Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Set up first rig having trouble getting it started  (Read 193 times)
craftcoin23 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:38:50 PM

Hi guys, set up my first rig yesterday with 6 RX580's and an ASUS motherboard but I can not get it start. When I turn in on the gpus fan are going, same with the cpu, motherboard is all lit up but when I plug my monitor into the motherboard nothing, I have a bootable windows usb in which I know works and I can't even get into the bios. Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kainplan

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:44:15 PM

Hey,

- correct RAM? Lost hours with my last rig because I bought registered DDR3 which is not supported by most boards.

- have you tried the monitor out of your GPU? The one in the full sized PCIe Slot.

- tried booting without/with one GPU only?

BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:44:28 PM

What CPU and RAM?
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:47:58 PM

Try plugging your monitor into one of the GPUs- try the first one and if that doesn't work try the other GPUs.  Also, not sure if you are using VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable but would recommend using HDMI first, if possible, since it plugs in and unplugs quicker and it's possible HDMI could be the default display output for the GPUs.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:57:27 PM

For a start, try to run with one graphics card, there might be a problem with the motherboard..
It makes sounds when you turn?
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:23:37 PM

What CPU and RAM?

Intel Core i3 and G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:37:46 PM

What CPU and RAM?

Have you tried all the above?
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:57 PM

What CPU and RAM?

Have you tried all the above?

I have not the rig is in my office and I was not there today so I am going to try all of this first thing in the morning
crackedhead

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Hi guys, set up my first rig yesterday with 6 RX580's and an ASUS motherboard but I can not get it start. When I turn in on the gpus fan are going, same with the cpu, motherboard is all lit up but when I plug my monitor into the motherboard nothing, I have a bootable windows usb in which I know works and I can't even get into the bios. Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

My troubleshooting steps would probably be:

• Read the motherboard manual to identify any diagnostic features (error led's, etc.)
  • Pull out all risers & graphics cards, plug in one graphics card into the full size (16x) slot 
  • Connect monitor to this graphics card
  • Power on, you should atleast see the BIOS screen now. If no - then you missed connecting something or have a bad component somewhere.
  • Is your CPU fan spinning ? Is the CPU power connected?
  • Is the graphics card power connected? Does the card need one 6 / 8 pin or both 6 + 8 pin to be powered
Preach

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:00:04 PM

Make sure all power connections are connected and memory is in in the proper slot. As other members have stated, try one gpu first.

When/if it boots, start by updating the BIOS. You haven't stated which main board but go over the settings and make sure you have the proper ones selected.

If it keeps just spinning fans, there is probably a component issue.

Wil
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:01:07 PM

• Read the motherboard manual to identify any diagnostic features (error led's, etc.)
  • Pull out all risers & graphics cards, plug in one graphics card into the full size (16x) slot  
  • Power on, you should atleast see the BIOS screen now. If no - then you missed connecting something or have a bad component somewhere.
  • Is the graphics card power connected? Does the card need one 6 / 8 pin or both 6 + 8 pin to be powered

skip that shit its the ram

Alantre

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:02:16 PM

Sounds related to display output. Maybe ram but unplugging all gpus will help diagnose this. as guys above mentioned.  As they suggested by going down to one/no gpu. Just set the bios to IGPU only and you can use the on board gpu. For AMD i find there is also an option called render standby that has helped me before
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:15:50 PM

Is there one specific spot on the PSU that the CPU powercable needs to go into? Or any 8pin slot?
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:25:24 PM

Is there one specific spot on the PSU that the CPU powercable needs to go into? Or any 8pin slot?

It depends on what PSU that you have.
for example:

Here u clearly see which 2 slots for the eps12v

Second example:

You see that the Pcie cables and the eps12v  are the same
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:39:47 PM

It depends on what PSU that you have.
for example:

https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/0fb6d9b7eeb1a9ed42062175018d6e1c.1600.jpg

Here u clearly see which 2 slots for the eps12v

Second example:

https://inetimg3.se/img/688x386/6902342_1.jpg

You see that the Pcie cables and the eps12v  are the same

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product%20photos/psu/rm-series/rm1000/large/rm1000_dc_side.png

This is my psu, i just put it into one of those 8 pins
Set Ready Go

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

Then you are golden!
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

Then you are golden!

is there a specific spot for the ram? i just put it into a random one
Set Ready Go

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Then you are golden!

is there a specific spot for the ram? i just put it into a random one

A2 or B2 probably, if you got 2 sticks then   but check your manual for the ram.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:53:33 AM

What CPU and RAM?

Is your RAM compatible with the motherboard and cpu?
craftcoin23 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:20:09 PM

What CPU and RAM?

Is your RAM compatible with the motherboard and cpu?

How can I check?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: