Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:36:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads due to frequent fraud  (Read 171 times)
btc100k (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:28:45 PM

Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads due to frequent fraud. The company added a new advertising policy Tuesday, prohibiting ads promoting "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency."

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                             
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

I'm all for it. Even as a crypto fan, the crypto ads annoy me all the time. They are poorly written, make no effort to describe the product, and contribute to make the image of cryptocurrencies worse. Until this improves, I agree with the ban.

bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:21:21 PM

I am not clicking your link mate. This topic was widely discussed in the past and there was a general concensus that not all crypto ads were banned, but only ICO-related, and moreover it is a good thing since the ICOs were mostly scam anyway. So your petition is misguided, I think.

dreamteam17

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:32:26 PM

on the one hand it's good, but on the other it's bad, honest people will now find it harder to work (
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

That's a Preety old news...and also... You know.. Twitter has also done the same...

And due to this.. you won't see anymore signature Campaigns running based on Twitter and Facebook and that's something Preety sad because..now.. slowly other.. social medias are doing the same.

It's partially a reason of decreasing price is what I feel.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
jeldzrey16

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:43:55 PM

We cannot blame them, frequent fraud bring consequences i feel pity for those legit crypto, more often for ICO.

▀▀ ▀ (https://www.itsmyne.club/) ▀ (https://www.itsmyne.club/) ▀▀ ITSMYNE▀ (https://www.itsmyne.club/) ▀
acha 1 3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 12:48:34 PM

I think this is an good solutions for us and for facebook. because that ads so disturb me and so many crime activity under ICO project, Which they use ads to make people believe with their project and investors hooked to invest but after invest, that ICO are SCAM! And no further clarity of that ICO.
Based on this problem Facebook banned crypto ads to keep their company's name still good, no fraud under their ads!
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:49:09 PM

Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads due to frequent fraud. The company added a new advertising policy Tuesday, prohibiting ads promoting "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency."

I think that facebook just wants to protect their clients from scam and fraud by banning annoying advertisements from users who mislead people from the true benefits of bitcoin. You cannot blame these large companies. Instead of informing people of the advantages of using bitcoin, some people take advantage of it.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:50:54 PM

Its sad to see almost all social media platforms are banning ads on cryptocurrencies. Its really stifles the promotion of ICO's with good projects and worthy of investing. However, I do understand the ban to some extent because of proliferation of scandalous activities all in the name of ICO'S
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:51:37 PM

and this step will bring a long-term good effect on Bitcoin and crypto by eliminating scams, Ponzi, and cons.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:53:26 PM

I have heard that twitter will also ban crypto ads these days, there are too many fraud on internet now, i think its necessary to ban for sometime before most people know what is cryptos, also, people may have a bad impression on cryptos if too many bad things happen
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:53:33 PM

The decision of banning cryptocurrency ads is not only taken by Facebook but Google as well. It surely is a great decision as most of the people assume that ads popping on Google or Facebook are like the proof of the project or coin being legit. To stop people from getting astray it is a great step taken by the companies and there should also be awareness amongst people that earlier it was a piece of cake to apply for posting your ad on google or facebook but now it's a different story!
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:43:21 PM

not only Facebook began to prohibit advertising of the crypto market, but also in other social pages! This is due to the fact that many rich bankers understand what kind of capitalization and how much money left from their pockets! for this is the war of the crypto market and large pockets!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:08:54 PM

A lack of understanding in investing will make a person deceived, which is why crypto and ICOs ads are forbidden, I think do not there should be a ban on crypto ads, because after all investors should be given more insight to invest in an ICOs project so they can avoid fraud.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

on the one hand it's good, but on the other it's bad, honest people will now find it harder to work (
Very true bro! its true some people use the social media platforms especially facebook to propagate bogus projects and scandalous activities but also stifling the trends of ICO's with very good offerings. Facebook is one social plateform that aids in communication to large audience which is an integral part of promotion
racebum

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 09:42:45 PM

it's a lazy solution to a real problem. twitter is basically a useless cesspool for crypto. there are more scams than actual discussions. the crazy part is this ad ban doesn't address the vast number of phishers out there.

if someone said send me a $100 bill and i'll send you 5 $100 bills back no one would buy it. apparently in crypto people are that gullible or the scammers wouldn't be doing it
seizetehday5

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:48:10 PM

A lack of understanding in investing will make a person deceived, which is why crypto and ICOs ads are forbidden, I think do not there should be a ban on crypto ads, because after all investors should be given more insight to invest in an ICOs project so they can avoid fraud.
They are just protecting they own behind in this case, they certainly aren't doing it for the well being of the users of Facebook. I think it does help the average person avoid fraud though, and the more savvy investors can still learn about all the ICOs they want.

baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:52:20 PM

Facebook forbids ads for Crypto because many of the fraudulent ICO projects advertise everywhere on Facebook, which exploits social networks to trick users, making users think Facebook is no longer trusted. So Facebook has made anti-phishing decisions for users to use. The news on facebook is clean. Help them to be more confident in facebook.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:34:38 PM

even social media ban bitcoin related still there's a lot of ways to spread it like in telegram because we can post it there in easy way so i say even they ban it of course users,traders, and investor will find way for their  business here in crypto another thing there's a lot of faucets and here in forum that we can share our business to other user so that's will happen even fb ban crypto

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:36:10 PM

Maybe they should just vet their adds more carefully, rather than laying down a blanket ban. Any ICO not able to provide the KYC details, addresses and other pertinent information of the main team will be rejected. Same goes for Google, blanket bans for nearly anything is wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: