Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:41:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Money  (Read 208 times)
Ownee (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

How exactly does the money making process work?  You buy some cryptocurrency for a certain price then sell it for a higher price and the difference is the money you've made?  This would mean that the money you've made is still in terms of cryptocurrency.  Then can that money be converted into the whatever kind of cash your country uses?  How does it work?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

How exactly does the money making process work?  You buy some cryptocurrency for a certain price then sell it for a higher price and the difference is the money you've made?  This would mean that the money you've made is still in terms of cryptocurrency.  Then can that money be converted into the whatever kind of cash your country uses?  How does it work?

Depends on the Country if there is a local exchange for BTC to their local currency but if there's none, there are other ways to cash out you BTC since USD is acceptable world wide. There are exchange sites out there that accepts BTC to be converted to USD, then USD to Western Union, Money Gram or Paypal.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

You have got the idea right. The process really depends if you are in for the long haul or just want to make the most of the hype situation that is going on in crypto right now. For me I am trying to accumulate as many bitcoins as I can till it really hits mainstream, for me that is 1 btc = 100,000 USD atleast. This is when I will take the money out and maybe invest in metals.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

You can only earn money in the form of USD because the price of cryotocurrency is not stable and change too often so when you buy low and sell high which means yiu made money from cryotocurrency.But you can't grow your cryptos it will be as it is that how much you bought it.
Asiong

Activity: 10
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:04:16 PM
Merited by sotoshihero (3), ace4549 (2)

Trading or investing in cryptocurrencies doesnt work just like that,you need to do a lot of research first so you can choose which coins would give you a lot of gains in the future,you need to eliminate most of the shitty coins in the market,theres a lot to be consider like the coin's working product/services does it has any use to the real world? development team should be good so they can achieve their plans whether it is short or long term plans,this is not a buy and sell investment you need to familiarize how the market works,and how these fundamental and technical analysis can be a big factor to coin's price improvements,do not focus in making money instead how to learn things most of the basics things you need to know.

Converting your cryptocurrency assets to a fiat currency would be more easier when you convert your altcoins to bitcoin or ethereum first.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:06:39 PM

Buy bitcoin ethereum or any major currency  from local exchange of your country send it exchange trade it using that crypto currency let’s say bitcoin and sell it for bitcoin profit that’s how money making process works.
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:20:25 PM

Basically you can just buy the two big coins aka bitcoin and ethereum and just hold them for a long time hoping for big price increases during 2018 like many people do, you can also do the same with alt coins, even though it is more riskier but can be more profitable since some of them 3x-10x in small amounts of time. If you're not interested in holding you can simply day trade bitcoin for alt coins and the other way around. The principle is buying low selling high like you said, but in order to do that successfully you need to learn technical analysis, watch youtube videos/research about it, it's hard to be successful at it though.

Usually people use coinbase to obtain bitcoin with fiat, most likely by bank transfers. So when you wanna sell your crypto you do the same process as you did when you bough just the reverse of it.

berrygood

Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:27:44 PM

It depends on how you calculate your profit? in btc or usd. I personally calculate my profit in usd, now in btc most people trading altcoins have no profit.

Auralea

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:34:46 PM

If I were you or anyone else in the cryptosphere right now I would not be focussed on making money through investing. I think it is way more appealing to figure out a use case of cryptocurrencies that is close to you and expand on that instead of just investing. If you can make a website, go do webdesign or make your own webshop that accepts crypto. If you see a perfect use case for blockchain or crypto in your home country, go for that! I don't want people to get disillusioned by blockchain and crypto just because most people lose money on investing in it. Try to think of another way to incorporate crypto into your life. Even telling people about it in a small country not really up to speed yet should be able to make you some money. I hope anyone finds something of value in these remarks.

Greets,

Auralea
Sexton

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:35:44 PM

Cryptocurrency trading doesnt work like that you need to be familiar with the coin you are investing to,because there are thousands of shitcoins out there and you might pick those and thats your end,you will lose a lot of money.Cashing out would be easier when you converted your alts into major coins like bitcoin and ethereum,you can convert these two into usd,then convert your usd to your local currency.
Nariza

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:44:12 PM

Yes. Some are buying crypto currency in a low price and sell it into higher price to gain profit. It depends on your country because there are some markets exchanges allowed to trade your coins and cash out your money.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

If you are trading altcoins, it should be traded to bitcoins first before it is converted to fiat currency. Depending on which country you are in there should be like online wallets wherein they buy your bitcoin and exchange you directly with fiat currency depending on what is their current buying rate. Also check if they accept other alts such as ETH directly to fiat currency and that is the time you can take out your profit as cash.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
LeroyBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:07:51 PM

Speaking of money, how/when do you guys decide to cash out? If ever? Is it worth it usually or are the fees super high?

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
kristii

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:10:03 PM

Cashing profits is one of the most difficult and intricate issues that depends heavily
 on the laws of your country, as well as on the way in which you want to withdraw funds.
kennyy2929

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:13:30 PM

what you are describing is trading, some people do trading to accumulate more and more bitcoin, and then when bitcoin hit for example 1BTC = 20k usd, then they withdraw it to USD, so that's how you make money.

but trading will be risky and you might lost you coin, so be aware if you wanna do trading.

another way is you buy in some coins let's say 1BTC at 10k usd, and you do not trade it and just hold for 3 years, bitcoin rises to 1btc to 30k usd, so in two years you have earned 20k and you withdraw when you want it. BUT there is no guarantee that you earn in two years, if let's say you but an alt coin, it can crash and dissapear.

BITCONNECT is very good example for crashed. it once go up to 4xxusd, but bitconnect shut down and it's now lower than 10usd and so many people losing their money.

so u need to do a good research about the coin you wanna hold.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:50:33 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 06:10:51 AM by sotoshihero

How exactly does the money making process work?  You buy some cryptocurrency for a certain price then sell it for a higher price and the difference is the money you've made?  This would mean that the money you've made is still in terms of cryptocurrency.  Then can that money be converted into the whatever kind of cash your country uses?  How does it work?

Trading or investing in cryptocurrencies doesnt work just like that,you need to do a lot of research first so you can choose which coins would give you a lot of gains in the future,you need to eliminate most of the shitty coins in the market,theres a lot to be consider like the coin's working product/services does it has any use to the real world? development team should be good so they can achieve their plans whether it is short or long term plans,this is not a buy and sell investment you need to familiarize how the market works,and how these fundamental and technical analysis can be a big factor to coin's price improvements,do not focus in making money instead how to learn things most of the basics things you need to know.

Converting your cryptocurrency assets to a fiat currency would be more easier when you convert your altcoins to bitcoin or ethereum first.

Nice info...Actually I am.also looking for ICO's to possibly invest and trade.Trading is one way to gain or earn in cryptocurrency.Another one is through joining campaigns. When you convert your crypto to btc,its easy now to be converted to fiat in your local exchanges.So far most are using localbitcoins afaik. You may opted also for  local meetups but be careful it is very risky.
Boybugwal760820

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:03:22 AM

Well my version of making money here is quite different from others because in order for me to buy altcoins or any crypto currency is at first I have to join a lot of crypto currency paying activities and also a lot of AIRDROPS so that if I am payed by them in the form of cryptocurrency or tokens, I will convert those tokens or crypto currency into a real money and then invest them again into those low value crypto currency and wait for the time until those crypto currency that you had invested will increase its market values again.
Matrond

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

Yes once the value of the cryptocurrency which you are holding goes up, you have the potential to make money. The only way you can secure that added value is by converting it back into Fiat via an exchange.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:17:54 AM

Buy low, sell high. It means whenever there is a dip on the prices of your target coin, you buy it (wallet or exchanger) and wait for it to rise again to have your profit. You can withdraw a portion of your profit and convert it on fiat via some btc to local currency exchangers. Since everything depends on the country, I think it is for you to find out how to convert crypto currency to local money.
felipe04

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:29:45 AM

Actually i think of it like that OP if some users earn money in crypto and some also got lose here too but i really don't understand so i continue to believe we always earn here and have benefits to every users of it because if you lose here of course you will leave in crypto,I think also the best example of this are china and korea because they leave crypto because it's not good for their economy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: