Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:25:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Polymath overtake Ethereum?  (Read 730 times)
kaya11 (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:36:12 PM

What do you say of the new ST20-token based call Polymath? Will it succeed? Will it follow Ether's steps or is it better? State you ideas and make a discussion. https://www.polymath.network/wizard

Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:48:58 PM

What do you say of the new ST20-token based call Polymath? Will it succeed? Will it follow Ether's steps or is it better? State you ideas and make a discussion. https://www.polymath.network/wizard

Even if Polymath manage to offer something more to ICO owners than ETH, it will take more than 1-2 years to move even close to ETH market cap and adoption.

So, no - not in 2018 or 2019.
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:44:58 AM

No bro ,polymath is not going to overtake etherium anytime soon just like etherium is not overtaking bitcoin any time soon.sure polymath did an aggressive marketing campaign surpassing almost every crypto in terms of telegram membership( more than 50000).it will have its day in the sun but not now.i am also happy to be amongst those that recaived their 250 polytoken today. And hoping it does well when fully functional
flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:58:40 AM

Even if Polymath manage to offer something more to ICO owners than ETH, it will take more than 1-2 years to move even close to ETH market cap and adoption.

I totally agreed with above comment. Even though polymath is a good project, it is not easy to overtake ETH. But investment purpose, you could gain more profit investing on POLY than ETH.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:35:41 AM

I Think Polymath have to look at cardano, NEO and Quantum before targeting ETH marketcap, they are strong competitor for ETH to IMHO. Polymath need to take over this blockchain first before targetting ETH.
ETH is like mother of smart contract based cryptocurrency, it has a huge community ,great development team and have a lot of company that used their smart contract, so it will take a very long time for competitor to take over ETH position.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:52:28 AM

Well I had my first real trading experience today. I received the airdrop and had my 250 poly. I read an article about how it wouldn't be worth more than a dollar after tonight, so I sold mine for .475 eth. I then saw the buy orders higher than the sell orders and tried to buy them for more than I sold them for then sell them and rinse and repeat. I got caught and the market was and is still being manipulated by a few whales. Now, 5 hours later and poly is trading under 90 cents.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:07:38 AM

I think it's very hard to go beyond ETH, because NEO,QTUM and these tokens are also intended to go beyond ETH.
As you can see, although there is a large number of users and good technology in the NEO, QTUM, it is almost impossible to go beyond ETH, let alone polymath.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:10:13 AM

Polymath is not going to overtake etherium anytime because all token on etherium platform alway follow!
Need a big change to be able to pass!
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

It may work in case of a good marketing but it needs to support something else like graphic cards or some other suppliers. Competition with Ethereum or bitcoin can still possible with a very hard effort
lequocvuongpro

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:14 AM

I hope POLYMATH will surpass ETHERUM.
I will investing and HOLDING POLYMTH until it succeeds brilliantly. Good luck!
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:50:43 AM

Well I had my first real trading experience today. I received the airdrop and had my 250 poly. I read an article about how it wouldn't be worth more than a dollar after tonight, so I sold mine for .475 eth. I then saw the buy orders higher than the sell orders and tried to buy them for more than I sold them for then sell them and rinse and repeat. I got caught and the market was and is still being manipulated by a few whales. Now, 5 hours later and poly is trading under 90 cents.

I haven't received my polytokens yet but was wondering what exchange are they on?

To the question, I think Polymath will be successful over time but I can't see it overtaking ETH. Like all new coins/tokens they will have to show some results and continue to build trust among the community. Hopefully as they do this Poly will grow and be worth at least 10x what they're at now. They would be expecting the free tokens they handed out to be dumped on the market so i'm sure their is whales waiting to buy them up at a low price.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:57:23 AM

Pretty much this. If poly takes over eth, it won't be within this year. People seem to forget how long it took ETH to get where it is today. We can't predict the future so we don't know which coin will have as much marketcap but it isn't happening anytime soon and until they've proven their worth.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:00:05 AM

Not now polymath had done good social media campaign by taking 50k + telegram subscribers their strategy looks good but not in near future . In the technology perspective NEO is the better competitor for ethereum .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

I don't think so, there is a big competition in blockchain platforms (ADA, Waves, NEO, ICON), that have much more opportunities to overtake ETH, then Polymath.
Zoel

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:11:28 AM

It's will be a supprice were Internet of Things always happend. so there's possbile to be competitor between a platfrom even be worse to  shifting a eth.
Lets waiting how that is be goes, just remember inovations always came to be better. I'll keep my eyes to see way polymath.
moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:18:41 AM

I would agree there's far too much competition for this to be considered a strong contender to overtake it anytime soon

What sort of marketcap will this have on debut I wonder?

Spain2000

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:24:36 AM

I like all the altcoins because all are the branches of the crypto market and we have to participate in these all bitcoin is good to make some investment in this. The most important thing is the nature of currency and acceptance of currency some time the currency is not accepting for many reasons so that create problems in the time.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:27:37 AM

according to me thats not possible right now but i wont tell that it wont ever be possible,maybe in the future?
the difference in the market cap is significant and the popularity of ethereum is also more.
even if polymath shows potential it will take a lot for people to trust it and invest in it whilke on the other hand ethereum has proved to be an alternative for bitcoin and its investors are increasing day by day.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

no, i doubt anything can overtake ethereum as long as people don't care about the project itself and the productivity of the projects. so far all they care about is money and how to make more of it. and because of that they never invest in any altcoin for long term. they either learn how to trade which means short term holding during pumps or they are newbies who buy on top and become bag holders.

and because of that coins like ETH which have big whales with deep pockets (the centralized foundation) keep its price up and doesn't let it fall.

if the way people treat altcoins changed, ETH would have dropped to $10 in less than a week and good projects with less serious bugs would have grown big.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
tsyko

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:17:54 AM

need to do a bit more research but seems to have nice potential. 
eth:0xcad0d027fa48f559d4b05bd063a36de1cdfa2d69
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: