Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 30kW mining farm - need ventilation advice [Reward]  (Read 1074 times)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:30:32 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 05:52:23 AM by Sandal_Hat

@polymer_city: How many Watts do you have in that room? Cheap fans sounds nice, as long as they are built to run 24/7, but how do you get the air out of the building, do you have any ducts? Yeah a picture would help if you can arrange it. If you have any ebay links and/or specs of the fans it's interesting.

@Sandal_hat: Yeah, 18000 cmh is really huge, and I guess I agree with you about overkill control setup. Just a knob to adjust it to see what happens would be fine, but maybe some electricity can be saved by not pulling more air than necessary. The fan is rated 3kW on max, but if 6-7000 would be enough I guess it'll be cheaper, and even cheaper in the winter.

@griffoincoin: sorry, not in UK. How is the data centre cooled, I guess a data center full of miners is much more hot than regular web servers and such...

I am using 18kw out if my 20kw at the moment. Also my layout is such that I point the machine hot air at the exhaust fan . I believe that helps. There is a good amount of space behind the miner for thr hot air to occupy but the airflow is strong and it gets sucked out quickly anyways. Since u have almost twice as much watts, maybe 11000cmh could be enough. I believe it depends on layout too. More is better and safer I guess. Also, good air pressure is important to pull the air into the ducts.

The bigger issue is how mining difficulty is going up too fast these days though sigh.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:35:14 AM

10k CFM seems pretty overkill to me. Im running a single exhaust fan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TXL5P0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1.6k CFM for ~ 15kw worth of miners. Temps are about 10 degrees above outside.

Agreed. I'm running roughly the same but using a single exhaust fan with a max of 3560 CFM. http://www.airkinglimited.com/page/window-fan.html

It's doing a great job so far. Will prob have to add a second soon as I add more miners.
[/quote]

Wow thats really low. I am guessing it is because u have 10 degrees outside. Mine is 25-32, no seasons, juz permanently that temp.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:37:01 AM

Also, I was thinking about it and it would probably cost less to AC the room than dehumidify.  Maybe it would only be close, but AC gives you control.  Depending on the warehouse it might make sense to insulate the walls a little more too.
Say what? An A/C unit IS A DEHUMIDIFIER.  Thats how an a/c unit removes heat.  It is the humidity in the air that carries the heat.  The humid air contacts the cold evaporator and the heat is drawn into the refrigerant within the evaporator. The water falls to a catch pan and is drained away from the unit.  The refrigerant takes the heat out to the condenser coil outside and it is then rejected to the atmosphere.  Then the cycle starts all over.  (This is the super simplified version without getting into pressures, compressor, metering and fans.
STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:58:15 PM

So what you're saying is a really big AC can solve global warming... Grin
sass0

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:13:37 PM

What room temperatures do you have on your farms? We currently run about 200 GPU's in 10-12C and GPU's keep runing on 30C @ 70% Fans... (large space, venting shut off)
polymer_city2

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

Hey dude

Here are a couple of pics of the setup I just dismantled.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/cJvV7iT4Td6tbmi6utrY7w.png

https://image.prntscr.com/image/fNlFoqNESCOfMLBqjvvbdw.png

It may or may not help you.

I didnt do any calcs for cooling as I had certain restrictions

The 400mm fan is only 400mm because of the studwork.

The 600mm fan was the biggest I could get in the window.

I will send some pics of my new build when i start if that helps.

Im having a raised floor with intake coming up through the floor in vents, and then ceiling fans taking hot air out.

FactoryFansDirect

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:14:57 PM

Factory Fans Direct/Edmonds US is an engineering firm that designs Bitcoin facilities and offers cooling ventilation and controllers at discounts.

FREE Expert advice and discounts on exhaust and recirculation fans and controllers, please call me at on my direct line 951-259-9009.

Mike Miller
Factory Fans Direct
Bitcoin Ventilation Experts
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: