Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (almost) free energy presentation for real ?  (Read 4305 times)
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:11:07 PM

It's a shame cold fusion is a complete load of bollocks huh?

edit:

it should be noted that the patent on this tripe was rejected because it "broke the laws of phsyics", sweet.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

Here's a good thread (in which you might recognize one of the posters)
I didn't even realize this was the same guy.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 09:47:58 AM

Despite having literally zero substantive expertise to back this up I'm going to assume this is bullshit. I'd love to be wrong, though, as this would drive the "peak oil" people insane.
server (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 10:24:19 AM

it should be noted that the patent on this tripe was rejected because it "broke the laws of phsyics", sweet.

What patent do you refer to ? The patent of Rossi was not rejected.

onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 05:21:13 PM

That patent was issued in 2011, 3 years after he first tried to patent the device. Additionally, that patent is only valid in Italy. No US or EU patent exists for the product given that both US and EU patent offices have thrown it out as being complete bollocks.
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 08:23:23 PM

That patent was issued in 2011, 3 years after he first tried to patent the device. Additionally, that patent is only valid in Italy. No US or EU patent exists for the product given that both US and EU patent offices have thrown it out as being complete bollocks.

I don't know what patent you are talking about, but in the "European Patent Register" you can see the patent issued 4-8-2008 that is valid in Europe.

What is the source of your information ?

lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 02:44:02 AM

Despite having literally zero substantive expertise to back this up I'm going to assume this is bullshit. I'd love to be wrong, though, as this would drive the "peak oil" people insane.

You mean the people that recognize little concepts like thermodynamics, ecology, EROI, etc?
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 02:45:59 AM

peak oil always sounded fun to me, but in reality its both bad and good. collapse the movie, find it on netflix tells the whole story pretty good.

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 04:35:34 AM

You mean the people that recognize little concepts like thermodynamics, ecology, EROI, etc?

The problem with most peak-oil people is not their geological knowledge. The problem with a lot of them is their economic ignorance and their political activism getting on the way of making objective predictions. I have seen the most surreal economic explanations coming from the peak-oil people, and when you try to talk to them they just act like a sect.

Im not a geological expert, I dont deny (or support) peak-oil, it might be real I just dont know enough about it, but their economic ignorance mix with arrogance when explaining their economic views gives me everything but confidence in their predictions.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 07:35:19 PM

Would something very bad happen if an earthquake hits this E-Cat cold fusion reactor? Undecided
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 07:43:29 PM

The little one... Probably the worst we would have to worry about is the steam getting out. IANANE, though.

The Big one? Probably as much to worry about as Fukushima, maybe a little less. Still not a nuclear engineer, of course.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 09:17:35 PM

Would something very bad happen if an earthquake hits this E-Cat cold fusion reactor? Undecided

Quote from: Rossi
The good news is that nickel-hydrogen cold fusion is completely safe. E-Cat utilizes this type of reaction. Unlike conventional fission based nuclear reactors that utilize uranium or plutonium, no radioactive material is put inside of the reactor vessel. Only completely stable and non-radioactive nickel powder is added along with hydrogen gas. Additionally, when an E-Cat needs to be re-fueled, there is no radioactive waste to deal with. During the operation of an E-Cat, only small amounts of radiation are produced. This low energy gamma radiation can be completely and totally shielded with a couple centimeters of lead.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 09:28:10 PM

Quote from: Rossi
The good news is that nickel-hydrogen cold fusion is completely safe. E-Cat utilizes this type of reaction. Unlike conventional fission based nuclear reactors that utilize uranium or plutonium, no radioactive material is put inside of the reactor vessel. Only completely stable and non-radioactive nickel powder is added along with hydrogen gas. Additionally, when an E-Cat needs to be re-fueled, there is no radioactive waste to deal with. During the operation of an E-Cat, only small amounts of radiation are produced. This low energy gamma radiation can be completely and totally shielded with a couple centimeters of lead.

OK... Anyone want to explain how stable + stable = radiation (miniscule) + stable?

I mean, what's the waste product of this thing? Copper?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
server (OP)
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:06:33 PM

OK... Anyone want to explain how stable + stable = radiation (miniscule) + stable?

Copper and H2O..steam...

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 10:19:08 PM

Copper and H2O..steam...

Alchemy...

Neat. Pity the nickel price is so much higher than copper.

BBanzai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:36:20 PM

Joel, quoting a consensus based source (Wikipedia) only proves that you are willing to believe what most everyone else says is true.  If you are incapable of testing something yourself, say so first.  I play with bitcoins because I have heard several conflicting "consensus" reports about the nature of financial markets.   I play with high voltage plasma because I have been told several conflicting "consensus" stories about the nature of cosmology.  Report first on what you have measured directly yourself.  Ignore (to some extent) popular opinion, no matter how erudite it may seem to be.  The privileged few have been utterly wrong before.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 08:16:06 AM

Joel, quoting a consensus based source (Wikipedia) only proves that you are willing to believe what most everyone else says is true.  If you are incapable of testing something yourself, say so first.
I cited the Wikipedia page for reference but my own information didn't come from the Wikipedia page. I've been following cold fusion for decades. On a quick scan, the Wikipedia page appeared accurate, so I cited it mostly just to explain that cold fusion is very real and doesn't violate the laws of physics.

If you think there's something incorrect on that page, feel free to say so. But just to point out that it's a consensus view (and therefore I shouldn't believe it?!) is asking for the same herd mentality you're (I think) warning me about.

I play with bitcoins because I have heard several conflicting "consensus" reports about the nature of financial markets.   I play with high voltage plasma because I have been told several conflicting "consensus" stories about the nature of cosmology.  Report first on what you have measured directly yourself.  Ignore (to some extent) popular opinion, no matter how erudite it may seem to be.  The privileged few have been utterly wrong before.
I am fully capable of rejecting unfounded views and accepting founded views. If you have some reason I should reject the consensus view on cold fusion, I'd be happy to consider it and do so.

The consensus view is sometimes wrong, occasionally spectacularly so. But it's totally irrational to suspect a view is incorrect because it's the consensus view.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 12:36:36 PM

Heard about this already in April:

http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/2011/04/08/focardi-and-rossi/

Seems to be confirmed by independent Swedish researchers.
The tech might be real, the image looks bogus. Lets see how this turns out.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 12:56:30 PM

What do you think of the E-Cat cold fusion reactor that looks like a small fridge ?

Scam. I am willing to donate 1000 BTC to you if it is not.  Smiley

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 04:39:46 PM

i note that the OP contains an apparent error:

Rossi claims to have build an energy reactor that gives 10 Kwh and only needs 100 grams of nickel and 150 grams of light hydrogen for 6 months operation.

End user price will be ~$2500 and with a steam to power converter $3500.

as was discussed by some greek high mucka-muck in one of the videos, they are planning on leasing/"renting" the device only - not selling it.

...forcing consumers to participate in yet another centralized energy distribution scheme (i.e., gov't-granted power company monopolies, gasoline distribution, etc.), with the goal of making the rich, richer - and the rest of us even poorer.  business as usual.

"a rising tide lifts all boats."  right.   Roll Eyes

personally, i believe that complete decentralization of energy production and distribution - down to the end-user level - is actually a more important requirement to the continuation of our civilization than decentralization of money.  some Bitcoiners may disagree; but i'm pretty sure of that.

well hell - bless the chinese and their endless knock-offs, eh?

of course, that's assuming this whole thing isn't something which will be dissected for decades as the sine qua non of large-scale scamming.

looks like a crappy bet either way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: