Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:42:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Impossible to Buy GPUS  (Read 2002 times)
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:19:32 AM

Now when the prices of every coin in the cryptospace has fallen this low and mining is not as profitable as it should be, ppl should be panic selling their mining GPUs? But its not happening!! Why all the HODL mentality, i would like to buy cheap GPUs!!  Grin Grin

I HODL gpus b/c they go up in value better than the coins. the fact it pumps out coins is just an added bonus.  I had a feeling this would happen so I bought as much 1070 ti as I can afford on my credit card the first month they got released.  I GPU  FOSO   fear of selling out.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:08:30 PM

Now when the prices of every coin in the cryptospace has fallen this low and mining is not as profitable as it should be, ppl should be panic selling their mining GPUs? But its not happening!! Why all the HODL mentality, i would like to buy cheap GPUs!!  Grin Grin

1) Profitability is STILL higher than a lot of the past year.
 2) It wasn't MINERS that caused the current shortage (though we did have a lot of input into the SPRING shortage).

We're just not seeing a lot of mining GROWTH right now (except to a degree on Ethereum), but profitability isn't to the point of "panic sale" yet, it's just dropped to the point of "achieving 100% ROI is VERY iffy, stop building NEW rigs" for most folks.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Kubit

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:09:23 PM

Now when the prices of every coin in the cryptospace has fallen this low and mining is not as profitable as it should be, ppl should be panic selling their mining GPUs? But its not happening!! Why all the HODL mentality, i would like to buy cheap GPUs!!  Grin Grin

1) Profitability is STILL higher than a lot of the past year.
 2) It wasn't MINERS that caused the current shortage (though we did have a lot of input into the SPRING shortage).

We're just not seeing a lot of mining GROWTH right now (except to a degree on Ethereum), but profitability isn't to the point of "panic sale" yet, it's just dropped to the point of "achieving 100% ROI is VERY iffy, stop building NEW rigs" for most folks.

We were happy to pull out 0.5$ profit from card back in the day.
Today anything below 5$ is not good...someone got spoiled.
ibuycrypto2

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:12:01 AM

I ordered a 1080 Armor on Amazon yesterday for MSRP. I am just trying to figure out where to flip the cards without getting jacked! I want to flip them and get some more for a cheap rig cost. Worried about selling on Ebay and getting robbed though.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:37:23 AM

Why would one buy gpus right now with eth pow ending and the new generation of cards coming out, just buy btc instead...

eth pow is not ending. it wont end anytime soon. vitalik is dangling that POS carrot so asic manufacturers dont invest in developing one for ethash. another possibility, they havent figured it out yet. im leaning more towards 2nd option.
Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

From my experience, most buyers are honest. Only had a handful try to return the wrong (cheaper) item or an empty package for a full refund, and eBay/PayPal have always decided in my (the seller's) favor in those rare instances. However, in the past, I've mostly sold collectible items that only go up in value with time, so even if I offered everyone a full refund with over the past 20 years of selling, odds are, I'd have zero takers since their collectibles are worth exponentially more now. Regarding reselling mining hardware, I'd be leery of those buyers that wants to rent your GPU or ASIC for free by opening a dispute on day 60 because he's not 100% satisfied (because difficulty increased or newer hardware was released). EBay and/or PayPal will allow the return, even if you don't accept returns, and will make you (the seller) pay for return shipping.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:00:43 AM

The GPU gods hooked me up today.  I snagged (2) RX 580 (1) GTX 1080 all from Newegg and way cheaper than what most are selling for.  $399 and $439 for the 570s!  I use the google groups for alerts.  You have to have your phone or PC ready to go for places like newegg. Save your card info except for the CCV code and goto town on PLACE ORDER button!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:16:12 AM

I snuck in a 1070 ti from Newegg this week - bit higher than MSRP but I think that's mostly ram prices.
Almost pulled the trigger on a 1080 ti in the same order, but it was priced a little TOO high (Asus blower model at $900) and I skipped it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:49:25 AM

MSRP is rising for sure and its become considerably harder to acquire cards as more people are using bots on retailers and things go even quicker than they did last week.  I was able to snatch two more this week but found it easiest to get direct from EVGA website.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:46:59 AM

MSRP is rising for sure and its become considerably harder to acquire cards as more people are using bots on retailers and things go even quicker than they did last week.  I was able to snatch two more this week but found it easiest to get direct from EVGA website.
If you manage to get a "gold" membership or whatever it's called on EVGA's site you'll be able to access even more deals. I recently noticed some cheap 1080s on their site but they were only for their special members, but I'm not sure what the requirements are for it though. Some people qualify, some don't.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:32:15 AM

1030s are back in Stock,
Go get them boys and girls  Grin
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

Well I finally got lucky, 3 times in a row in fact.  On Thursday I was able to snag 3 different 1080tis.  I'd definitely prefer having 3 of the same cards but unless I feel like throwing my wallet in the fire to do so, I'll take what I can get.  I'll also use this as an opportunity and see some different brand (Gigabyte Waterforce/EVGA/MSI Gaming [which I'm already comfortable with]) performance and report back.
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

If you can obtain one/some 1080 ti's in the $600- $800 USD range, then definitely go for the card(s).  If over $1000 USD, maybe better to buy Bitcoin during the ongoing dip and HODL until supply & demand and Volta corrections occur to the Nvidia GPU markets.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:53:03 PM

BTC down again and cant hold a rally. Down 60% off ATH. ETH down 35% from ATH and suppoort is stronger. #flippening 2018.
TRexMcStubyArms (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:55:30 AM

BTC down again and cant hold a rally. Down 60% off ATH. ETH down 35% from ATH and suppoort is stronger. #flippening 2018.

Yea this is NOT helping pay for my rig.   Sad
abstractHaze

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:21:15 AM

im trying to put a buy order in for 30 1080ti gpus.. but alas. no one will sell me...
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:00:57 AM

im trying to put a buy order in for 30 1080ti gpus.. but alas. no one will sell me...

Should be able to collect them over a few days from different sellers.
Drive around to the stores and get the 2 max per person with yourself and a friend, and order the rest online.
abstractHaze

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:05:53 AM

at bulk price....... not this 1k+ plus garbage.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:51:22 AM

Check allegro.pl there is many gtx to buy.
FatAnt

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:18:39 AM

check out the info at:
Quick guide for GPU hunting in todays crypto environment
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7uxgei/gpu_stock_thread_quick_guide_for_gpu_hunting_in/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: