Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:01:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storiqa (STQ) BAIT AND SWITCH scam! Possible PHISHING scam No support!  (Read 1161 times)
plastick (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 07:18:34 AM by plastick
Merited by cjmoles (5)

Summary:
During the ICO, Storiqa Support personnel claimed there would be no KYC ever. Close to the end of the ICO they created a "token sale policy" document claiming they want KYC details including Social Security Numbers and Passport info from everyone who bought into the ICO. They tried to pass this document off as an agreement everybody had made when buying into the ICO but this document did not even exist until the ICO was almost ended. When confronted about this they produced a older document, but turns out this document was modified as well and therefore proves nothing. Now Storiqa wants to hold all investor money hostage until given personal information. I believe they pulled this Bait and Switch Scam knowing they would not have sold half the tokens they did, had they enforced KYC from the beginning.

In addition to flat out lying about some of their advisers (who themselves deny being Storiqa advisers), failure to honor referral bonuses and having performed no known customer service....

During Storica's ICO signup there was nothing in the agreement which stated KYC (know your customer) would be required.

Even the admins claimed there was no KYC:

The day after the ICO they announced they would now have KYC and started throwing around this PDF document here: https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/static/docs/token_sale_policy.pdf

"12.1. STORIQA Group maintain a Know-Your-Customer (DzKYCdz) policy, collect and process
information Buyers provide directly to Company when Buyers use our Services. Types of
personal information which Company will collect from Buyers when Buyers visit or use our
online services include your name, nationality, country of residence, postal address, social
security number, passport data
telephone number(s), e-mail address and other. "

Storiqa is trying to claim KYC was always posted on their site. Here is the "agreement" they keep throwing around: https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/static/docs/token_sale_policy.pdf
Here is another copy in case they take down this document: https://filebin.ca/3qEEeB10hfIl/token_sale_policy.pdf

But the pdf metadata says otherwise. This PDF was created RIGHT BEFORE THE ICO ENDED (Jan 26).

The document itself states that  it was made much earlier than it actually was:

Where was this document linked to the site during the ICO?

This sort of thing is really deceptive because they knew a lot of people would not participate in the ICO had they required KYC when signing up for their site. Instead they elected to surprise everyone after they had taken money. They are literally hodling everybody's money hostage in exchange for all their personal info (including SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS) and have said there will be NO REFUNDS. So for all of you who can't satisfy their requirements of personal info YOU'RE FUCKED.

They have literally zero reason to require this info. First of all it is a utility token, not a security. Secondly, they do not accept fiat payments. Thirdly, they are RUSSIAN. I could understand this if it were somebody opening an online store but just for buying utility tokens? No way.

I wonder if they can produce a token sale policy that was created before the ICO began?
I wonder if they are registered with the SEC?
Why should anyone give their private identifying info (SSN, Passports, etc) If they themselves cannot be transparent as a company?

If anybody thinks it is safe to give your information to random online people asking for it, think again.......... Criminals use stolen ID selfies to create fake accounts on exchanges to launder money! Do you want to go to prison because your identity was stolen and used to launder money? I wouldn't be surprised if Storiqa intends to use your information to create fake exchange accounts to use to make even more money selling endless STQ tokens on the open market. Think about it for a second. The KYC info they are asking for (pic of you holding your ID, etc) is the EXACT SAME THING exchanges ask for! Paranoid? Better safe than sorry!

https://themerkle.com/new-paypal-phishing-site-demands-users-submit-a-selfie-while-holding-an-id-card/
https://www.hackread.com/android-malware-selfies-steals-credit-card/
https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2018/01/16/netflix-phishing-id/

Unfortunately they have managed to prevent caching of their website from archive.org and google so there is no way for them to prove it was there before but just in case they do end up scamming people here is a list of their server IPs. Storiqa website is hosted in Germany on Amazon servers . They managed to use cloudflare for one of their subdomains but neglected to hide them all. Isn't it a little strange they have a vpn server?

Edit: Added Jan 31
They posted this today:  https://medium.com/@storiqa/four-questions-about-kyc-a75c1ceae05b

"We are not going to run away (to Bahamas, for example) with all the money (in that case we would not even need KYC)."
... Says the Russian company with their site hosted in Germany hidden behind hashflare and their office in 'Hong Kong'.

When we take a look at their "Hong Kong" office address we find that many businesses are 'headquartered' there:

https://pmccapital.info/
https://nklsystem.com/contact
http://www.lei-lookup.com/#!recordPopup;lei=254900AHSPYG9DNQUA31;
http://firstccss.com/
etc, etc

"You can be sure that your personal data will be used only for STQs purchasing confirmation."
Yes but the United States government has actively warned it's citizens against giving up their personal information especially to Russians.

"4. Why do I need KYC? I don’t want to share any personal information!
KYC is a defensive mechanism for both the company and the clients. By sharing this data, all the token holders confirm that they are the true owners of their personal accounts and the wallet, to which we send STQ. It will grant that you are the person that receive your tokens."

Crypto is by definition SECURITY IN AND OF ITSELF. Why do they need to confirm "true owners" when the wallet itself IS THE IDENTITY OF THE TRUE OWNER? This statement makes literally ZERO SENSE AT ALL. Cryptocurrencies were specifically designed to allow trustless transactions THIS IS WHY WE USE THEM. If they want to know their customer WHY ARE THEY USING CRYPTO TOKENS? Just use fiat! How is this a defensive mechanism used to protect anybody?

So they posted an older document showing the paragraph was indeed in there but there was a typo.
But again, where was this document linked in the site? All they had linked during the ICO was a whitepaper.
archive.org/waybackmachine does not show this document linked anywhere on the site https://web.archive.org/web/20180121005340/https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/
Why did they not apply KYC when users registered? Why did they lie about it in telegram?

Update:
2-1-2018

Storiqa has restricted their reddit page to approved users only. Afraid people might learn the truth?

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:37:01 AM

YUP....NOT GOOD!  

Here's my experience with their live support:

/* Chat started Storiqa Support Team joined the chat

You — Please update your info:
When will tokens be released?

Storiqa Support Team:
closer to feb 13

Will they automatically go to my wallet, or will I have to do anything special?

Storiqa Support Team:
you need to pass kyc as a start

I have contacted the authorities in my jurisdiction and they have advised me not relay my personal information to a non-regulated foreign entity....how do I get a refund?

Storiqa Support Team:
We do not have refund

What do I do?

Storiqa Support Team:
Can not advice you

Scammed?

In Telegram they said KYC wouldn't be required for ICO....just platform usage.

Storiqa Support Team:
No, they said "KYC not needed now, we're working on it. will be closer to sale ends"

So, you will keep my $5,000 if I don't give you my Social Security Number?

Storiqa Support Team:
If you don't pass KYC. Do not worry, we will keep it confidential

You are Russian ---> My government told me not to give my Social Security Number because you are not an authorized agency!

Storiqa Support Team:

We advised you to contact a lawyer before you invested.

*/ <<Storiqa abruptly closed chat just before I copied that last line but the rest I copy pasted as they were being posted >>

Live support chat is now disabled, for me, on their landing page, and I have been kicked out of Telegram for pointing out their scammy post-investment KYC requirement.
tmschard

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:44:35 AM

I think I did not understand ... Is the company by demanding KYC a SCAM?! Funny
plastick (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:53:13 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 09:15:43 PM by plastick

What balls these people have!!

They posted this today:  https://medium.com/@storiqa/four-questions-about-kyc-a75c1ceae05b

"We are not going to run away (to Bahamas, for example) with all the money (in that case we would not even need KYC)."
... Says the Russian company with their site hosted in Germany hidden behind hashflare and their office in 'Hong Kong'.

When we take a look at their "Hong Kong" office address we find that many businesses are 'headquartered' there:

https://pmccapital.info/
https://nklsystem.com/contact
http://www.lei-lookup.com/#!recordPopup;lei=254900AHSPYG9DNQUA31;
http://firstccss.com/
etc, etc

"You can be sure that your personal data will be used only for STQs purchasing confirmation."
Yes but the United States government has actively warned it's citizens against giving up their personal information especially to Russians.

"4. Why do I need KYC? I don’t want to share any personal information!
KYC is a defensive mechanism for both the company and the clients. By sharing this data, all the token holders confirm that they are the true owners of their personal accounts and the wallet, to which we send STQ. It will grant that you are the person that receive your tokens."

Crypto is by definition SECURITY IN AND OF ITSELF. Why do they need to confirm "true owners" when the wallet itself IS THE IDENTITY OF THE TRUE OWNER? This statement makes literally ZERO SENSE AT ALL. Cryptocurrencies were specifically designed to allow trustless transactions THIS IS WHY WE USE THEM. If they want to know their customer WHY
 ARE THEY USING CRYPTO TOKENS? Just use fiat! How is this a defensive mechanism used to protect anybody?

plastick (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:59 PM

That is why this thread says "possible" scam.

And they are demanding KYC POST-ICO, which is obviously SCAMMY. Even if they don't intend to run off with all the money it is still a scam to deceive people into investing thinking there was no KYC.
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:32:01 PM

Cross posted to Reddit group https://www.reddit.com/r/shamcoin/ (hope you don't mind).
plastick (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:07:15 PM

"7.3. Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel the Token purchase requests at any time
at Company's sole discretion,
including cases when the information provided by Buyer upon any
requests is not sufficient, inaccurate or misleading, Buyer is deemed to be a Restricted Person, or
Buyer has not complied with any of the requirements of the Web Application.
7.4. In the case specified in Article 7.3 hereof, Company may, at its sole discretion, either:
7.4.1. retain all the funds paid by the respective payer; or
7.4.2. refund to the payer of the funds in accordance with the Clause 11 hereof."

So they think they can keep your money and not give you any tokens, for no reason at all. This sort of thing seems to appear a lot in ICO exit scams.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:38:52 PM

"7.3. Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel the Token purchase requests at any time
at Company's sole discretion,
including cases when the information provided by Buyer upon any
requests is not sufficient, inaccurate or misleading, Buyer is deemed to be a Restricted Person, or
Buyer has not complied with any of the requirements of the Web Application.
7.4. In the case specified in Article 7.3 hereof, Company may, at its sole discretion, either:
7.4.1. retain all the funds paid by the respective payer; or
7.4.2. refund to the payer of the funds in accordance with the Clause 11 hereof."

So they think they can keep your money and not give you any tokens, for no reason at all. This sort of thing seems to appear a lot in ICO exit scams.

Yes....they specifically told me they were keeping my money if I didn't provide them with their requests.  Either they are a scam or they are incompetent ---> either way, we're screwed.  There is no reason for them to be requesting our sensitive personal information if we did not send them one of the regulated currencies....Further, if KYC were required every time we made a transaction on the blockchain, then each transaction would take days, not minutes.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:53:46 PM

If I sold you my car, then after you handed me the money, I told you that I also needed proof that you've never broken a law and if you didn't provide the proof I would keep your money and the car ----> would that be scammy?

Giving unregulated entities, from countries that are demonstrably known for identity theft, your sensitive personal information is fucking stupid ---> period.  No matter what fucking planet you came from!  Would you also suggest giving the Nigerian princes you find in your email spam folder your sensitive personal information?
tmschard

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:08:12 AM

If I sold you my car, then after you handed me the money, I told you that I also needed proof that you've never broken a law and if you didn't provide the proof I would keep your money and the car ----> would that be scammy?

Giving unregulated entities, from countries that are demonstrably known for identity theft, your sensitive personal information is fucking stupid ---> period.  No matter what fucking planet you came from!  Would you also suggest giving the Nigerian princes you find in your email spam folder your sensitive personal information?

This comparison makes no sense.

My point of view is: A serious company, which intends to act as a large company, must necessarily at some point demonstrate the origin of the resources for legal purposes in their country .... We are talking about COMPANY and this in no way can be 100% anonymous.

When we invest in an ICO, we are becoming more than shareholders because we are founding the company's capital.

Another point is: If the company is a fraud, why the hell would KYC require it? If I were a fraud, by now I'd be on some island with all the money.

Next time, if you do not want to present your confidential documents, buy the tokens on the market and forget the ICO.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:54:03 AM

Giving unregulated entities, from countries that are demonstrably known for identity theft, your sensitive personal information is fucking stupid ---> period.  No matter what fucking planet you came from!  Would you also suggest giving the Nigerian princes you find in your email spam folder your sensitive personal information?

This comparison makes no sense.

My point of view is: A serious company, which intends to act as a large company, must necessarily at some point demonstrate the origin of the resources for legal purposes in their country .... We are talking about COMPANY and this in no way can be 100% anonymous.

When we invest in an ICO, we are becoming more than shareholders because we are founding the company's capital.

Another point is: If the company is a fraud, why the hell would KYC require it? If I were a fraud, by now I'd be on some island with all the money.

Next time, if you do not want to present your confidential documents, buy the tokens on the market and forget the ICO.

If they were a serious company, then they would provide refunds to those they "unintentionally" deceived, right?  They wouldn't be saying, "Give us all of your your sensitive personal information or we'll keep your money."  Only a complete dumb phuck would accept that as a legitimate proposition.  Losing control over your identity is serious....you lose everything you have AND everything you may have in the future under your name.  Are you mature enough to understand those consequences?

"Another point is: If the company is a fraud, why the hell would KYC require it? If I were a fraud, by now I'd be on some island with all the money."  <----Good question ---> KYC is NOT required, they are lying to you!  And, they are probably already on an island with all the money....LOL
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:50:14 AM

Huh? I don't think you understand what KYC is.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:29:43 PM

/r/Storiqa was flooded with threads of people trying to sell their accounts.

All got deleted.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:54:43 PM

Changed the title of this thread from "possible scam" to "BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM" because that is exactly what they did.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

Storiqa has restricted their reddit page to approved users only. Afraid people might learn the truth? Afraid to provide assistance to worried customers?

akamit

Activity: 1470
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:18:37 PM

In my opinion what storiqa doing is like pure blackmailing. At the beginning, they didn't say anything about KYC and after ICO they are forcing KYC.
I would not have invested (maybe) if I've seen KYC requirement at the beginning. Now I feel like I had taken a stupid decision to invest in storiqa.

It's embarrassing when a successful ICO plays with their investors at the end of ICO. Let's see what happens and where it ends.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:42:18 PM

In my opinion what storiqa doing is like pure blackmailing. At the beginning, they didn't say anything about KYC and after ICO they are forcing KYC.
I would not have invested (maybe) if I've seen KYC requirement at the beginning. Now I feel like I had taken a stupid decision to invest in storiqa.

It's embarrassing when a successful ICO plays with their investors at the end of ICO. Let's see what happens and where it ends.

I am hoping they can do some PR to fix this mess. All we want is answers. They could just fess up and admit they made a mistake but all they have said so far is no refunds, banned people who ask questions, try to fight with everyone and basically act like that redhead kid in school who used to steal everyone's lunch money.

I invested in this company to open a online store but it's looking like they are going to worse to deal with than ebay and amazon combined.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 06:20:40 AM

This is the only person I've seen on Youtube with a cogent voice on this topic: https://youtu.be/L4jsM6dKxN8  The rest of them are all shills!  And, yup, I was prevented from posting on the Storiqa SubReddit too.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:45:29 PM

If anybody thinks it is safe to give your information to random online people asking for it, think again..........

https://themerkle.com/new-paypal-phishing-site-demands-users-submit-a-selfie-while-holding-an-id-card/

https://www.hackread.com/android-malware-selfies-steals-credit-card/

https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2018/01/16/netflix-phishing-id/
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:27:59 AM

The dumbphucks in the Storiqa SubReddit threads needs to see these articles....I was restricted from posting in the Storiqa Subreddit....but these phishing scams look exactly like what these guys are planning....I can see these guys opening several exchange accounts with our ID's in order to launder the very money we gave them for the ICO into clean accounts....These guys need to be stopped.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: