Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:43:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As long as you convert your crypto to fiat, we will never go mass adoption  (Read 477 times)
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

It's impossible, many Bitcoin enthusiasts need to deal in their daily lives with people that don't know what Bitcoin is. Most places don't accept it and won't accept it so fast like we would like. It's not a problem at all, in the future many stores will accept it, we are just in the middle of the process, it's not the right time yet to have most stores accepting Bitcoin as payment method. Everything is happening on its right time...
Stores will not accept bitcoins. You finished half a day to spend in the store waiting for the confirmation of your purchase? According to statistics people are doing in stores most small purchases. Are you willing to pay 10-50% of purchase cost per transaction? After this problem will be solved by the sellers themselves will be interested in taking payment in bitcoin. Now this is not interested neither the sellers nor the buyers.

That is why stores won't accept Bitcoin as payment soon. But it doesn't mean these issues will remain forever. The confirmation time and high fees issues aren't impossible to be solved as technology advances and become more powerful and intelligent. I agree with you, for now it's not interesting for buyers, neither for sellers, so as I said on the first post: Mass adoption at this moment is impossible.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:39:40 PM

It's impossible, many Bitcoin enthusiasts need to deal in their daily lives with people that don't know what Bitcoin is. Most places don't accept it and won't accept it so fast like we would like. It's not a problem at all, in the future many stores will accept it, we are just in the middle of the process, it's not the right time yet to have most stores accepting Bitcoin as payment method. Everything is happening on its right time...
Stores will not accept bitcoins. You finished half a day to spend in the store waiting for the confirmation of your purchase? According to statistics people are doing in stores most small purchases. Are you willing to pay 10-50% of purchase cost per transaction? After this problem will be solved by the sellers themselves will be interested in taking payment in bitcoin. Now this is not interested neither the sellers nor the buyers.
These are some problems which making it hard for the people to use their bitcoin directly for shopping and trading purposes, and not to convert it in to fiat currency, i think that if such problems will solve then it will become easy for the people to use bitcoin for shopping in their shops where the shopkeepers will happily accept bitcoin for shopping.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:30:26 AM

You really need to cash out at some point. In some countries, you can't pay bills with crypto, buy groceries with it or pay for other daily necessities. What should those people do then? Photosynthesize?
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:53:01 AM

People! please don't look at crypto as an ez money maker, and please don't convert to fiat, I would suggest to USE it rather than spend it.
The next time you pay for something, always encourage them to accept crypto. If they refuse, then so be it, but what you're doing is the effort so that many people will hear about it, and maybe the next time someone asked them to receive payment through crypto, maybe they will change their mind and try it.

This is how your transfer the market cap from fiat to blockchain and this is how you realize true gain, your 10 coins valued at let's say 100$ can go to the moon if more people would switch to crypto.
Please please please, we want a future with just peer to peer txion, F the middle man!
But the real fact is people use crypto for easy money multiplier like traders, developers who creates a cryptocurrency and conducting an ICOs this is the fastest ways to create money not for the purpose of mass adoptation you cannot control people from converting it into fiat this is part of the ecosystem let the world adopt it naturally not for now but it will in the nearest future.   

dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:39:50 AM

People! please don't look at crypto as an ez money maker, and please don't convert to fiat, I would suggest to USE it rather than spend it.
The next time you pay for something, always encourage them to accept crypto. If they refuse, then so be it, but what you're doing is the effort so that many people will hear about it, and maybe the next time someone asked them to receive payment through crypto, maybe they will change their mind and try it.

This is how your transfer the market cap from fiat to blockchain and this is how you realize true gain, your 10 coins valued at let's say 100$ can go to the moon if more people would switch to crypto.
Please please please, we want a future with just peer to peer txion, F the middle man!
Acceptance of bitcoin as a means of payment is a problem. Not all business institutions recognizes bitcoin. Another thing is the availability of cash on hand, that is why a lot is selling there holdings and converting it to cash.
rememberme15

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:10:55 AM

So that was mass adaption. That's a good way to recruit,
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:58:54 AM

Many people see crypto currency as an investment rather than currency so they are converting once they got enough profits.But you are right we need to use crypto as crypto for the healty future of crypto currency but still we can't use crypto as a direct payment in our day to day life.Only some well developed cities may accepts bitcoins but in my country I can't buy anything with crypto currency so I need to convert it into fiat if I want to use it.
Still we are in the early stages of crypto currency system like less than a year buy fiat system is in use for many centuries so it needs some more decades to adopt to the mass adoption.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

You're talking about dont convert to flat, its a good thing if there are lots of people already accepting bitcoin as currencies while nowadays we can see government start banning them and there are only a few that accept bitcoin as payment other than online payment and shopping. If they refuse to accept crypto for payment while you are the one who really needs the item, then i dont think you can refuse paying with flat, its just bullshit. I think the best way for us is to promote cryptocurrencies through social media, its the easiest way and the cheapest too.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:23:47 AM

good points in the OP but there are a couple of things missing.
first thing is the volatility and that always leads to more investors instead of more users (spenders). because when you see what you bought can be worth a lot more in a month, you automatically will start preferring to hold instead of spend. so we kind of need a lot more adoption so that more stability is achieved so we can have less investors and more spenders.

second thing is the fees. for the past 2 months the bitcoin transaction fees were high and that throws people off of wanting to spend. at some point only investors will remain if the fees go back up (right now it is back down to lower level but not quite there yet). and also eventually investors will go away if the fees remain high and there is no spender left.

and finally since OP is saying crypto not bitcoin only, i have to add most altcoins are junk and you can't expect anyone to even think about spending junk! there are lots of bugs, lots of issues and a lot of headache for most of them to be adopted.

There is a FOMO brewing...
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:57:21 AM

Unfortunately this is the truth. That is why people convert their Bitcoins and altcoins into fiat money. What will you do with your crypto when you are not online and internet is not available? Paper money is still in power.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:12:19 AM

I think it really doesn't matter on how much Bitcoin we have on our wallet or whatever we are doing with it either cash it out, hold or even spend it but the thing is we should let our family, relatives, and friends aware about the potential of Bitcoin in this computer age most especially in the near future. That is how adoptation works and if more and more people are going into Bitcoin it will make the crypto community even more stronger as before. As we all know that cryptocurrency is a community driven asset adoption is very important that is why we need to educate others for them to have financial freedom too.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
eastgrand

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:19:31 AM

These things are too difficult, especially when it involves governments. If people start leaning towards crypto, they have the manipulation power to ruin it. Not just that, they have the will. It's too easy for the elite to manipulate cryptos. They'll say they're going to ban it, people start selling it, and they buy up all the cheap coin.
eastgrand

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:23:07 AM

Not only do I completely agree with your sentiment but I am now going to go one step further and begin discussing cryptocurrencies with individuals I don't know because the power is there we just need to educate individuals. I have also begun spending my cryptos and 2018 onward I don't want to ever cash out crypto as I think that defeats the purpose of what we are doing here.

Take my advice, I don't think it's wise to talk money matters with strangers. Maybe it's because I live in a big city, but you will eventually become a target.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:51:12 AM

Well yeah! Actually this is a good idea, I mean it doesn't hurt to ask the shopkeeper whether he accepts bitcoin or not, at least it will send a message to their subconscious mind about bitcoin and if they are curious enough then they might take steps to accept cryptocurrency on their shop which will directly help the mass adaption.
But then also they would have to go to exchanges to get fiat in exchange for bitcoins as there are only a handful places that accept cryptocurrencies, so right now the most important thing is to make the people aware about such things.
Smokey Bob

Activity: 106
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:53:13 AM

Blockchain technology will be incorporated into things that are profitable no matter what. This is the true gain from Bitcoin, not actually Bitcoin itself. Bitcoin is pretty useless, and more of a gimmick than anything else right now. It doesn't solve any problems now. So I've cashed out a bit, fortunately before this correction. Might buy back in when I feel the market is recovering, but right now I'm sitting tight with my Fiat. Might even buy something.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:23:04 AM

Truely, information is the key. Getting more people informed about the world of cryptocurrency is the way to go. If we preach it more and more, though some will reject it as the gospel was and is rejected but few some would also be converted into it- "for many were called but few were  chosen", with time we are going to make the needed impact.

Lets keep reaching out, each one tell all. Not quite long I got to know about it myself.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:40:44 AM
Merited by Fafabol (1)

All crypto are only source by converting into real paper money, because as of this moment, all kinds of cryptocurrencies are not controlled by government, and the real paper money are own and made by government which is legalize. In cryptocurrencies, they are not legally accepted in all institutions, thats why a lot people are converted their crypto assets or profits into real paper money for the purpose that the real money can easily buy some goods and products, although crypto like bitcoin is acceptable in some institutions but not totally all unlike the real paper money. I know that there are many people interested in bitcoin and I'm one that, it is because of the higher value compared to any currency.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:22:16 AM

All crypto are only source by converting into real paper money, because as of this moment, all kinds of cryptocurrencies are not controlled by government, and the real paper money are own and made by government which is legalize. In cryptocurrencies, they are not legally accepted in all institutions, thats why a lot people are converted their crypto assets or profits into real paper money for the purpose that the real money can easily buy some goods and products, although crypto like bitcoin is acceptable in some institutions but not totally all unlike the real paper money. I know that there are many people interested in bitcoin and I'm one that, it is because of the higher value compared to any currency.

And we can't stop people from converting their cryptos to real money as we all know there's limitation on using them and everyone has their own financial needs. Maybe we can still achieve mass adoption in other ways like legalizing or accepting the cryptocurrency by the government because honestly it's the mainstream now of all of these sudden dump.
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:58:06 PM

It is applicable to those who does not in need. Holding the coins until it reach the top in crypto. Until such time that it will circulate in the world. But not all have a huge money, honestly, more participants here are from poor country.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

I think it's a stupid strategy. Any money brings income only when they have turnover. You offer to collect bitcoins. This can only have a short-term effect. Only a constant turnover of coins can stimulate the growth of bitcoin's popularity. This will push the price up. Your proposal to make a bubble out of bitcoin is wrong.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: