Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining is profitable ?  (Read 167 times)
Maxnilu (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:39:03 AM

Is there any cryptocurrency where mining is profitable ?
AMiRU

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

Meritocracy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:03:54 PM

By right, all mineable cryptocurrency is profitable. This however depends on many factor such as how much does electricity cost in your area and what kind of machine are your using. For example if you are mining bitcoin using a used computer ($0 cost on hardware) and you somehow have access to free electricity then you can get profit though it may be as little as $0.01 a day.

Pure SSD Shared Hosting with Litespeed + LSCache, optimized for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal 8, Xenforo & Prestashop (https://awangan.com)
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:10:52 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

absolutely! Please refer to www.whattomine.com to simulate how profitable your mining would be with each different coin.
Rebus147

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

Some companies are offering cloud mining. Has anyone ever done it?
cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

No one can answer your question, bro. Profit of miners depends on so many factors, such as electricity cost (different at different locations), difficulty at specific point of time, total hashrates at the moment, block rewards of specific coin, block time, etc.

One coin maybe profitable at one time, and non-profitable at different time. So I am sure that no one can answer the question.
elevenyellow

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:06:30 PM

It is, but to be really profitable, the question generally is: do you have access to cheap (or free) electricity?
If you don't it can still be profitable, but it's a different (and riskier) game.
ClownPrince

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:21:30 PM

As others have pointed out electricity costs are a big factor in daily profit but one also needs to figure in hardware costs, maintenance costs, transaction costs, price per coin, tax costs... and I'm probably still leaving things off the list. It's best to do your own research based off your own situation, tho I will say that from what I've looked into the best option I've came across is finding a newer solid sounding coin that your hardware can handle easily to mine then hold for a price adjustment depending on your local laws.
weecons

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:39:47 PM

Some companies are offering cloud mining. Has anyone ever done it?

There are a ridiculous amount of companies offering this, however 90% are scams and money grabs. You need to do alot of research and look at who you are giving your money to before sending it out. Right now there are just a handful of reputable mining sites.

No refferal links here, just educate yourself, genesis mining, hashflare, ccg, hashzone24

Good luck
Wee
KonradKarl

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:45:05 PM

It depends on which coins you are planning to mine. Basically mining of almost all coins is profitable but the question is - what amount of profit you need:)
To earn some signicant money on mining of popular cryptos you need to have huge resources or be a part of big mining pool.
deckardcain

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

It is, but to be really profitable, the question generally is: do you have access to cheap (or free) electricity?
If you don't it can still be profitable, but it's a different (and riskier) game.

this. electricity is too expensive in the US to be v profitable
YeOldeMiner

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:36:21 PM

As has been mentioned it will depend on your coin of choice. Some services can help you to identify profitability for 24 hour/longer periods of mining. Mining some of the top currencies will require a lot more input up front, this can be quite daunting. My opening rig came in at around $4000 and I've got a long journey until I achieve profit, but it will come.

Of course you have to keep in mind the necessity to release equity that you have vs the investment in the coins and deciding when to sell.
crypto42

Activity: 119
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:38:16 PM

First depends on what you are mining, and what you are mining.
If you have a mining rig then you should do your own research to find the most profitable coins to mine Smiley as an example BtcZ, BCN, ITNS etc.

If you are mining on your lap top or PC with your CPU or GPU (but only with that) then you can still make profit if you find newly added coins to the market which difficulty is low and can be mined easy, also to consider seeing their algorithm and which algorithms are fastest to mine.

As an example, I am mining with my lap top all the time. I have i7 CPU and I mine with 5 sometimes to 6 cores on the lap top. I mostly mine CryptoNight algorithm coins because they are fastest to mine with CPU and also GPU.
For a starter I can recommend mining Bytecoin or IntenseCoin or BitcoinZ. I am mining up to 10 coins per day (ITNS or BCN) which is still not a small profit to make. They have good prices and over a week you can make couple of dollars.

Anyway... if you are solo miner from lap top or PC with CPU or single GPU I recommend to mine newly added coins to the market with low difficulty, or you can try mining Bytecoin or IntenseCoin which are still easy to mine.
Hope this helps
Cheers*
@cryptodude42
N0One

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:50:00 PM

I have been mining bitcore (btx) with a single graphics card (1080) and make a profit of about $3/day after power consumption.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1617862)
Maxnilu (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:01:41 PM

First depends on what you are mining, and what you are mining.
If you have a mining rig then you should do your own research to find the most profitable coins to mine Smiley as an example BtcZ, BCN, ITNS etc.

If you are mining on your lap top or PC with your CPU or GPU (but only with that) then you can still make profit if you find newly added coins to the market which difficulty is low and can be mined easy, also to consider seeing their algorithm and which algorithms are fastest to mine.

As an example, I am mining with my lap top all the time. I have i7 CPU and I mine with 5 sometimes to 6 cores on the lap top. I mostly mine CryptoNight algorithm coins because they are fastest to mine with CPU and also GPU.
For a starter I can recommend mining Bytecoin or IntenseCoin or BitcoinZ. I am mining up to 10 coins per day (ITNS or BCN) which is still not a small profit to make. They have good prices and over a week you can make couple of dollars.

Anyway... if you are solo miner from lap top or PC with CPU or single GPU I recommend to mine newly added coins to the market with low difficulty, or you can try mining Bytecoin or IntenseCoin which are still easy to mine.
Hope this helps
Cheers*
@cryptodude42

Thank you for taking the time to share all of great information with me... Kiss
deckardcain

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:14:57 PM

Can we also please remember simple finance concepts such as time value of money? A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. So people investing $x now and saying oh but in y amount of time I will eventually turn profit are forgetting that there is cost of capital in connection with that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: