Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we ever live in a cashless society where cryptocurrencies thrive?  (Read 393 times)
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:52:09 AM

Things as they are, we're already living in world where cashless purchases are already being done and that's all thanks to credit cards. However, I don't see us moving at a cashless environment where crypto currencies can be used as mode of payment. I mean sure, there are some establishments/businesses who use crypto currencies already, but I don't think the world's THAT ready, yet. It does seem like a good prospect in my opinion, though.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:18:26 AM

In my opinion cryptocurrencies seem too volatile to be used in the future within a cashless society. For example, only a month ago Bitcoin was well above £12,000 and it now sits at around £7,000.

This does not mean I would not like to see it, I would love to be able to spend Bitcoin on Amazon, there have been rumours surrounding this. What are everyone's thoughts?

It does seem volatile and that is why a lot of major countires and governments have been shutting it down in their borders and economy because they fear it may cause an implosion if this is not handles correctly. However, if we can just make then understand the concept of cryptocurrency and its cashless advantages then we can make it stable one person at a time with every new investment
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:08:23 AM

As new currency bitcoin still has very low liquidity which means that if there are a people who has big capital then they able to influance bitcoin price. Only 1000 btc that converted to fiat in a day is enough to  make a huge crash on bitcoin. Bitcoin must spread evenly so bitcoin can be more stable, and bitcoin will never stable if most of bitcoin users are trader. Thrust me Smiley .
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:14:59 AM

Crptos has nothing to do with real life currency .Even though we live in a world of crypto it has nothing to do with the real life currency .It is a fact that there are more crypto currencies showing up in the digital market and it be only considered as a form of investment and it has nothing to do with real life currency .Even though the digital currencies are being accepted world wide most of the government are trying to put a control over it.I know both cryptos and real life currency will stay hand in hand because we need real life currency to buy cryptos as digital currency does not have a physical form and it is not accepted in every place we go say like if we go to a local vendor and buy something we cannot pay him using cryptos as he does not know its value nor knows how to use them.Where as Cryptos are accepted in star hotels and restaurants as they know its value and how it can be utilized.

zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:16:49 AM

The limitless potential in cryptocurrency will make the world economy better. We might be able to witness it within the next 20 years when the majority of people have recognized and und understood the purpose of cryptocurrency and how it clearly transcends to a new level of digital and technological advancement.
Being a fantastic currency of the time and replacing the cash from the market, these are two different things. Why these people are mining it? Like if you think bitcoins would be the only one currency of the world in coming twenty years that is amazing but they will never be desiring the sense of cash from the market as well as the society. For making this happen, more and more years are required.
Celine Ariola

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:24:57 AM

Honestly, I do not want a cashless society. Not unless using bitcoins is much convient to use when I wanted to buy candies, coffees and some necessities upon buying.

I believe that once cashless society is implemented, there will be more crimes and corruption.
One currency is not even equally distributed within specific countries.

I still want physical money and do not want to risk amount of money with volatility of bitcoins.

What is I have a million worth of bitcoin but it decreased because of different factors. That will be my loss and no one to be blamed.

I agree. Bitcoin's volatility is a huge risk to take. We might all end up in great trouble if it's value takes a huge step-back. It will be chaotic if we don't have physical money since not all of us will not have access to Bitcoins.
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:29:32 AM

This may happen if the crypto world grows and continues to grow, but I think it will be difficult if money is replaced with crypto, because everyone in the world must understand about the crypto world and this is very difficult, maybe some people will more easily use crypto, but some will feel difficult because they do not understand. If this happens, maybe later when I die.. Grin

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:30:42 AM

can not happen if people are without money, because money is actually the most important thing needed by society, but it may still be possible if crypto in the future grow and increase, but the future no one can predict because the circumstances can change so fast with time
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:43:49 AM

In my opinion cryptocurrencies seem too volatile to be used in the future within a cashless society. For example, only a month ago Bitcoin was well above £12,000 and it now sits at around £7,000.

This does not mean I would not like to see it, I would love to be able to spend Bitcoin on Amazon, there have been rumours surrounding this. What are everyone's thoughts?
I don't think that volatility is such a big issue. If the govs would have wanted - the'd figure the way to get through unsteadiness and readjust the market quickly. Also if Bitcoin was used worldwide and legal - it would be more stable. And there always are alternative cryptocurrencies with better stability.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

I don't think that we will live in a cashless society because not all people in a country can access and use bitcoin since it requires internet connection. And I think government of a country will not allow it since crypto currencies are decentralized, they cannot control it.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

I'm still positive of the idea of moving into cashless society even if this time we encounter so many set back in bitcoin price. Bitcoin only needs to get the support of the government so that implementation of digital economy would become easy and also developers needs to find ways to controls bitcoin price fluctuations
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

This may happen if the crypto world grows and continues to grow, but I think it will be difficult if money is replaced with crypto, because everyone in the world must understand about the crypto world and this is very difficult, maybe some people will more easily use crypto, but some will feel difficult because they do not understand. If this happens, maybe later when I die.. Grin

That's the reason why we, who has more knowledge about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies should help those people who barely know the digital currencies and educate them instead. Maybe the more people who knows about its usage would better understand and could possibly use them on online stores or even physical stores in every country.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 12:52:22 PM

Coming from someone that is a huge supporter of Cryptos. I hope to god not. This would be a nightmare, as it is very likely that in this scenario it would be a government controlled crypto. The power they would wield in this situation would be absolute and truly frightening.

mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

I don't think that we will live in a cashless society because not all people in a country can access and use bitcoin since it requires internet connection. And I think government of a country will not allow it since crypto currencies are decentralized, they cannot control it.
To be cashless society need a recognition from the government about the currency that being use. The disadvantages of without a cash is the need of internet to access on it and not all people do not aware about cryptocurrency around the world. Not all people are having access on it. It will be hard to be cashless because bitcoin has no stable value where you do not want to spend when the price drops.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:46:55 PM

The fluctuations of bitcoin or any other crypto currency will not affect our lives moving toward a cashless society. I mean this society will find an appropriate solution for their convinces if cashless society will be proving good comfort and easy transactions then one day or other majority of people will be using it. Now a days, we can see even illiterate people also using bank cards whereas it was not possible in some decades ago.

Fluctuations of cryptocurrency is working in a way like all the people will be adopting it and we may see traditional transaction methods may become obsolete. We cannot which is going to stay and which is not but the fittest one will stay with us and bitcoin is seeming as a fittest one so far.  
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

Indeed, all crypto currency is not a stable price and now it's hard to imagine that in the future we will pay with our coins. But now there are a lot of interesting ICO projects that give hope.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:33:47 PM

Indeed, all crypto currency is not a stable price and now it's hard to imagine that in the future we will pay with our coins. But now there are a lot of interesting ICO projects that give hope.

Its not hard to happen that in future we can use our coin for payment because now a days we can use bitcoin as payment and this can be also happen in other coin, and it is also depends on the ICO and if it can have a project like that.
Shamburis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:49:03 PM

In my opinion cryptocurrencies seem too volatile to be used in the future within a cashless society. For example, only a month ago Bitcoin was well above £12,000 and it now sits at around £7,000. This does not mean I would not like to see it, I would love to be able to spend Bitcoin on Amazon, there have been rumours surrounding this. What are everyone's thoughts?
Actually it all depends on the future that we do not know for sure. We all know only that the future is unpredictable and we will never know what will happen in the future. We can only speculate. I do not think I understand what's going to happen in the future with Bitcoin. Maybe Bitcoin will grow, maybe Bitcoin will disappear and fall somehow. But there is one thing that always makes me sure. If Bitcoin can not grow in the future, I think there will be someone who can replace Bitcoin. And when that happens, of course it will be better than Bitcoin.
For us who really know and learn about cryptocurrencies is easy for us to live when it is thrive and more often about cryptocurrency and it is possible to happened, so while waiting let us teach our family to earn cryptocurrencies now preparing for the cashless society.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

The volatility seems to be a big factor lately since it is one of the things a business must accept when they are willing to take Bitcoin as a mode of payment. At a businesses' perspective I can always update the price equal to its Fiat currency equivalent in order to adapt in any market change brought by Bitcoin. So one of the biggest problems I see is not volatility but of course its legality, some countries like Indonesia and India have now banned Bitcoin as a mode of payment meaning they are only accepting their local fiat currency as their legal tender. This is one of the things a cryptocurrency and its users must face in the future, as in the legal perspective a cashless society with crypto looks impossible.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:54:51 PM

The society will always use primarily the fiat currency. But I think that in the future it will be more and more digitalized as well. In most countries the fiat is stable, and stability is something most people want. Cryptocurrencies will not disappear, but they will only play a minor role.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: