Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaDice: Invest In a Gambling Site- 2% Commission  (Read 1401 times)
GigaDice (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:02:48 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 10:40:22 AM by GigaDice

Gigadice is a brand new gambling site currently in it's BETA ready to be officially launched.

Please refer to this topic for a complete breakdown of our features and feedback thus far
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280674.0

I'm looking to gather investments prior to officially launch to support the site's bankroll. Those who wish to investment will only be charged 2% on commission rather than 5% which will be charged on investments after official launch. To effectively keep up with the high demand of BTC gambling I'd ideally want at least 100 BTC in investments.

How can I trust you with my coins?

Our investment infastructure is funneled through a highly trusted escrow. What this means is that all investments will be sent to an escrow's wallet where they will remain till divestment. A small portion of the investments will be kept in a hot wallet owned by me to keep up with the daily bets/cash outs.

Any information regarding investments can be found on our investment page http://gigadice.com/invest.php

All investments will have to be put on hold till the escrow (DannyHamilton) I'm currently negotiating with is back from holidays. Anyone interested in investing please message me or post below and I will get back to you when the escrow has verified his services, please refrain from investing through the site for the time being. Feel free to ask any questions below and I will try my best to promptly answer. Thank you and have a nice day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 02:41:01 AM

Well your site and you yourself look + sound trustworthy, but 10,000 is a lot of money, do you have a collateral to offer to escrow too?
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:17:47 AM

Well your site and you yourself look + sound trustworthy, but 10,000 is a lot of money, do you have a collateral to offer to escrow too?

I will not have access to the 100 BTC as it will be in possession of the escrow, therefore don't see the need for any collateral. Thanks you for your kind words by the way.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 03:29:01 AM

nice looking site, I was just wondering are you an US site and you concerned about the o0nline gambling and cashing out?
will definietely be watching Smiley

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:33:20 AM

Do you have a forum name before July 7,2013 when you registered? Also, this "gigagold" being transferred directly to fiat means you are now breaking two american laws (and some other nations):
1. You are operating as an unlicensed MTB
2. You have removed the last shroud of protection from US anti-online gambling laws by equating gigagold with fiat functionally on your site

Just curious how you do not plan to end up in jail? Even if your servers are located outside of the US, unless you purposely exclude US players, you will run afoul of their laws.

Whole thing seems batshit crazy. The other btc gambling sites already in the grey zone enough and may be cracked down on eventually, but you are so flagrantly violating US laws with how you are structing this venture it seems you to want to go to jail or have not really thought this through at all.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:44:05 AM

nice looking site, I was just wondering are you an US site and you concerned about the o0nline gambling and cashing out?
will definietely be watching Smiley

I'm a Canadian citizen and I've already contacted a lawyer before starting on the site and for the time being I'm not too worried. I implore all users to invest at their own risk, especially due to the recent actions by the US government.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:46:35 AM

Do you have a forum name before July 7,2013 when you registered? Also, this "gigagold" being transferred directly to fiat means you are now breaking two american laws (and some other nations):
1. You are operating as an unlicensed MTB
2. You have removed the last shroud of protection from US anti-online gambling laws by equating gigagold with fiat functionally on your site

Just curious how you do not plan to end up in jail? Even if your servers are located outside of the US, unless you purposely exclude US players, you will run afoul of their laws.

Whole thing seems batshit crazy. The other btc gambling sites already in the grey zone enough and may be cracked down on eventually, but you are so flagrantly violating US laws with how you are structing this venture it seems you to want to go to jail or have not really thought this through at all.

Yes, I'm aware of the laws this would be breaking that is why when we officially launch American users will be "banned" from using the Gigagold portion of our site. This is explicitly stated on Paypal TOS and if I were to accept US customers betting Gigagold my account would be shut down immediately.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:46:12 AM

So who's the highly trusted escrow?  Not seeing that mentioned anywhere.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:47:44 AM

So who's the highly trusted escrow?  Not seeing that mentioned anywhere.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, hopefully this will clear up any confusion

All investments will have to be put on hold till the escrow (DannyHamilton) I'm currently negotiating with is back from holidays.

Here is a link to his profile:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=60820

I have not worked out the specifics with him yet as he is on vacation.
mechs

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:03:01 PM

Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, hopefully this will clear up any confusion

All investments will have to be put on hold till the escrow (DannyHamilton) I'm currently negotiating with is back from holidays.

So your escrow has been on the forums for only a year and is not very well known?  How about you get a real trusted escrow like John K.  I would not just "DannyHamilton" with my coins.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:33:06 PM

So your escrow has been on the forums for only a year and is not very well known?  How about you get a real trusted escrow like John K.  I would not just "DannyHamilton" with my coins.

I've asked John K, but he has been M.I.A for quite some time and has not gotten a chance to respond to my PM's.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

I have been asked to act as a trusted third party to hold the funds from this venture, and have indicated a willingness to do so so long as I see value in the service I would provide.  I'm not yet sure that what I've been asked to do would be considered "escrow" services as I understand it. There are many details to be worked out, and I have not yet committed to anything. Unfortunately I was approached just before I was leaving on holiday where I have limited internet access.  As such, it has been difficult to discuss exactly what my responsibilities would be.

If my name is simply being used to lend an air of legitimacy, to something that I have no control over at all, then the word "escrow" becomes hollow and fake.  I do not wish to have my name used as a "stamp of approval".  I am willing to protect the funds of others as long as I am allowed the necessary tools to do so.

It is entirely possible that this will not be something I am able to participate in.  Not least of all because I reside in the U.S., and there would be a significant risk of my incarceration if it is publicly known that I am participating in a gambling venture and refusing to turn over the private keys should the authorities demand them.  This could result in my inability to access any bitcoin wallet to ever release anything from escrow.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread whenever I manage to gain access to the internet for a bit, and I'll resume detailed discussions with GigaDice when I return from my holiday.

I'm far more well known than some, and far less well known than others.  You'll have to make your own determination as to my trustworthiness. Let me know if there is anything I can do to reassure you, even if this partnership doesn't come together with GigaDice.
mechs

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:54:41 PM

I have been asked to act as a trusted third party to hold the funds from this venture, and have indicated a willingness to do so so long as I see value in the service I would provide.  I'm not yet sure that what I've been asked to do would be considered "escrow" services as I understand it. There are many details to be worked out, and I have not yet committed to anything. Unfortunately I was approached just before I was leaving on holiday where I have limited internet access.  As such, it has been difficult to discuss exactly what my responsibilities would be.

If my name is simply being used to lend an air of legitimacy, to something that I have no control over at all, then the word "escrow" becomes hollow and fake.  I do not wish to have my name used as a "stamp of approval".  I am willing to protect the funds of others as long as I am allowed the necessary tools to do so.

It is entirely possible that this will not be something I am able to participate in.  Not least of all because I reside in the U.S., and there would be a significant risk of my incarceration if it is publicly known that I am participating in a gambling venture and refusing to turn over the private keys should the authorities demand them.  This could result in my inability to access any bitcoin wallet to ever release anything from escrow.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread whenever I manage to gain access to the internet for a bit, and I'll resume detailed discussions with GigaDice when I return from my holiday.

I'm far more well known than some, and far less well known than others.  You'll have to make your own determination as to my trustworthiness. Let me know if there is anything I can do to reassure you, even if this partnership doesn't come together with GigaDice.
It is not meant as an insult at all, just their are better known escrows.  Besides, all having a trusted escrow hold the coins acheives is that the bankroll won't be run off with in one fowl swoop.  It does nothing to prevent the anonymous operator who has no reputation at all from betting under an alternate account and knowing the server seed, steal from investors in the form of illegitimate gambling wins. 
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:17:31 PM

It is not meant as an insult at all, just their are better known escrows.  Besides, all having a trusted escrow hold the coins acheives is that the bankroll won't be run off with in one fowl swoop.  It does nothing to prevent the anonymous operator who has no reputation at all from betting under an alternate account and knowing the server seed, steal from investors in the form of illegitimate gambling wins. 

This is true although the same can easily be said about any other site as they can theoretically can "rig" bets as they can show the seeds prior to any bets and can use "selective seeds" to run their bettors dry all the mean while remaining "provably fair". Thanks for your concern nonetheless, I'm looking for a way to combat this scenario although it is very difficult because in the end it requires a small bit of trust. I'm trying my best to be as transparent as possible.
mechs

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:29:51 PM

This is true although the same can easily be said about any other site as they can theoretically can "rig" bets as they can show the seeds prior to any bets and can use "selective seeds" to run their bettors dry all the mean while remaining "provably fair". Thanks for your concern nonetheless, I'm looking for a way to combat this scenario although it is very difficult because in the end it requires a small bit of trust. I'm trying my best to be as transparent as possible.
That is the problem, it requires a lot of trust on the part of investors.  This is not something an escrow can help you with and it would be very difficult to even prove if you did such a cheat. What is their in your history that should make investors trust you not to scam the system at their expense?
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:38:34 PM

That is the problem, it requires a lot of trust on the part of investors.  This is not something an escrow can help you with and it would be very difficult to even prove if you did such a cheat. What is their in your history that should make investors trust you not to scam the system at their expense?

Well yes of course anything is possible, however I firmly believe on remaining transparent. To combat the aforementioned possibility of manipulation by the house I will make all the bet history publicly available for anyone to scrutinize and if anything seems fishy complain loudly. I completely understand your concern as it's always a possibility, if you wish to speak more or would like to nitpick our investment structure feel free to message me.
mechs

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:56:58 PM

Well yes of course anything is possible, however I firmly believe on remaining transparent. To combat the aforementioned possibility of manipulation by the house I will make all the bet history publicly available for anyone to scrutinize and if anything seems fishy complain loudly. I completely understand your concern as it's always a possibility, if you wish to speak more or would like to nitpick our investment structure feel free to message me.
Although I find it interesting your proposal (though a complete rip-off of J-D), the fact you want to make converting BTC to Fiat part of this project would be a no-go for me as an investor.  I am sure that breaks US anti-AML laws and online gambling laws since you paying out in Fiat.  Noone who resides in the US should invest in this site.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:45:58 AM

Although I find it interesting your proposal (though a complete rip-off of J-D), the fact you want to make converting BTC to Fiat part of this project would be a no-go for me as an investor.  I am sure that breaks US anti-AML laws and online gambling laws since you paying out in Fiat.  Noone who resides in the US should invest in this site.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. I'm actually not in violation of any US laws since I will not be dealing with US customers when it comes to Gigagold.
msb8r

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 11:07:48 PM

Before I consider to invest I would like to know how you plan to deal with exchanging between USD and BTC.

It seems to me that you would need to immediately buy BTC for any USD deposited, and liquidate the necessary BTC the instant a payout in USD is requested. This opens you up to exchange rate loses, which could potentially diminish investor returns.

New Bitcoin directory @ http://btcdir.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: