Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeston GPU manufacturer  (Read 242 times)
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:53:12 AM

Yeston is a Chinese GPU manufacturer and they build both nvidia & radeon graphic cards.

Are any of you guys using their graphic cards? Have you had any issues with them?
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

A friend on mine has the RX 570 from them it works no issues. Cooling isn't as good as your regular brands so you need to key an eye on it but it does the job
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

I bought a large amount of their cards years ago and have regretted it ever since. Their 6990s had a tendency to suddenly catch fire while supposedly running at low temps. I resold a batch of 5870s and had to eat a significant loss on them.

Name brand stuff in China is generally ok but the "local" brands don't live up to anyone's expectations.

Unless they've done something massive to overhaul their quality, I'd stay well away from them.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
zumili

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:55:55 AM

Never heared about them, maybe this company uses second or third choice chips for their cards. So they will not be as performant then others, but I say maybe! So if you can get one cheap I would simply try it out and let us now Smiley Maybe some other people here in the forum have some experiences with these kind of cards?!
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:56:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The price is not that low to take a risk on them. I saw them in stock so, wondered if they're worth the money.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

There are varying levels of quality even in the counterfeit goods markets ... Lol.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:08:22 PM

Is there any issues the compatibility with the Chinese version and using windows 10?  Linux probably works fine but I wasnt sure if there were any drivers that may have issues running or installing on Windows.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:16:37 PM

Is there any issues the compatibility with the Chinese version and using windows 10?  Linux probably works fine but I wasnt sure if there were any drivers that may have issues running or installing on Windows.

It gets picked up as a generic AMD card depending on which model the chipset is still the same just the design is different (worse) unfortunately the sub standard manufacturing leads to some issues sometimes
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:26:20 PM

It gets picked up as a generic AMD card depending on which model the chipset is still the same just the design is different (worse) unfortunately the sub standard manufacturing leads to some issues sometimes

There are good things that come out of China, but as a US resident, I just use extreme caution.  Brand name stuff is 100% no go for me, if the source has not been vetted and verified.  There is way too much counterfieting going on over there.

And then the non/no name-branded unknown stuff is just a crap shoot.  It's either low quality or straight up does not work like you think it's going to.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: