hacked and they sent my 0.85 to the same address.
The hacker sent his entire balance to a new address (as seen here https://blockchain.info/address/17YEZm46uDuLeJGdnjC3Bh8jgTinAKdZWU). Since there's nothing you can do anymore to get your coins back, just take it as a lesson. Always secure your accounts and devices in anyway possible to avoid this from happening again in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: