Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Polymath overtake Ethereum?  (Read 730 times)
coinmgnet

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

What do you say of the new ST20-token based call Polymath? Will it succeed? Will it follow Ether's steps or is it better? State you ideas and make a discussion. https://www.polymath.network/wizard

It's pretty crazy how high the Polymath value is. I doubt though that Polymath is going to ever overtake Ethereum. There is just too much gravitating around Ethereum. It's one of the funding fathers of the crypto world.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:49:24 PM

Polymath has a good marketing armor but i think didn't have a good enterprise partnership unlike Ethereum, if they want to overtake ETH it will take for more than 3 years today. ETH have already gained a strong position right now, ICOs and other altcoins are adapting ETH blockchain.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Polymath is all paper idea for now. Their platform is not yet test to see how it will work or to see it in action. The price is going up because they did airdrop not much people got as much as they want so no dump. Until their platform is fully deployed and test. They are not to be compared with eth

Thought this was a great announcement from them: https://blog.polymath.network/introducing-polymath-core-polymath-js-800b80eea9b
Not so great as you said but how dumb OP because he can't see the differences between polymath and ethereum. Polymath aims to build security token market which it's fully regulated. Ethereum tries to build the future protocol based on the smartcontract. It's totally different. This thread is obviously created to shilling polymat. the marketcap doesn't even worth 300 million dollars. This is a joke.
cvan

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:52:05 PM

Polymath is all paper idea for now. Their platform is not yet test to see how it will work or to see it in action. The price is going up because they did airdrop not much people got as much as they want so no dump. Until their platform is fully deployed and test. They are not to be compared with eth

Thought this was a great announcement from them: https://blog.polymath.network/introducing-polymath-core-polymath-js-800b80eea9b
Not so great as you said but how dumb OP because he can't see the differences between polymath and ethereum. Polymath aims to build security token market which it's fully regulated. Ethereum tries to build the future protocol based on the smartcontract. It's totally different. This thread is obviously created to shilling polymat. the marketcap doesn't even worth 300 million dollars. This is a joke.

I think a lot of people don't understand what polymath does that's why it comes off like that. When you really understand what they're about, it really is a good project and very much different from eth.
Ertetert

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:29:47 AM

On Ethereum there is at least Ambisafe's project Orderbook that does pretty much the same except far ahead, because:

a)Orderbook is already working decentralized exhcange.
b)Orderbook is an ICO platform that launched couple of dozens ICO's.
c)Orderbook actually holds patent for regulated token technology . https://www.newsbtc.com/press-releases/orderbook-announces-one-kind-regulation-aware-protocol-tokenized-securities/
d)Orderbook has implemented KYC/AML verification, Accredited Investor Status verification and DocuSign electronic signature. This is the best compliance tool set that is implemented by any exchange.
e)Orderbook is now in process of acquiring SEC licenses for private securities offering and public securities offering. And you can't even apply for those if you don't have all of the above mentioned technologies in place already working.

Also instead of ordinary ICO they do a private SAFT round. You can ask them by mail or in telegram support chat about it.
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:36:25 AM

Polymath is a very good project, with a team of experts and professionals of value, but it is too early to be able to say if it will be able to follow the steps of a colossus like Ethereum which, in my opinion, has no rivals
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Use cases are different: Polymath is focusing on creating tokenised securities, within the Ethereum platform any kind of application can be built

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:38:51 AM

Polimath is a very good project but Ethereum is still the best alcoin and its growth will be even bigger in the next 1-2 years....
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

Maybe or maybe not.Polymath is good but its hard to touch ETH at this moment for polymath.If polymath collects his success for at least 2-3 years maybe then it can touch eth .maybe.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:51:38 AM

What do you say of the new ST20-token based call Polymath? Will it succeed? Will it follow Ether's steps or is it better? State you ideas and make a discussion. https://www.polymath.network/wizard

Even if Polymath manage to offer something more to ICO owners than ETH, it will take more than 1-2 years to move even close to ETH market cap and adoption.

So, no - not in 2018 or 2019.

I thought polymath was compete scam after there were numerous threads on this board about the polymath. I was going to invest into this project because I saw huge advertisements of the same on CMC and many other crypto related websites. That is what got my attention at the first time but later on when I started searching for more info then I found that it is just another ponzi websites taking off the investment of people. But uncertain world and uncertain promises who knows whats the truth really.

I think to compete the Ether this project will have to gain the trust of people first and then we can talk about the developments and stuff like that.
Danna_R

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

No ofcourse not.
Too little. too late.

megamind_bs

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

Polymath raised when BTC was at all time high. I don't think they can match the expectations. Given how recently EOS sold 450K ETH.
samward

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:28:18 PM

I think that polymath isnt going to overtake ETH anytime soon just like ETH is not overtaking BTC any time soon. Sure polymath did an aggressive marketing campaign surpassing almost every crypto in terms of telegram membership (about 50000). It will have its day in the sun but not now.
waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

It is too early to say whether Polimath can follow the steps of Ethereum. It is a high quality project with a high-level team but has yet to demonstrate its potential. Ethereum instead is now one of the best projects in the world of cryptocurrencies and it has enormous potential
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

I don't think it will happen any time soon, because poly platform is not yet tested and trusted, until it is tested and trusted and many people adopted it and accepted it then we can start talking about poly overtaken eth. Well In cryptos any thing can happen, let's watch and see, time will tell.

Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:15:09 PM

No its impossible polymath will not overtake bitcoin.because ethereum is second popular coin in the crypto market.Ethereum instead is now one of the best projects in the world .Polymath has a large community, but I do not believe Polymath is over ETH.Ethereum is still the best alcoin and its growth will be even bigger in the next 1-2 years.....
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:45:50 AM

I like that the origins of the Polymath stand the same peoples that and were involved in the creation of the ETH. It is likely he will not be able to oust the ethereum from the market, but the project perspective.                  
Dhanushka

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:11:19 AM

I don't think so. Polymath can't even reach to Ethereum. Still NEO can't reach to ETH even though it offering ICOs.

Ivy41

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

I don't see this happening anytime soon. Not even soonest. Looking at the recent market dip issues, even coins that are posing serious competition for ETH couldn't even stand the test of time. I think coins such as Neo, Monero and some few others stands a better chance than Polymath.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:15:47 PM

Polymath has a good idea and potential, but it will never be better than ETH. I doubt that token developers will use this new platform, instead of the proven Ethereum platform. I think that this niche is occupied by ETH for a long time.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: