Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Crazy with this, need help with RX570 4GB MSI Armor OC  (Read 142 times)
Millime (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:52:21 PM

Hello

I've been trying again and again to make my rig of 6x RX570 4GB MSI Armor OC to run but there's nothing I'm able to do with it to make it stable. The only thing I get is blue screen again and again (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE)

Do you guys have any .rom I could use ?
I've been using the Anoraks one memshift1500 for both Hynix and Elpida, knowing I have both of them in my rig.
I had to use -f command in ATI because the ssid wasnt matching.

Any .rom I could use or OC settings with OverdriveNTool ?
This rig is getting me crazy...

If you guys have any tips, I'll be very happy.
Thanks
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:03:35 AM

I've been using the Anoraks one memshift1500
These might be a bit aggressive?
Try something a bit lighter, maybe?
dohfish

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:20:48 AM

Hello

I've been trying again and again to make my rig of 6x RX570 4GB MSI Armor OC to run but there's nothing I'm able to do with it to make it stable. The only thing I get is blue screen again and again (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE)

I've been using the Anoraks one memshift1500 for both Hynix and Elpida, knowing I have both of them in my rig.

Thanks

STOP blindly applying BIOS's and overclocks!

That error is typically due to too high overclocks.

Flash BIOS, but keep clock speeds stock, test for 15minutes, if its stable then start upping the clocks 50Mhz at the time mem, each with a 15 minute testing period.

I have 8 rigs with 12xArmor 4G RX570, no issues at all, I do polarisbioseditor with the oneclick patch, then start dialing in clocks for each card individually (Testing 1 card until its stable, then applying to the next one, testing again before applying to the next one etc.

Millime (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:26:51 AM

Hello

Thanks

Flash BIOS, but keep clock speeds stock, test for 15minutes, if its stable then start upping the clocks 50Mhz at the time mem, each with a 15 minute testing period.

I have 8 rigs with 12xArmor 4G RX570, no issues at all, I do polarisbioseditor with the oneclick patch, then start dialing in clocks for each card individually (Testing 1 card until its stable, then applying to the next one, testing again before applying to the next one etc.

Thanks for the reply, can you explain step by step what you are modifiyng when Oc/undervolt ? What do you start with ?
dohfish

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:35:33 AM

Hello

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, can you explain step by step what you are modifiyng when Oc/undervolt ? What do you start with ?

I start completely blank, fully stock besides the bios mod, test for 3-6 hours for any crashes.

Then start by setting core clock to 1150, core mv to 900, basically all cards can run on that, test again for 15-30minutes.

Then increase memory by 50Mhz, test again to make sure, then again raise clocks 50Mhz.

There's a drift of about 200Mhz between my worst card and my best card, all of 570's are Samsung mem cards, but just blindly applying the same clocks to all cards is the worst you can do, you need to test in increments to make sure it is stable.

My avg clock for the RX570's are ~2050Mhz mem at 850mv - Some cards need 900mv, some can handle 800mv, some run 2200, some only 2000, even my slowest cards do ~29.5MH/s

Mining is actually a lot of work to get things running smoothly, if you just want it to be stable, then flash the bios and keep everything is stock, it will run for months but you will not get optimal performance, but getting there takes hours and hours of testing/tweaking/tuning, DO NOT SKIMP ON THE TEST PHASE, you will just get burned by a rig that are frozen/offline for entire night burning watts with no income - Also, it is better to sacrifice 1MH/s and to have the rig running stable, even 1 hour of downtime is enough to ruin that extra performance.
Millime (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:44:37 AM

What is the order of what you adjust when you overclock ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: