Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:09:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin become the cause of the next financial crisis?  (Read 279 times)
Isaak Brenner (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

Could Bitcoin become the cause of the next financial crisis?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harri Wolter
Copper Member

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

WHEN — NOT COULD!

The question should be WHEN?

The demand for cash on all global markets is constantly growing.
Our current economy is based on creditism. [1] We need to keep printing dollars... if we stop printing dollars the economy falls into recession.
If we continue to print dollars, history proves that the currency will eventually devaluate.
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:46:41 PM
Merited by Dart18 (1)

It is a very interesting question that you pose. They say, that the true insight comes from the ability to pose questions, not from giving answers Smiley

So it really made me think. You may compare bitcoin to gold, and that comparison is sound in a lot of ways (limited supply, store of value, etc.) and unsound in others (bitcoin is much more abstract, you cannot weigh it in you hand, you can't make a nice ring out of it), but for the sake of this discussion let us make that comparison and go forward.

Well, gold has never been the reason for crisis. Rather, gold was the escape from crisis and a way for one's wealth to be preserved. If you were smart enough to have gold, then you were kind of immune to the price hyperinflation and misery all around you, and after the crisis is done you emerged even stronger than before. But as far as my knowledge goes, gold was never the cause behind the crisis.

Bitcoin is something like that too. I don't think that it with its price fluctuations can cause problems. Rather, the price fluctuation and its rapid growth is an effect of general instability in fiat pseudo-currences and debt fueled economies. I think that it offers a way to escape and preserve your capital. This is maybe why its value should not be denominated in fiat currencies, rather it should be considered as inherently valuable.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

bitcoin couldn't become cause of financial crisis.. many factors could be the cause of the economic crisis but it is not related to bitcoin, for many countries the financial crisis usually can be caused by dependence on foreign debt and uncontrolled inflation.
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:28:33 PM

In my opinion, Bitcoin may become a threat to many weak economies, which is unavoidable when there are many places where there is an early economic boom in which they face a crisis of fluctuations. Bitcoin is currently on the banned list in many countries

Am I spamming? Report me!
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:04:52 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin can't be the cause of the crisis. It was created precisely to become independent from traditional finances. Bitcoin has no impact on the economies of countries, but only on improving the finances of individual people.

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:09:08 PM

i dont think this is possible, but i don't know. maybe someone will enlighten us and write more to this question. i found this is a good question and i want an answer too.
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

Yes, but only when BTC is 1M$.
cryptokingmaker

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:06:04 PM

Bitcoin is saving financial crisis and bitcoin is real price and real value for money so it is saving the world
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:18:30 PM

Will i think bitcoin will not gonna causing the financial crisis instead he help people to be rich.its so ridiculous that bitcoin is the cause of financial. I think they just spreading a wrong news so you will be panic selling. Many people are now rich because of bitcoin.
SanjeewaCrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:07:40 PM

There is possibility that it may become the next "Wall Street".
elvinjamon

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:18:19 PM

Bitcoin can't possibly become the cause of financial crisis from one country to another because bitcoin is decentralized and we know that other country doesn't include bitcoin as a contributor for their economy.  Also,  it is produced to mined to make a lot of information regarding crypto that eventually will make every bitcoin user gain a specific amount of money or invest with bitcoin
felicanoma

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:28:18 PM

Can not, because bitcoin is not related to it and the different paths that make it unrelated to the financial crisis.
bitcoin is different in the world so even if your country is in crisis, bitcoin does not affect what is happening in your country.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
████ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ████
▬▬▬▬▬   ●   Whitepaper   ●   Facebook   ●   Twitter   ●   Telegram   ●   ▬▬▬▬▬
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:56:29 PM
Merited by ghost424 (2)

I say yes, Bitcoin can cause the next financial crisis. Why?

Not only that the amount of money you invest is unregulated, but also the exchanges.

Previous financial crisis like the 2008 recession by the new mortgage system is an example.In the old system, when a homeowner paid his/her mortgage every month, the money went to his/her local lender. Since mortgages took decades to repay, lenders were careful.  The new system is more complicated and it has 4 players. Homeowner, lender, investment bank, investor. In this system, lenders can grant any kind of mortgage, because they are not getting paid anymore by the home buyers, so they don't care.
Investment banks don't care either. They get commissions on each product they can sell to investors. The more mortgages, the more products. The more products, the more money to bankers. What happened? So many loans were given to people who could not repay them and with so many billions invested in this financial instrument that was based on house mortgages, the effect was catastrophic.

(c)https://www.quora.com/Could-Bitcoin-become-the-cause-of-the-next-financial-crisis

Bitcoin is so much worst. As i have said. Not only the the market is not regulated, but also the exchanges. But if you ask if bitcoin will pose a financial crisis now? NO. Everyone knows that bitcoin is volatile and it is unlikely to receive a monstrous amount of money like in the housing market. Bitcoin have received so much speculation, but as you see, as of now, bitcoin or any other altcoin is not that bad of an investment. It may be a bubble or a stepping stone. It may cause a crisis, but as of now, it will never be much worse than the 2008 recession.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

we may be close to such a financial global economic crysis. But bitcoin is not the cause of this, on the contrary bitcoin is the result of the current unbalanced financial system with so many problems in it. I do think bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are threat for banking system and will affect in the end, this process may cause a crysis eventually. We will wait and see what happens

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:00:25 PM

I don't think it will cause financial crisis because the price of bitcoin keeps increasing in long term even the price is too volatile at short terms.But people keep saying the burst will occur soon but this is the crash which are caused by many rumors now the price keeps increasing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

I don't think it will cause financial crisis because the price of bitcoin keeps increasing in long term even the price is too volatile at short terms.But people keep saying the burst will occur soon but this is the crash which are caused by many rumors now the price keeps increasing.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT IT CAN CAUSE FINANCIAL CRISIS IF MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL USE BITCOIN INSTEAD OF CASH. That way, there will be more demand of Bitcoin instead of cash. If it were not that way, I do not think the existence of Bitcoin per se may cause financial crisis. Bitcoin, as of writing, still needs so much development before it can even be at par with cash. We have to consider the transactions, fees, price volatility and many others. As you can see now, more and more people, not to mention big companies, are banning Bitcoin advertisements. This, alone, is one proof that Bitcoin is not ready to take on more users and vice versa. I still think the only way to help improve Bitcoin is to create a system that works for all. Having said that, while there is a possibility for Bitcoin to cause financial crisis, I do not think it is anytime sooner.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:23:47 PM

Hey guys Banks and other financial institutions are centralized one but the bitcoin and other crypto currencies are decentralized platform I do not know OP have the brain or not to discuss this topic. Satoshi creates this medium to avoid the financial crisis and people use the cryptos independently without the intervention of others.
So understand financial crisis and bitcoin price changes does not have any relevant problems.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:29:09 PM

WHEN — NOT COULD!

The question should be WHEN?

The demand for cash on all global markets is constantly growing.
Our current economy is based on creditism. [1] We need to keep printing dollars... if we stop printing dollars the economy falls into recession.
If we continue to print dollars, history proves that the currency will eventually devaluate.

This is more the issues of fiat, rather than Bitcoin. If Bitcoin were to cause a financial crisis, it would be limited to a very small community of actors. The total level of adoption should indicate that while we have came a good ways, we are still at single digits adoption rates. So if Bitcoin went to say, 1000 bucks tonight, while it would indeed be a bloodbath, it is limited to a roughly 130 billion dollar one. That's really not alot of money, in the grand scheme of things.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:47:45 PM

Bitcoin could not become the cause for such crisis.It depends on many other factors.Bitcoin is known to only a smaller percentage of people and its even used actively as a currency very less.So,its illogical to even think like that.

Bit if such a crisis happens due to some external factors,then we would have to see people's reactions whether they just turn as usual towards gold or this time towards bitcoin.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: