Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double spend BTC transaction, negativ credit  (Read 145 times)
Memorial-Coin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:08:48 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 07:02:18 AM by Memorial-Coin

Hello all together,

I have a big problem with a double spend transaction. At the moment I am waiting for auch deposit. This is not possibility because of a double spend.

Here the address of the Withdrawal:

https://blockchain.info/address/...

The Withdrawal Wallet ist in blockchain.info in negativ credit.

Can the Withdrawal Wallet be refilled with other Bitcoins from another Wallet, to come to positiv credit and then rebrocaste the hanging transaction?

Thanks Forward and friendly wishes

Mem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:30:49 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 12:41:01 PM by LoyceV
Merited by SaltySpitoon (1)

Friendly advice: For someone who owns this much money in Bitcoin, you know very little about how it works. May I suggest you learn more about Bitcoin before you make a very expensive mistake?

Bitcoin addresses can't have a negative balance. It's impossible.
Blockchain.info has bugs, the website shows a negative balance after a double spend. There's no need to "refill" that wallet, and even if you would do it, that wouldn't change anything for existing transactions.

This is what I understand:
1. On December 15, you tried to send 11.23 BTC to 1MeLoYPNZbc4XfMi2PuhxWnATDnYD9VuMH, with a low fee.
The transaction above will never confirm, because the inputs are used in the transaction below. It will at some point drop from mempool, and be completely forgotten.
2. On December 21, you sent 1.24 BTC to the same address, and 10 BTC to a change address.
This transaction got confirmed and the funds were used again in other transactions.

The unconfirmed double spend transaction that will never confirm was used as an input for other transactions. These too will never confirm, the original input has been used somewhere else already.

Your wallet should drop those transactions, and stop broadcasting them. Which wallet do you use?
Basically, your wallet is a bit of a mess now, by building upon unconfirmed double spend transactions. It depends on your wallet how you can best deal with this.

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:43:02 PM

The old transaction should be already dropped from the mempool as it is no longer valid.
You can safely receive bitcoins on that address, new coins will not be spent automatically as the old transaction is referencing spent transaction output.

Addresses don't hold any bitcoins. This is just for human readability. All the bitcoins only exist as unspent transaction outputs (UTXO), the address part is just information you need to know how to make a UTXO that a person who created that address can spend.
Memorial-Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:49:17 PM

Thank you for your answers and Support. The BTCs are a payout from a Pool. The problem is, that they say, that my friend has to wait for confirm. My Friends transaction is a follow up with 0.08BTC in the following stairs. So that means, that they have to sent the BTC again and maybe in a few month the old payments will Fall Out of the Mempool.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

My Friends transaction is a follow up with 0.08BTC in the following stairs.
Can you share the txid or address?

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:01:54 PM

Thank you for your answers and Support. The BTCs are a payout from a Pool. The problem is, that they say, that my friend has to wait for confirm. My Friends transaction is a follow up with 0.08BTC in the following stairs. So that means, that they have to sent the BTC again and maybe in a few month the old payments will Fall Out of the Mempool.

Could you be more clear?
It seems to me like nobody needs to wait for anything. If someone owns you BTC, tell them to send it to you again, as this transaction is now invalid.
If their wallet is still waiting for this transaction to either confirm or disappear, then ask them what wallet are they using.
They should be able to drop that transaction and send you BTC like this transaction never happened.

If they are using Bitcoin Core, they just need to run it with argument -zapwallettxes, which will forget all transactions and the client will be able to resync the confirmed transaction with -rescan argument.
Memorial-Coin (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:03:29 AM

Good morning,

Thank you, for your help and advice. I will contact them to send again.

Regards

Mem
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: