Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know this about the new Merit System?  (Read 198 times)
remedcu (OP)

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:24:23 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 11:25:31 AM by remedcu

Each one of us according to the rank has got x number of sMerit (Spendable Merit) which you can only spend on others.

As they say:

"You have X sendable merit (sMerit) which you can send to other people. There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future."

So go forward, and click "+Merit" in the upper right corner of this post to see how many Spendable Merit you have.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

And if you also didn't knew about this till now, send me a Merit  Wink
But why? *insert gif*

The meta section is flooded with merit posts since its release. To those who don't know this i suggest you guys read. Here's the original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:37:31 AM

And if you also didn't knew about this till now, send me a Merit  Wink
But why? *insert gif*

The meta section is flooded with merit posts since its release. To those who don't know this i suggest you guys read. Here's the original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

The last line of OP's post could be taken as merit farming by some...

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:54:41 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

this is such a stupid way to conjure some merits. i can't image how a Full member like you can create this shit. Remember, always bring your brain when on this forum.
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

But why? *insert gif*

If you see that post, you can see that there is nothing mentioned about individual users getting sMerits to spend on others. It is only mentioned in the infographics, which was not there before when I read it the day it published.

Just today when I was checking the Merit button, I saw this. So, thought that there maybe other members as well who didn't knew it.

The last line of OP's post could be taken as merit farming by some...

Theymos said in the post "Do not beg for merit excessively." And this is not begging. If you didn't knew this fact, you may/may not give me a merit. And if you knew, great find.

this is such a stupid way to conjure some merits. i can't image how a Full member like you can create this shit. Remember, always bring your brain when on this forum.

The above swearing doesn't surprise me why you are just a Jr. Member.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:11:29 AM

The above swearing doesn't surprise me why you are just a Jr. Member.

I gave him a merit because I don't think his being a Jr. Member is relevant.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

Ofcourse, his being a Jr. Member is not relevant. But I think swearing is ok with you. Cool...
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

Updated the post with just the info for those who didn't knew about sMerit
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:28:44 AM

Each one of us according to the rank has got x number of sMerit (Spendable Merit) which you can only spend on others.

As they say:

"You have X sendable merit (sMerit) which you can send to other people. There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future."

So go forward, and click "+Merit" in the upper right corner of this post to see how many Spendable Merit you have.

And if you also didn't knew about this till now, send me a Merit  Wink

More of the 'Full Member rank who can not go to Sr. Member in time because of merit system' rants. In my opinion, you deserve the swearing from a Jr. Member because you are a full member but didn't even consider that making this post will make you look like a dumb person, because there is already official thread about merit from Theymos. I am even surprised of the fact that a Full Member rank making a thread that is only have a little information about merit points in it while there is a thread about all information for merit point system rather than seeing a Jr. Member swearing to higher rank then him/her.

And I can see clearly there is something mentioned about individual users get sMerit to spend on others on the thread.
For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.
Learn to read till the end of the post.
cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:37:04 AM

~
This is one of setbacks of the merit system. There are lots of higher-ranked users who are simply and only be those ranks by their tons of shitty-posts in the past before the launch of merit system. They, of course, do not deserve for their current higher-ranks.

Nevertheless, I also believe that we can go back to fix the drawback. I dont remember the exact day of launching the system, but if it (mostly not occur in the future) will be fixed, back to that day, then a lot of users will send requests, ask for considering their cases (which would been ranked up 1, 2 or 3 days after the launching day of merit system). Then situation will become very complicated, the forum will be flooded with tons of complaining, crying threads which are off-topic, extremely low-quality. Their stories will likely never ended and it might be a terrible scenario for the forum.

I remember that I also read somewhere in the forum that the sort of solution only can be done if Theymos had backed up the forum system, and its data of all users before launching merit system. It seems to be un-realistic.
remedcu (OP)

Learner for Life!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:37:39 AM

Well, I think correcting once mistake is not enough in this forum. I already told that I removed the line. I cannot remove the post. What more do you need me to do?
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

As they say:

Too bad most people won't give a single merit. Out of all the merits been given to us to give to others how many do you think are left. I'll be surprised if even 20% of the merits were used. People here are only fixated on negativity. Green trust was never given it often and red trust was thrown around like it was a game. You think people want to do nice things for one another when they ant even get the trust system right? I mean you don't even have a single merit point. How does it make you feel? It makes me feel demotivated AF. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Arif_sg

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:35:31 AM

As they say:

Too bad most people won't give a single merit. Out of all the merits been given to us to give to others how many do you think are left. I'll be surprised if even 20% of the merits were used. People here are only fixated on negativity. Green trust was never given it often and red trust was thrown around like it was a game. You think people want to do nice things for one another when they ant even get the trust system right? I mean you don't even have a single merit point. How does it make you feel? It makes me feel demotivated AF. I'm sure I'm not alone.
It is true, verry difficult to get a riwalt but with a night spirit and make a quality treatment we will be given a riward to someone.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:47:59 AM

As they say:

You're not alone, I feel you also. We just need to accept this fact that it would take more years for us to rank up. We just need to go with the flow and just hope someone would appreciate our efforts in posting. But its better this way we are not in hurry to rank up. Our knowledge will grow more and more and that is the time we deserve to rank up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: