Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Project - Decentralized Monitoring Platform based on Blockchain  (Read 121 times)
bononlines (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Keep going. This will happen again :)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:17:09 AM
Merited by d5000 (1)

Hi All,

I am a developer on Blockchain and would like to start a new project, which I have not seen yet. My friends and I are thinking about a new monitoring platform which is based on Blockchain and is able to provide the possibility for everyone being a part of this platform for better monitoring results.

So as you might know, every single server or script or even any other platform needs to be monitored based on many ports, protocols and ... so there is no single downtime, and if there is any it should be tracked, reported, saved.

What the idea is to build a platform to make a community of nodes ( where you also can add your own computer or mobile to it ), where every single node will monitor the targets, ping, traceroute, ... and can help the owner of that segment to solve the issue as fast as possible. This also can help everyone to build an optimization on their network, and so on.

Do you guys think, such project can be a good project if we are able to make it decentralized and based blockchain?

Thanks for your comments

Hello world! Please join and help! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2861374)
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6172

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:59:39 PM

Interesting ...

I guess you are thinking about a system where, for example, the reliability of the "monitoring" nodes would be rewarded. However, would the value of this service be high enough to sustain a whole cryptocurrency system? What would people pay for such a service - or would the reward tokens simply be created in an inflationary way? Maybe you would even need a punishing mechanism for bad actors, and then it could become risky even for honest nodes to participate in monitoring if it's not carefully thought-out.

But in general terms I like the idea - only to really evaluate it more information would be needed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bononlines (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:54:14 PM

Interesting ...

I guess you are thinking about a system where, for example, the reliability of the "monitoring" nodes would be rewarded. However, would the value of this service be high enough to sustain a whole cryptocurrency system? What would people pay for such a service - or would the reward tokens simply be created in an inflationary way? Maybe you would even need a punishing mechanism for bad actors, and then it could become risky even for honest nodes to participate in monitoring if it's not carefully thought-out.

But in general terms I like the idea - only to really evaluate it more information would be needed.

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, that is correct, "monitoring" nodes would be rewarded by monitoring other hosts. Actually, I have worked with some datacenters and network providers, where monitoring is really important. So I think this would be interesting for a lot people especially in such hosting branches ?

Any other comments?

Hello world! Please join and help! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2861374)
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:02:34 PM

Interesting ...

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, that is correct, "monitoring" nodes would be rewarded by monitoring other hosts. Actually, I have worked with some datacenters and network providers, where monitoring is really important. So I think this would be interesting for a lot people especially in such hosting branches ?

Any other comments?
If I can, I do not want such a "monitoring project" to use ICO to raise funds, of course, you can choose to support the bitcoin OR Litecoin OR ETH to pay for use.
Honestly, I think many people will have such a demand, please continue to cheer, I will keep a watchful eye.

bononlines (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

If I can, I do not want such a "monitoring project" to use ICO to raise funds, of course, you can choose to support the bitcoin OR Litecoin OR ETH to pay for use.
Honestly, I think many people will have such a demand, please continue to cheer, I will keep a watchful eye.

Hi, actually our Idea is not to bring it to an ICO at the first step. I am making sure if the Idea is good itself, and looking for suggestion and more usecases. Or if someone would like to let his resources to be used as such services.

So actually I am looking for up and downsides.

bononlines (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:17:07 PM

Any other feedback about this project?  Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: