Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody managed to withdraw GBP £ Sterling from Gox recently?  (Read 1094 times)
davidgdg (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:10:15 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 03:50:29 PM by davidgdg

Has anybody been able to withdraw £ sterling from Gox recently? Alternatively any failed attempts? Please post here with as much detail as you feel comfortable supplying.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

Since GBP are sent using SWIFT, they are likely in the same ballpark as USD. The bank only allows them 10 wires a day and they are prioritizing to people who pay a 5% withdraw fee.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:40:13 AM

Since GBP are sent using SWIFT, they are likely in the same ballpark as USD. The bank only allows them 10 wires a day and they are prioritizing to people who pay a 5% withdraw fee.

That makes sense, but all the posts I have seen are about USD (or Euro via SEPA). I haven't seen a single report of GBP transfers from Gox. Has anybody received a single penny in sterling from Gox since May?

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:18:29 PM

Bump ....

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 09:05:21 AM

So not one person has received GBP from gox in the past couple months? Wow.     

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:59:42 PM

Last 30 day volume in GBP on Gox is £1,315,989. So it's not as though there is no GBP business on Gox. And yet.....

btctraderr

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:40:55 AM

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:21:44 AM

At this rate BFL will get caught up with their preorders of ASIC devices before Gox clears their existing queue of wire transfers pending.

RED FLAG.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

davidgdg (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:38:39 PM

In the name of scientific research I will put 1 BTC into Gox, sell it and try to transfer the proceeds back to the UK. I will then report back on how long it takes.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:51:40 PM

This is indeed a red flag.
bkava

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

I have a wire from July 11 pending for 4 figures.   (2 months so far)

I'm going to try to get a EUR account at a UK bank and do a SEPA.
One week ago I asked support if I would get my money quicker by cancelling and going via SEPA. Here is what they sent me Sept 3rd.

Our apologies for getting delayed. Here are the answers for all your questions.

1. We are sorry to inform you that we are not able to provide a specific ETA on International withdrawals as of now. We are clearing all the backlogs and speeding up the process. Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

2. Since there is no ETA, we will get back to you once the withdrawal has been processed fully. We hope that the situation will soon becomes normal.

3. As of now average processing time of Euro transfers is two to three weeks and we are not able to provide a time frame on International Wire transfer type.

4. Yes, If you cancel and do the withdrawal via SEPA, it will be much more faster than International Wire.

We will updating the website soon to let the customers know about the current Mt.Gox situation, as we used to update every month. Our apologies for the inconveniences caused. Let us know if you have further questions regarding this.

Best regards,
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:25:53 AM

Same for the US - I suggest you trade out your Cash position for BTC and move the BTC to your Private Wallet - The most probable reason for such a delay is that they are holding cash and that is a high risk situation - Everyone I have talked to is unable to get fiat currency out of MTGOX. I have sneaking suspicion that they are going to announce a major service failure and anyone left with cash on their site will likely never see it again - (my opinion)
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:30:19 AM

Has anyone verified this is the case or is this just what MTGOX is saying - If it is a fact then is this a limitation of a particular bank or just the Bank that MTGOX uses - it strikes my BS meter fairly soundly

davidspitzer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:31:00 AM

In the name of scientific research I will put 1 BTC into Gox, sell it and try to transfer the proceeds back to the UK. I will then report back on how long it takes.

I did the Same in the US  - I am on day 20 and have not seen hide nor Hair of my money yet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: