Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Bag of Cash!  (Read 1068 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

Seriously! ; )

I found a guy in my area on Craigslist selling this stuff by the pound. You should have seen how much he had! I had never heard of being able to buy Federal Reserve destroyed notes. But you can! I asked the guy how much money I had (I bought a pound). He said that on average you can count on $1,000/oz. So I had $16,000!
He also said its tough to tell, though. He buys from Federal Reserve branches all over the country. Some bags are high-denomination bills, old bills, even confiscated bills! He said he throws it all in the pot to make it more interesting.

Obviously you have to look closer, but I found a strip with "100" clearly on it. Also, I found some with dye...like from a dye pack. Confiscated money? I looked it up, could be-the color matches.

Anyways, I'll offer this at /half oz mailed anywhere in the USA
The bag pictured contains one half oz.

Think of all the stuff you can do with this...I have an idea in mind ; )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MA5H3D

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:02:24 PM

I wouldn't smoke it, what's your idea?
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:21:35 AM

5$ for half an ounce, or 45$ for 80 ounces.

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/5lbbagofshreddeduscurrency.aspx

18 times cheaper, also comes in a nice treasury bag instead of a ziplock sandwich bag.

Nice to see that little johnny is still trying to nickle and dime his way to greatness though...
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 12:35:03 AM

18 times cheaper, also comes in a nice treasury bag instead of a ziplock sandwich bag.

Nice to see that little johnny is still trying to nickle and dime his way to greatness though...

haha, fail.  Besides, what were you gunna do?  Tape em together?  Probably won't be accepted Wink
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:01:09 AM

He said that on average you can count on $1,000/oz. So I had $16,000!
 bags are high-denomination bills, old bills,

sorry to hear you got scammed

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:33:47 AM

haha, fail.  Besides, what were you gunna do?  Tape em together?  Probably won't be accepted Wink
Your trolling attempt is a fail for a few reasons:

1. You may be, but I'm not too stupid to do preliminary research to make sure I'm paying a fair price for any item.
2. I checked eBay to see what a fair price for 1/2oz would be
3. I added a premium because my shreds include confiscated, high-denomination, old, and pieces from a variety of mints.
And also because I am selling this for bitcoins by the 1/2oz. If you really want 5 pounds of this stuff for $45 (don't think the US Treasury site accepts Bitcoins) (plus shipping which the Treasury Department loves to tack on), then congratulations, you found a better deal.
4. I mentioned in the body of the original post that the guy buys his shreds from a variety of mints...did I say you have to have any kind of "clearance" or anything to do so?

And here's proof that you just like to play troll:

Please describe one way in which I have wronged you, ripped you off, or otherwise done something malicious to you? Anyone else who has personal experience with me, feel free to speak up. There's a reason that I've been here for a while and people still trust me to do deals all the time. So, nice try, but please leave my post alone.
Any person who is/was interested in buying this from me is just as capable at doing a Google search as you are (believe it or not), and I have obviously not tried to hide any information from anyone, so really your post was 100% redundant.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:41:32 AM

I wouldn't smoke it, what's your idea?
I bought one of those old fashioned glass piggy banks off eBay and painstakingly stuffed it with this stuff. I have an awesome piece on my desk at work now though. People have noticed it and said something even.
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:03:54 AM

I prefer to smelt my own shredded money.  If I want more old, confiscated, and high denomination, I just use some .999 old money shot on the standard treasury shredded bills.  Works like a charm, just have to be careful of the fumes. 

You can buy mine for .03BTC / half-oz -- mailed anywhere in the U.S. or Canada :smug: 
surebet

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:07:02 AM

Oh hi, we're talking again? I guess I can't be failing that much.

1. You may be, but I'm not too stupid to do preliminary research to make sure I'm paying a fair price for any item.

Maybe, but...

You claim that your shit has super fancy notes in there. How can you compare with ebay?

3. I added a premium because my shreds include confiscated, high-denomination, old, and pieces from a variety of mints.

Also, how do you know that there is super fancy shit in there, and also, why would it matter? As for your claims of confiscated dye pack stained notes, if you're talking about the pink on the strip in the second photo, that's a cashier's stamp. Aren't you supposed to be vaguely competent when it comes to numismatics?

And also because I am selling this for bitcoins by the 1/2oz. If you really want 5 pounds of this stuff for $45 (don't think the US Treasury site accepts Bitcoins) (plus shipping which the Treasury Department loves to tack on), then congratulations, you found a better deal.

So, you're charging a 18x premium for accepting bitcoins?

4. I mentioned in the body of the original post that the guy buys his shreds from a variety of mints...did I say you have to have any kind of "clearance" or anything to do so?

My ACSO is relevant how?

Well no shit, Sherlock. Still doesn't change the fact that your latest hilarious scheme deserved my attention.

Please describe one way in which I have wronged you, ripped you off, or otherwise done something malicious to you? Anyone else who has personal experience with me, feel free to speak up. There's a reason that I've been here for a while and people still trust me to do deals all the time. So, nice try, but please leave my post alone.
Any person who is/was interested in buying this from me is just as capable at doing a Google search as you are (believe it or not), and I have obviously not tried to hide any information from anyone, so really your post was 100% redundant.

I'm not accusing you of wanting to scam people, simply highlighting your idiocy. The unlicensed prescription drugs, the retarded 99.9% pure silver smelting, this shit, all the rest, you're hilarious, and I'd wager that the other people in this thread are laughing as well.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:22:14 AM

at the chicago fed they give these away for free

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:40:11 AM

Oh hi, we're talking again? I guess I can't be failing that much.

Maybe, but...

Quote from: surebet
You claim that your shit has super fancy notes in there. How can you compare with ebay?

"added a premium"-I think you answered your own question!

Also, how do you know that there is super fancy shit in there, and also, why would it matter? As for your claims of confiscated dye pack stained notes, if you're talking about the pink on the strip in the second photo, that's a cashier's stamp. Aren't you supposed to be vaguely competent when it comes to numismatics?

1. I have eyes

You want more? I thought you were good at Google searches.
3. Vaguely competent? Vaguely competent doesn't even characterize your rebuttals. I'm quite competent-I do work at a coin/precious metals store. And we have some paper notes. Dye pack notes are not incredibly uncommon. They even exist in circulation-they're rare, but they exist. And if the Federal Reserve deems a bill necessary to destroy, don't you think it could be because it was exposed to ink from a dye pack?

So, you're charging a 18x premium for accepting bitcoins?

super fancy notes in there

Yeah, just because I'm accepting bitcoins.

Anyone with a computer can find and buy those notes online, so its not relevant at all (was that a real question?)

Well no shit, Sherlock. Still doesn't change the fact that your latest hilarious scheme deserved my attention.

Hilarious scheme? You're right, I'm dying over here. People paying bitcents for 1/2oz of shredded money when you can buy POUNDS of it for only $45? LOL.

I'm not accusing you of wanting to scam people, simply highlighting your idiocy. The unlicensed prescription drugs, the retarded 99.9% pure silver smelting, this shit, all the rest, you're hilarious, and I'd wager that the other people in this thread are laughing as well.

Unlicensed prescription drugs? I have not sold ANYONE ANY "unlicensed prescription drug". Thats all you got - a thread over a year old? Lol that guy was an idiot. No, my silver [SUPPOSEDLY] wasn't 99.9% pure (yeah, I said it was-also fully disclosed it was the first silver I ever melted down...and the guy could never even produce so much as an assay receipt!) but even if it was, who do you think would buy it without doing an assay? I'm not a mint. No one with half a brain. So if it was 50% pure or 99.9% pure it would have to be melted down anyway, making it a matter of silver content, not purity (90% pre-65 coinage is more expensive than any generic bar or round at most coin shops. It didn't used to be, but I bet you 9/10 times it is, so an argument that purity correlates with value is incorrect).  You really bought that buyer's remorse argument? That guy ended up with WAY more silver than he paid for and that issue was made more than right.

Now, since I am tired of hitting "unignore" and then "ignore" again, I am going to kindly ask: Moderators: Please block "surebet" from this post as well as any others of mine.
surebet

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:46:24 AM

Oh god, my eyes, learn to nest your posts properly. Also, sorry, the best you can do is put me on your ignore list.

I'll keep popping back in as I see fit, unfortunately...
fligen

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 05:49:03 AM

You scammed AfricanAmerican. Get the fuck out.

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:19:57 AM

You scammed AfricanAmerican. Get the fuck out.
Who the FUCK are you? Either you're a serious troll or a scammer back on a new account cause that happened more than a year ago. Anyways, I have wasted too much time explaining that. The guy was unwilling to send me a scan of the receipt of the assay he supposedly had done. Not to mention, I sent him more silver than the original sale stipulated. The fact that it was "backyard silver" makes the argument of "purity over quantity" completely invalid. If you want to find out more, go digging, it shouldn't be hard to find.

And you get the fuck out.
surebet

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:42:38 AM

Aren't you adorable when you get all riled up...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: