Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans Crypto Ads - Bitcoin Falls  (Read 524 times)
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:04:16 AM

Is this bitcoin value fall an affect of this ban by FB?
It may not be the only reason but I would say it will surely have some impact on crypt market cap and ICOs as well.
No, facebook decision regarding banned advertisement for cryptos has nothing to do with the drop in bitcoin value, besides even before any announcement of facebook the value of bitcoin already dropping continuously. But I'm kinda sure this happenings can have a negative impact with regards to popularity of bitcoin as much as we want to tell people the good things behind cryptos thru social media, we are now prevented in doing so.
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:12:39 AM

The ban in facebook crypto ads has a temporrary effect in bitcoin. We know that facebook is one of the lagest social media,so it will limit the advetisement about bitcoin that affect the growth of bitcoin in terms of popularity and demand. So,i think bitcoin price also affected but i know it is just temporrary. After a weeks it will go back to normal again to bitcoin community.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:15:32 AM

So as you might have already heard, Facebook has taken a step against crypto ads asking people to participate in ICOs etc. And in the same time, bitcoin value has experienced quite a significant fall.
i was confused with this news because just recently I have seen a news clipping or article that Facebook is considering bitcoin and other cryptocurrency into their system and now this? They are now looking into banning ads related to cryptos. I see that they are only protecting the interest of users from fraudulent icos.. But I hope that they will be more Open mined about this. Cryptos are the thing now.
I like what this person just said and i quote

"We want people to continue exploring and learning new products and services through Facebook without risking fraud," said Rob Leathern, product manager for Facebook. Now many companies that advertise on binary options, ICO or electronic money are not very transparent. We will try to review such ads and then block them on the social networking sites of the company. like Facebook, Audience Network or Instagram.

facebook is after the protection of its users and the company itself. So from the time being let us give fb a chance to sift through everything and giving us the best that they can give.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:07:01 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 08:58:37 AM by ThunderCatSteve

So as you might have already heard, Facebook has taken a step against crypto ads asking people to participate in ICOs etc. And in the same time, bitcoin value has experienced quite a significant fall.
It may not be the only reason but I would say it will surely have some impact on crypt market cap and ICOs as well.

AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:12:28 AM

It is interesting when this restriction will start and what is the reasoning?
minnerETN

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:13:40 AM

I read an article about Facebook banning Bitcoin Ads and especially ICO projects. As recently there have been a lot of people investing in projects through advertising on the FB, and almost all of them are phishing projects.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:15:33 AM

This is really a bad spot for bitcoin right now. Because right now, as we can see. Bitcoin is up for recovery, and it should be. But because of many fuds such as these, made it harder for bitcoin to recover. I don't know if this is some kind of manipulation of the market and I believe that it is not good manipulating the market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:16:39 AM

As I understand from the news, this is not total ban, but some kind of filter. Do not you think so?

This the link with info:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/facebook-is-banning-cryptocurrency-and-ico-ads/
kilojay

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:18:57 AM

Im actually glad facebook banned all these annoying ads
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:22:37 AM

That is not the problem.
ban advertising bitcoin is not same as ban using bitcoin.
The crypto market year by year was at the lowest point on these months.
bitcoinfrings

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:41:10 AM

Facebook banning crypto ads will give other advertising portals more revenue... I really think Facebook banning crypto ads looks too anti-people.. there's no logical reason behind that accept the fact that they may be playing a script against crypto wealth
lamcouz

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:43:58 AM

Facebook said it will block all ads on its platform that involve digitally encrypted currency, including bitcoin, in an effort to discourage advertisers from promoting ads that the company calls "financial products and services often associated with misleading and deceptive promotion" .
francescomalatesta

Activity: 9
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:44:13 AM

Honestly I don't know how much it will affect Bitcoin and "good" cryptocurrencies.

I work with Facebook Ads and I saw a lot of scam in recent crypto-related FB ads. Maybe it's just a temporary situation.
unsquidly

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:44:21 AM

These days social media has a large impact on people. It's ads and posts acknowledge a lot of people. Thus after the ban, Facebook issued over ads of Crypto Ads a lot of effects could be seen over the Bitcoin trading. After all, it was this social media that made these cryptocurrencies known to all.
Quonelet

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:50:25 AM

Facebook banning crypto ads will give other advertising portals more revenue... I really think Facebook banning crypto ads looks too anti-people.. there's no logical reason behind that accept the fact that they may be playing a script against crypto wealth
This does sound right, but it does not mean that it's against a growing economy every single day. More and more ICO scam appears on Facebook, causing many people to lose their money when investing in those projects.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:50:57 AM

It may be but only a part of it. I believe bitcoin is getting hammered lately because there's not much development. Lightning network is still in its early stages and needs more testing. But once it goes live for real. Well we'll see.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

I read an article about Facebook banning Bitcoin Ads and especially ICO projects. As recently there have been a lot of people investing in projects through advertising on the FB, and almost all of them are phishing projects.

No worries guys, This kind of act from facebook wouldn't affect the crypto currency market even they ban all the ads of bitcoin or crypto currency related ads. Facebook may be the biggest names when it comes to social media but it has no impact on the crypto market. There are rumors that facebook is planning to make their own crypto currency for their platform and I think it is connected to the banning of crypto ads.

think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

Yes, Facebook has banned the promotion of cryptocurrency starting January 30, 2018. Because users have complained about cryptocurrency ads are more spam and fraud. Some people use facebook to do the deceptive work to benefit. Facebook launched this policy may reduce the number of participants in the ICO. But I think price bitcoin will not be much affected this policy of facebook. Many communication channels to promote cryptocurrency.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:59:38 AM

Facebook just banned company banner ads. It's not related bitcoin. But I know Many communication channels to promote cryptocurrency. But don't worry bitcoin run to run . so not fail bitcoin it's my opinion.

Bl4nk

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:01:13 AM

Facebook is starting to respond to ads that are too much in the social media. Maybe it's an action that the app they create is not too many ads. Because I think many ads are less good to look at. But if it is true they will clean the ad. I think that's a stupid thing, a lot of people are going to leave Facebook. They just have to tighten advertising there. it will not matter, because there are still many other social media that allow crypto and other advertising
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: