Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 12:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Peercover Invitations  (Read 1402 times)
datz (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

"to survive, we must live and fly"

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:15:40 PM

Peercover is now operational.

We are offering a private trial before launch Tuesday September 3rd starting tomorrow September 1st in order to solicit feedback and dot our Is.

You have a chance to be one of the first group founders, potentially in charge of your own large insurance group as an admin. You may also start a non-admin group and receive the founder designation.

For the next week, anyone who receives a personal invite and founds a non-admin public group gets 2% of all claims approved and paid in that group for the lifetime of that group.

PM me if interested @ jmimms@peercover.com
datz (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:37:53 PM

Use Cases (Positive and Negative):

Negative:
You hope to insure your smartphone. You want to cover total loss and screen fracture. You found a group, write terms, and invite associates. Your associates invite other peers and the group grows to 600 users. You set portioning so people who sign different amounts they are covering end up paying more similar portions since screen fracture costs the same to repair and is more common than total loss. You vote to vest. The group vests and the group approves about two claims a month. You signed $200 and pay .01% of each claim, cents, only after the claim is approved. The signed value represent the total amount you may claim over the lifetime of the group.

Negative:
You want to protect your bicycle. You join an admin group to cover your bicycle in the case of tire wear and accidental damage. The group vests and you sit back and relax - let the admins do the work of approving/denying claims. You know the admins will do a good job because if they file claims the entire group gets to vote on their claims (checks and balances).

Positive:
You want to lose weight. You create a group which rewards people after they lose 20 lbs with $200 in maximum total claims.

Opportunity:
So, if you found with Peercover in the private trial in the next week, you have the opportunity to build groups of thousands of people who will file and approve claims for the lifetime of the group (up to 360 days) and you get 2% of each claim approved - that is a big deal and a big opportunity.

wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:11:14 AM

We are offering a private trial before launch Tuesday September 3rd starting tomorrow September 1st in order to solicit feedback and dot our Is.

You have a chance to be one of the first group founders, potentially in charge of your own large insurance group as an admin. You may also start a non-admin group and receive the founder designation.

For the next week, anyone who receives a personal invite and founds a non-admin public group gets 2% of all claims approved and paid in that group for the lifetime of that group.

This sounds generous! If I get the code this week, do I have to found my group this week as well? It doesn't leave a lot of time to get organised. Can you start the group at a later date and still qualify for the 2% if you get the code this week?
datz (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

This sounds generous! If I get the code this week, do I have to found my group this week as well? It doesn't leave a lot of time to get organised. Can you start the group at a later date and still qualify for the 2% if you get the code this week?

We raised to 3%. Email jmimms@peercover.com for a code. From the date you redeem the code, you have 7 days to found groups. You get the 3% for the lifetime of those groups.
datz (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:46:55 AM

Also, we are working on several new features allowing you to share fees with admins you recruit, essentially building your own executive team.
wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:29:02 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 12:50:11 PM by wezelvis

Offering incentives to early users is a great idea, and being able to share fees will make it easy to recruit people into a group when the numbers are low at the start. I think you have a site that can go viral very easily!
wolfgang_spraul

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

for the record - there is probably more feedback about Peercover over in the ripple forums
https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3606
You can continue to post here, just thought I share the link with more action as well...
Thanks for the feedback everybody.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: