Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spendacoin Project  (Read 157 times)
Spendacoin (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:59:31 PM

Hi All

We have started a project mainly to draw attention from all levels to using Bitcoin, and other Cryptocurrencies, for buying and selling goods and services. Our mission is to get these assets in the hands of the mass population by interacting with people and businesses in communities and online to ask those that realize the importance of this issue to get involved and to educate those that are still new to the entire Cryptocurrency Arena. Our strategy is to open an eye of entrepreneurs, developers, Cryptocurrency creators, investors and enthusiasts that are currently focusing all 100% of their attention on the current trading hype and to get involved more with the other important attributes and aspects of these assets. This is all in an effort to help give Cryptocurrencies a solid foundation to survive and thrive on.

We are at the very beginning of this quest and we are making very good progress both on the ground and online. We are calling all those who agree with our mission to get involved, help spread the word and create a world-wide community. We are open to all comments and suggestions and are starting to share them on some of the platforms that are available out there like this one. This forum could be a good source to hold discussions etc. if the Admins and Moderators agree as some very key figures in the Cryptocurrency Arena have already quickly taken interest in our quest. Their input and a chance to discuss all Cryptocurrency matters and issues directly with them on perhaps even this platform would be beneficial to all.

I invite you all to see just where we are with this project right now by having a look at these few links below.

FB group Buy and Sell Anything with Cryptocurrencies for Beginners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408047672981738/

A website that allows for what was just mentioned- Buying and Selling Items with Cryptocurrencies: http://spendacoin.com

You can read the mission statement of - The Spendacoin Project - in it's raw form by following the link below. A shorter more abridged version is being prepared and released as soon as we have accumulated enough input and commentary from the community we are creating, readers and contributors, along with updates from research that we are acquiring on a daily basis.

The Spendacoin Project: http://spendacoin.com/the-spendacoin-project/

Any and all comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

Im sorry to be the one to tell you that the success rate of your project will not be high. You are explicitly competing with fiat and credit card accepting markets, which a "cryptocurrency only" site will have a tough time to penetrate in.

Many have already tried and failed. If you have the technical knowledge, then develop a safe and secure darknet market place. Thats more probable to be successful if you ask me.
Spendacoin (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:52:52 PM

Thank You for the constructive criticism. You are right in that it is going to take some work and time to get this going, we are well aware of that. Rome wasn't built in a day
If you look a bit closer it's not a "cryptocurrency only" site, it says so right on the home page . We did that so in order to participate people don't have to commit to trading only with Cryptocurrencies, they can do it to a level that makes them feel comfortable.

I hope the darknet thing was just a joke!

Thanks again
Spendacoin (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

Very Interesting. thanks we'll keep this in mind as we will be making some changes/updates in the future
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:21:57 AM

Thank You for the constructive criticism. You are right in that it is going to take some work and time to get this going, we are well aware of that. Rome wasn't built in a day
If you look a bit closer it's not a "cryptocurrency only" site, it says so right on the home page . We did that so in order to participate people don't have to commit to trading only with Cryptocurrencies, they can do it to a level that makes them feel comfortable.

Thanks again

No Im not joking. The darknet is the most effective place to use cryptocurrencies as money because everything that is bought and sold there are illegal, which makes paypal, credit cards and bank related online payment methods useless.

Having that said, why would BTC users use your site instead of Open Bazaar?
Spendacoin (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:38:33 AM

Thanks again

No Im not joking. The darknet is the most effective place to use cryptocurrencies as money because everything that is bought and sold there are illegal, which makes paypal, credit cards and bank related online payment methods useless.

Having that said, why would BTC users use your site instead of Open Bazaar?

I can see that you and I are at different ends of the spectrum here but that's fine.

We're creating a secure environment for users and are more interested in gaining the attention of the mass population that does not surf the darknet nor would they get involved in a transaction like the ones that are available on OpenBazaar. Too much risk, they would gladly pay ebay their fees for the same item just to have piece of mind

For those reasons we will most defiantly stay centralized and also because being in the US there are certain restrictions (Cryptocurrencies or not) that we must adhere to otherwise Uncle Sam and company will get a bit upset.

However please don't misinterpret where I'm coming from. I am all for many of the benefits that Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology have to offer. But in order for these to have a place in society with the masses, like it or not, certain criteria will have to met.

Its all real simple and logical. Unless something happens to change the road that cryptocurrencies are on then you can be assured that they will fail, be overly regulated and maybe even outlawed. People in general were fine without Cryptocurrencies and they will be fine if they disappear. What I am hoping for is that the majority of people that are in Cryptocurrencies open their eyes and see that the only way the future could be bright for their survival is to find a way to incorporate all their good features into normal everyday living. No darknet, secure verifiable transactions etc. At that point they would be invincible.

In a nutshell Cryptocurrencies offer a lot of aspects that are very different to what people use for currency and trade today that are very beneficial, however that all comes with some risks that the masses and governments will not tolerate on a large scale. That you can take to the bank. All that has to be done is to fine tune things so that the risk factor goes away or gets so minimized it wouldn't affect anybody and you're all set.

Getting back to my first sentence. Things are way too far apart in this Cryptocurrency Arena for there to be a harmonized global acceptance and use for them on a large scale. Just like I would like to come to terms with you on what we are discussing, what needs to happen is for all sides to come to terms with each other and find a low risk, secure and suitable way to implement and use them world-wide, and everything will be fine.

Spendacoin (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:25:42 PM

Common Logic tells me that Today with all these Cryptos moving down in the market in tandem just goes to show that the interest is only on the Investment side. If even one coin was invested in correctly for the long term, in that not just for speculation and a quick profit but being used what it was intended for, then that coin would not be participating in the selloff. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: