Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining earnings are terrible, I'm shutting down for a while  (Read 3468 times)
BitBustah (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:22:55 PM

Started mining again. Made 3 euro the last 12 hours with my 4 GPUs (1080 ti, 1080, 1080, 1070). That's terrible...

The most profitable bitcoins I ever mined, were the ones I mined when it was unprofitable to do so.

think about it

I did. It's true.. When the coin increases in value. When it doesn't...
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:26:36 PM

Started mining again. Made 3 euro the last 12 hours with my 4 GPUs (1080 ti, 1080, 1080, 1070). That's terrible...

The most profitable bitcoins I ever mined, were the ones I mined when it was unprofitable to do so.

think about it

I did. It's true.. When the coin increases in value. When it doesn't...

Grin oh man you are hero member, if that account isnt bought you should have some experience how crypto works.

Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

thanks god some of the fucktards stop mining and hopefully they will dump their gpus on the second market, so real miners can benefit from it

This message is full of anger, but actually, I would like to see hobby miners selling their cards so that we prices will finally get back to normal.
BitBustah (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:49:08 PM

Quote from: treanski link=topic=2854657.msg30226617#msg30226617
Grin oh man you are hero member, if that account isnt bought you should have some experience how crypto works.

I can assure you it is not bought. I used to own a faucet and stuff loooooong time ago...

I used to be positive like you, but now I am not. When I started mining I made 3 euro a day with just 1 GPU. For me it has never been this bad.
The world has changed, that's why I think BTC won't rise that much anymore. It's not a bad thing -crypto will never die, but for me it is not making me enough money anymore. Good thing is I have a few GPUs for when I buy my Oculus. Cheesy
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:51:48 PM

I can assure you it is not bought. I used to own a faucet and stuff loooooong time ago...

I used to be positive like you, but now I am not. When I started mining I made 3 euro a day with just 1 GPU. For me it has never been this bad.
The world has changed, that's why I think BTC won't rise that much anymore. It's not a bad thing -crypto will never die, but for me it is not making me enough money anymore. Good thing is I have a few GPUs for when I buy my Oculus. Cheesy

I'm certainly going to keep some good gpu's for VR when I decide call it quits with gpu mining.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
BitBustah (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:53:27 PM

I'm certainly going to keep some good gpu's for VR when I decide call it quits with gpu mining.

Great minds think alike. Is the Oculus still the best on the market atm?
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:15:27 PM

As difficulty and price fall is there in the market so your profit will be less now. Once the value of every crypto currencies back in action we will find its value grown more than any investment option in crypto investment.
Hope you do not demotivate yourself in this time. Have to wait for some months to find the profit in USD calculation still in crypto value it is profitable. Am I right buddy.
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:20:08 PM

after bitcoin crash last year to 3k $, i barely mined my electricity costs. but i kept mining and in december i paid of all my rigs and made some nice profit...
hodl and believe Grin

The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:23:12 AM

My 1080ti, 2x 1080 and 1070 made 12 euro during the last 24 hours.

12 euros.. That's almost next to nothing when substracting the power and transaction costs.

I'm shutting down my miner for a few weeks. Is anyone else taking these drastic measurements, or am I the only one?
I must confess that I don't believe BTC will go up again soon... (sorry to the believers here, no disrespect intended).

Did you shut down for a while? If you didn't, did you sell your coins cheap? I guess my point is, look how fast things change! If you kept mining, and held your coins until now, you would have made just as much money as if the coins had never dropped in the first place.
BitBustah (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:52:47 AM

12 euros.. That's almost next to nothing when substracting the power and transaction costs.

I'm shutting down my miner for a few weeks. Is anyone else taking these drastic measurements, or am I the only one?
I must confess that I don't believe BTC will go up again soon... (sorry to the believers here, no disrespect intended).

Did you shut down for a while? If you didn't, did you sell your coins cheap? I guess my point is, look how fast things change! If you kept mining, and held your coins until now, you would have made just as much money as if the coins had never dropped in the first place.

I started mining a few weeks ago.. Earnings are up, but still not as good as I'd wish. Let us hope BTC will keep going up....
xtin-tin

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:40:03 AM

Hope you can still earn from this, I have actually read some of the miners said that its kinda hard for them to earn in mining at this point.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

Hope you can still earn from this, I have actually read some of the miners said that its kinda hard for them to earn in mining at this point.

Lol.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:56:38 PM

Its all a question about income and the electric bill.
Check if you can outsource your rigs.
Kelarid

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:39:29 PM

after bitcoin crash last year to 3k $, i barely mined my electricity costs. but i kept mining and in december i paid of all my rigs and made some nice profit...
hodl and believe Grin

Would that be better if you just buy and hold?
johny78

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:22:33 PM

Mining is still profitable even with avg power cost ~0.15$ kwh
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

It is profitable at a much higher rate than that. I am still making a few hundred a month at .127 after electric costs.  I have no plan to stop mining even if it ends up break even or a littler loss.  I have been holding for a long time since paying off all my rigs.  I will patiently mine and hold till other give up and prices begin to rise again.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:36:12 PM

I started mining a few weeks ago.. Earnings are up, but still not as good as I'd wish. Let us hope BTC will keep going up....

sad that bitcoin has to have an over inflated price of over $17,000 for mining to be profitable

this is the true price of many coins
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

you just need to mine the right stuff, for example ipbc first day with the good 10k blocks Grin
my effort for 23h mining = ~23k coins = ~1500$@current rate Grin

RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:38:48 PM

Started mining in August, held then sold in December and paid off both my rigs, all the electricity and have a bit left in the tank!

And electricity is spenny over here in the UK!

Merit me or don't.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:53:07 PM

Honestly, mining profitability has been very good for the past couple months.  Even at the lowest dip from like 2 weeks ago, profitability was overall very good. 

Right now my 6x 1060 rig is generating close to $9 a day.  At one point it was down below $5 but that was a couple months ago.  Yeah it will take some time to pay off any new rigs but its absolutely stupid to shut down the rigs you already posses unless you are paying like 50 cents kwh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: