Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:31:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NVIDIA GPU´S !!! WHAT TO MINE INSTEAD OF NICEHASH  (Read 176 times)
manubjj (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have bouht a 6 X 1060 6GB AOURUS Nvidia GPU´s mining rig and I am currently mining on nicehash. Someone told me that those Nvidia GPU´s werent ideal for mining ETH and that if I pass on to mine ETH I will be losing 30-40% of profits because of the non convenient arquitecture of the GPU for mining ETH, is that true? if so, what other coin can I be mining instead of NiceHash that can be more profitable. The rig started working on january 15 for a total of 16 days and total profits  of 0.02 BTC, what you think of that amount? can I make more mining something else with my GPU´s??

Thanks a lot for the help and any guidance.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:40:15 PM

Just try mining Ethereum with Claymore or any other miner and compare your earnings after some amount of time like a few days. Nicehash does have fees because you're essentially paying for the convenience of automatic profit switching, a GUI, conversion to BTC, etc., and you'll definitely save on fees and earn more if you switch to just an Ethereum pool.

There are other Ethash coins and Zcash that can be mined with your 1060, but at this moment it's more profitable to mine Ethereum than Zcash or any other alt. If you're trying to find what coin to mine you can try using Whattomine, but they sometimes overestimate earnings. Ideally you want the coin with the highest average earnings over several days.

ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:45:29 PM

See also

https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-calculator/
Alantre

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:23:55 PM

1060s depend on memory when it comes to Ethereum. If you have samsung memory then they are pretty good compared with Rx570 in terms of power efficiency. Other than that. they are good at equihash coins and noescrypt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: