Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst altcoin you know?  (Read 471 times)
01BTC (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:25:34 AM

Courious about this just because the tops are always for the Best or the moust profitable .. what if we know the worst ones .. in your opinion ?

I am still in research fase, but what I saw is that doge coin is one that everyone laugh at , still not sure though because i saw it has quite a good market cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zurc

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

SOKOS.io

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:31:52 AM

Courious about this just because the tops are always for the Best or the moust profitable .. what if we know the worst ones .. in your opinion ?

I am still in research fase, but what I saw is that doge coin is one that everyone laugh at , still not sure though because i saw it has quite a good market cap.
The worst altcoin that I have bought last year was FALCOIN for $150 and coinmarketcap has removed it to their list because it was a scam and yes, I was scammed. I was a newbie trader in the market and I did not know that there is a worthless coin.

01BTC (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:40:49 AM

The worst altcoin that I have bought last year was FALCOIN for $150 and coinmarketcap has removed it to their list because it was a scam and yes, I was scammed. I was a newbie trader in the market and I did not know that there is a worthless coin.

Errr , we should probably have also such .. signals to call them about these scams .. but i know it's very hard to know the insides of each coin .. all we know is the outsite design and the marketing arround ..

c0in_junkie

Activity: 521
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:58:47 AM

DIMCOIN... only broken promises, no communication from dev team....

stylonius

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:05:42 AM

Hi, I am just wondering what are the factors that make an altcoin "the worst"?

Is it probably because of the Developer team not making anymore updates?

How about, is it because it has the least people that are making profit from it?

Or maybe because of the price of the coin is not reaching what is speculated/expected?

If you can answer this guide question, other people may answer your question easier.

Since the word "worst" is vague if you don't have any factors that can be determined to apply a judgment to the specific altcoin.

M  O  B  U ──────── The Future of Security Tokens
Pre-ICO soon: Get Whitelisted!   https://www.mobu.io/
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:04:20 AM

Well it depends on how you define worst because for the worst altcoins are those who just copy other cryptocurrency features or provides. like stellar lumens is just a copy of ripple and all those hard fork coins including hard fork coins of altcoins because they dont really have any use in the community. its is just to make money out of thin air. you cannot define a coin just because its value is lower than any other cryptocurrency because a lot of coins out there are overvalued.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:12:11 AM

Please define what do you consider by the term "the worst". The worst technology, worst market adoption, worst scam? For example, doge coin is in some way amongst the worst (no development) but in some ways among better ones (has a huge market cap. without any technical development whatsoever - how great is that?).

Let's put it this way. When you say that one movie is the worst movie of the year, do you take into consideration all the movies, or dod you take into consideration only those that you watched? Also, do you pick your "favorite" amongst top box office movies, or also amongst some TV and very low budget movies? Do you take into consideration just Hollywood movies, or also European movies, Bollywood movies etc.?

rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:14:57 AM

The worst altcoin i know is BitcoinCash. I strongly believe that Roger Ver is scammer and he made a hardfork only in order to gain a lot of money by means of pre-mined BCH. I think that only BTC is original bitcoin, and other coins like BitcoinCast, BitcoinGold/god/diamond can't outdo the "grandfather" of all cryptocurrencies.
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:15:38 AM

I think the worst word does not fit because as long as the cryptocurrency market exists there will be more Altcoin, and surely there will be good or bad, maybe you will have worse, of course, I hope you'll meet better of. There are a lot of crooks in the cryptocurrency world. They cheat people's assets through worthless coins and run. So choose ICO with caution.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:38:29 AM

The worst Altcoin for me is Egass, the team collected  ICO funds and disappeared for the space, they claim they are doing identity and citizen liberitarian project, another one I participated in is Decloud, alright scam, disappeared with my BTC and nothing heard from the team, I have learnt not to invest into any project with no big figure as advisors
01BTC (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:40:22 AM

Hi, I am just wondering what are the factors that make an altcoin "the worst"?

Is it probably because of the Developer team not making anymore updates?

How about, is it because it has the least people that are making profit from it?

Or maybe because of the price of the coin is not reaching what is speculated/expected?

If you can answer this guide question, other people may answer your question easier.

Since the word "worst" is vague if you don't have any factors that can be determined to apply a judgment to the specific altcoin.

hmmm let's not enter in such an enciclopedia of terms and keep it simple.

when you probably say that it has been the worst investment I have ever made in X coin ... you are also explaining why, no comunication, no updates eetc etc etc ..

i asume that quality of posting is not just for terms and specific questions but the core of the question and how the future answers might help others.

i just couldn't guess what kind of question should I ask for .. all situations that probably happen ...

let's say when I say WORST i reffer to poor comunication, didn't keep up with the promises, lying, scam, no updates and the list can go on, cheers!

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:43:07 AM

Doge is in my list too along with the TRON and VERGE. The later two are just bloody artificial manipulation which were done in the last month. Don’t know how I fell for these coins and inevsted huge money on that. Later on I have seen many threads being created which laughed at TRX and XVG a lot. Then I realised that I have made big mistake by investing into these coins.

About the DOGE, it’s really confusing to me that why such tipping coin is made anyway. I really had faith in that one because is literally being used to trade as crypto pair just the way we would use BTC or ETH. But anyway the results are here in front of us. Nothings good in all of them.
kasperdolberg

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:43:28 AM

tron and xdn
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:51:25 AM

Frankly the worst alt is the alt that has a ponzi scheme, look at the bitconnect that has fallen and took its toll around the world. This is the kind of thing we should avoid from the crypto world.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:25:09 AM

as far as I remember there was such a gamecoin project and if it does not change my memory they turned out to be serious scammers, so probably for me it is one of the biggest scamers, so the project symmetry fund, also turned out to be scammers

01BTC (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:26:41 AM

Frankly the worst alt is the alt that has a ponzi scheme, look at the bitconnect that has fallen and took its toll around the world. This is the kind of thing we should avoid from the crypto world.

yea thats one of the wales .. but i'm sure there are also others that we should avoid and warn others ...

linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:40:16 AM

I think coins with shady backgrounds are worst coins and one of them is bitconnect.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

I don't really think that we can create a list for the worst altcoin, since there are many out there. Simply take abonded projects or some simple forks that have no purpose to exist. Or take some coin that we all know is simply based on hype and nothing else in the background, there are many coins out there and I don't see the point of finding and searching for worst one out there.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:40:30 AM

Indeed, Dogecoin is among the most popular altcoins for investing but this is caused by the hype around it. Yes, everyone laugh at him but continue to invest, so I think the hype is settling down and this coin will fall to the bottom.
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

The worst altcoin that I have in 2017 are, bitexo and evr. Only two in 2017
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: