Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: CoinJar.io / Zhou Tong - Deletes My Coinjar Account & Balance  (Read 4026 times)
ScammerZhouTong (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:21:34 AM

Zhou Tong is a scammer. Scamming millions worth of BTC with Bitcoinica wasn't enough - he is back with his latest "venture", CoinJar.

My account has been deleted and I have lost the Bitcoins I have been placed on there. I am 100% sure I entered the email and password correctly (I use a password manager), and resetting passwords do not work.

DO NOT TRUST COINJAR. THEY SELECTIVELY DELETE ACCOUNTS AND IGNORE YOU.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hyphenx

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 08:16:18 AM

Provide evidence before you go making accusations.
I trust CoinJar with thousands of dollars in transactions and have never had any problem with them.
All transactions were conducted smoothly and efficiently without interruption. Their site is well designed and the security in CoinJar is evident with each update they make. Furthermore they're adhering to AML standards in Australia and use sms verification to assist in this process. If you are having problems, its more than likely you are attempting to scam them.
Now referring to your direct accusations of Zhou Tong, he is only one third of the business. If you took a moment to read through their site, you would see this, and see that they are backed by a team of well trusted professionals.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 05:57:28 PM

I would appreciate if you could send a support ticket to support@coinjar.io before accusing publicly without evidence.

Today we temporarily locked an account because it was flooding the network with 0.00000010 BTC transactions (over 3000 of them all to the same address). As we cover the miner fees for CoinJar users, that resulted in a huge loss.

Is that yours? We want to know your use case. Really sorry for any inconvenience but we are happy to give you all your Bitcoin back. We don't even ask for the miner fees back. Send an email to support@coinjar.io and an account manager will reactive your account at first opportunity. Our support portal is also available 24/7 at support.coinjar.io.

Thank you for your understanding.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:42:23 PM

@zhoutong

Well handled Smiley
BetWithCoins

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 11:13:07 AM

I've had nothing but good experiences with the coin jar team, and have recommended them to many.
redmetal

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:03:35 PM

CoinJar in my mind is 100% reliable, nothing but great service.

I had a few issues when they first launched but these where sorted out quite quickly

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:14:59 AM

I've use coinjar.io, they have my stamp of approval.

Now if someone was using the coinjar.io incoming address for mining purpose, they are doing it wrong.

use your own wallet for this, not an exchanges address.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 06:56:15 PM

Well, with the signature line of the OP here...you get the impression he himself is clearly a piece of shit.  This is either one of the parties involved in the satoshicircle ddos or just a poser pretending he did, either way, that equals piece of shit in my eyes.

That means nothing he has to say is worth listening to...yay I get to use the ignore button.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
esop

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:50:18 AM

revenge for bitcoinica
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 11:29:52 PM

revenge for bitcoinica

Zhou Tong scammed far more than he lost on that site.  The only reason he doesn't have a scammer tag is because he donated a lot of money to the forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Seanzqt

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:23:11 PM

So is this place a SCAM or not?  Huh
prospector1

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:07:24 PM

Zhou has come through with the AUD and the BTC on multiple occasions.

Couple small bumps along the way but nothing major and nothing he hasn't handled quickly and professionally.

fligen

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

legit for now. will scam your money later.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:05:23 AM

legit for now. will scam your money later.

^this.

Phase 1: Build a good service
Phase 2: Build trust
Phase 3: Zhou Tonged.
only

Activity: 706

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:19:52 PM

Paid for a domain name on Nameterrific, domain unavailable, no reply from support for at least a week.

Zhou Tong get back to me asap!

mb2014

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:21:41 AM

CoinJar in my mind is 100% reliable, nothing but great service.

I had a few issues when they first launched but these where sorted out quite quickly

its reliable until its not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: