Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:08:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans Crypto Ads - Bitcoin Falls  (Read 524 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:28:06 AM

So as you might have already heard, Facebook has taken a step against crypto ads asking people to participate in ICOs etc. And in the same time, bitcoin value has experienced quite a significant fall.
Is this bitcoin value fall an affect of this ban by FB?
It may not be the only reason but I would say it will surely have some impact on crypt market cap and ICOs as well.
HappyDevil

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:00:19 AM

Facebook says the ban applies to all electronic money-related ads, including the sale of bitcoin diggers.
Facebook prohibits ads related to electronic money, ICO

The world's largest social network Facebook has announced the ban on ads related to the number because of the belief that these content is often confusing or fraudulent.

Although bitcoin has experienced a steep decline, from the beginning of 2017 to now, the price of electronic money has increased 10 times. However, the rise of bitcoin also makes many people doubt and fear of fraud. The US Securities and Exchange Commission recently frozen the assets of an $ 600 million ICO deal.

A spokesman for Facebook said the ban applies to all electronic money-related ads, including the sale of bitcoin digging equipment.

"We want people to continue exploring and learning new products and services through Facebook without risking fraud," said Rob Leathern, product manager for Facebook. Now many companies that advertise on binary options, ICO or electronic money are not very transparent. We will try to review such ads and then block them on the social networking sites of the company. like Facebook, Audience Network or Instagram.
dlhylton

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:06:41 AM

I don't think this will have any real impact. And the reason bitcoin fell today  was probably more due to the investigation into tether and bitfinex. Also, South Korea (a huge part of trading volume) banned anonymous trading today. So that probably had a big effect too.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:08:48 AM

Today so much FUD news, BTC down so much!
Hope we can stay still through all of this things
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:10:54 AM

So as you might have already heard, Facebook has taken a step against crypto ads asking people to participate in ICOs etc. And in the same time, bitcoin value has experienced quite a significant fall.
It may not be the only reason but I would say it will surely have some impact on crypt market cap and ICOs as well.
i think its not because i stay connect from facebook ads and i advertise some crypto currency and its work so i think its not true that facebook ban crypto currency ads.

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:17:15 AM

Bitcoin fall may not be related to that, it has got to do nothing with the bitcoin. The ICO is completely different thing and bitcoin is different. What getting advertised is the different projects of ICO an dtheir features to attract many people around the globe considering that Facebook has reached to each and every corner of the world.

If ICO advertises has dropped significantly on the Facebook platform then I’m pretty sure it should affect them as well as ETH currency. On the matter, ETH is the majorly accepted currency when we invest money into ICO projects. So major drop should be seen in the eth market and not the bitcoin market at all.
toti.

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

I think Facebook bannning crypto ads will affect bitcoin
but token ads can still be seen on FB
Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:20:38 AM

The ban on bitcoin by facebook will somewhere affect bitcoin investors. Many people find using Facebook more easy and feasible and at the same time they use to do their bitcoin investments and online businesses. So people doing bitcoin digging on fb will be affected to a great extent by this ban. Also it may affect bitcoin value.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

This particular ban by facebook is obviously impacting bitcoin and the entire crypto market in a negative, but this is simply a short term thing and I believe that the entire market will be bullish in the coming few weeks which is the sole reason why I am HODLING all my coins(bitcoins and altcoins). No number of bans can stop the king of the crypto market from falling in the long term based on past history.

I feel sad that programs like Bitconnect lending program etc are actually popping up regularly these days which tarnish the crypto market and lead to these kind of bans which is why investors need to avoid such programmes.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:32:49 AM

Definitely a contributing factor in the recent price decline of Bitcoin. As more and more ICOs have emerged to be scams in recent times, it becomes hard to invest as nobody can be sure if fundraisers are legit or not.
The move by Facebook to completely ban ICO related ads comes as a welcome move as it is a platform with high exposure potential and they do not want their users to be victims of scams.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:35:50 AM

I don't think this will have any real impact. And the reason bitcoin fell today  was probably more due to the investigation into tether and bitfinex. Also, South Korea (a huge part of trading volume) banned anonymous trading today. So that probably had a big effect too.

I think the issue here is that, ICO will no longer be able to get more money for their project.
Well, I think it is not good for those who advertise ICO to gain a bounty.

Facebook ads is one of the best advertisement that is used by the ICO to gain money for their project, without this, ICO will loss more opportunity to grow,
Well, the good thing here is that fraud ICO will also not be able to make a profit.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:36:41 AM

I think that's not the one factor why bitcoin is so dump now, there are too many reason not that the only thing banning bitcoin by facebook.
Remember that Chinese new year was almost there maybe that also the one factor why bitcoin in dip now, frankly speaking we all both know that no body knows what's the main reason of dumping bitcoin now so let's hope and pray that by next month it was fully recovered.

If ICO advertises has dropped significantly on the Facebook platform then I’m pretty sure it should affect them as well as ETH currency. On the matter, ETH is the majorly accepted currency when we invest money into ICO projects. So major drop should be seen in the eth market and not the bitcoin market at all.
Yes if they are banning in ads of ICO's project in Facebook the first crypto currency will affected is ethereum not bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:43:21 AM

So as you might have already heard, Facebook has taken a step against crypto ads asking people to participate in ICOs etc.
it is perfectly understandable that Facebook banned these advertisements, specially the ones involving ICOs because they are illegal at heart and the way of raising funds through an initial coin offering has never been a legal method. not to mention all the scams that are happening through these!

no it has nothing to do with that. nobody cares when a platform like FB changes their advertising rules!
the recent drop was purely market manipulation and FUD.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:48:29 AM

I think this is not the reason of Bitcoin's fall. Banning of ads is not that big to give an impact to the fall. The real deal in this one is the usd tether. I'm not having much idea regarding this topic but I believe according to my colleagues this is the main reason of the fall. This took place at bitfinex I think? This is really bad look for btc right now.
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

I don't the banning of Facebook of ICO ads affect the price of Bitcoin. Banning ICO on facebook means that now ICO will be having a hard time promoting to social media. ICOs are the ones affected here not the price of bitcoin.
IMO.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

I agree with some compliments here they just want to protect investors of some fraudulent Ico and i think one reason they ban ICO's ads because facebook will create New Token but the sad news here is there's a big impact on price action of bitcoin.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 06:54:37 AM

I think Facebook as a whole is just taking steps to ensure that their site does not become a den in which some illegal activity might seep through. I have heard some rumors that some ads with bitcoin or other cryptocurrency coins are being set up by some people who make people invest on it and then one way or another uses the money invested to
Install a ponzi scheme.

crptomoon1001

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:56:52 AM

Facebook CEO  has said earlier in the month that he himself is learning how to decentralize facebook. Is it possible that he is temporarily putting a STOP on ICO promotion activity on facebook till his own platform (and possibly crypto) is ready ?
mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 06:58:41 AM

actually facebook bans ico ads which doesnt have to do lot with bitcoin price.
but surely there will be some impact on the crypto market but that is not that big to cause big fall of the market.

Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:01:47 AM

Yeah, saw the news, and yes this will definitely affect the crypto currency market including Bitcoin. But I hope this will not be a reason for the continuous decrease of Bitcoin's value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: