Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 03:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegan Activism  (Read 106 times)
jlaw007 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5323513/Vegan-activists-storm-Melbourne-steakhouse-protest.html

Ridiculous! I respect their right to activism but what they did here is too much, it just seems so laughable. I respect vegan and vegetarians I know since they respect me, too, and my choices. You eat what you want, I eat what I want.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gowron24

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

I am not a vegan, but 'I eat what u want and let me eat what I want' might be a bit of a problem for some people, considering the ecological footprint which meat production has. Just saying.
bit1_ts2

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:53:37 AM

I am also a vegan, but I think it is unethical and excessive to hold a demonstration in a non-vegan restaurant. I think being a vegan / vegetarian is a very good thing to myself and the environment, but that does not mean we become fanatics and ignore the rights of others who disagree with us. Doing this demonstration will not make people sympathy and want to be a vegan.
Rsocks

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

wow, that's too much. every person chooses himself what he needs
Ataman12

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

This is insane. I do not understand why some people try to made others live like they live. I bet that some of these "vegans" were dreaming about a piece of steak there Wink
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:08:55 PM

They were probably a bit low on protein? Yes, lack of tryptophan does that, meaning you need to consume protein and sometimes plants are not enough. https://youtu.be/3z3UoO8JdOo?t=1m29s

And they wonder why people stereotype vegans as holier-than-thou pricks. They ain't getting more people to become vegans that way.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:50:46 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5323513/Vegan-activists-storm-Melbourne-steakhouse-protest.html

Ridiculous! I respect their right to activism but what they did here is too much, it just seems so laughable. I respect vegan and vegetarians I know since they respect me, too, and my choices. You eat what you want, I eat what I want.

I agree with you. I also support activism in many times about vegetarianism. But people are free to eat what they want. Sometimes activism may be a little bit strained.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:20:19 PM

Unethical people. I wonder how those who are eating felt during that time. Everything in moderation is good but they are extremists. I am also a vegetarian but i dont storm into a steak house and protest  Grin. They are so rude. They are the people who are trying to change the world by making another trouble. We all have our freedom of choice, we eat what we want and we  should not make it an issue.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:56:14 PM

I don't really get it. Why does it have to be like this? Crossing eachother's line. If you are a vegan, then respect other people. If you ain't a vegan then respect vegans! It's just a matter of shutting the f up and never go overboard to group of people of someone. They are (the article) just so rude. They stole the freedom of choice. What we eat as individuals shouldn't be an issue. If J can afford it then I'll eat it.
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:47:26 PM

This is all ridiculous. I do not eat meat but I respect people who love eating any kind of animal product. Vegan activisim is going to wrong way. People must reapect their food choices. I do not support this kind of protests for sure.

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
Wiskeycrew

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:47:29 PM

Vegans are not gonna live long cause they lack whites and B12 vitamins
Pages: [1]
  Print