Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Chinese New Year affecting crypto?  (Read 143 times)
slothtrooper (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:40:00 AM

It is almost Chinese New Year, next year is the year of the Dog, this is a bad year for Dragons.  As the Dragon is one of the most preferred years to be born in a large portion of the Chinese population are born under this sign. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16589052

Guessing a large portion of Dragons have withdrew their funds from cryptocurrencies.

Yes this all sounds like crazy shit to people in the West, I will let the hot Chinese woman explain more. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/shaolan_the_chinese_zodiac_explained

Almost all horoscope state a similar thing

"When it comes to investment, you should give priority to the prudent capital preservation strategy and keep away from the high-interest and high-risk products or investments"

https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/horoscope/dragon/yearly-2018.htm

How much of an impact is this having on crypto currencies ?

2019 is predicted to be extremely profitable year for Dragons, is 2018 the year of purchase low, hold until a large portion of the Chinese population re enter the market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bttcoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:45:27 AM

I think there will be an impact. During the Spring Festival in China, people will sell some of the coins to cash in for their entertainment. But the specific impact is hard to predict because of the poor numbers, but a large number of Chinese may join the cryptocurrency world by 2018 because they think bitcoin is profitable.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:53:11 AM

The OP makes sense. Chinese and Asians in general, have strong belief in the yearly horoscope.
I am cautiously optimistic the way the market currently moves. ICO's are currently the only place where people can make a good make or brake at this time.

Good luck to everyone in the coming Year of the Dog!
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

This was talked about already, usually when the chinese year happens there's a drawback on the crypto market, probably due to the fact that they need fiat to pay for all the things that are going to happen, like presents and travelling...

ChickenDuck

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:00:01 AM

BTC is crash again. Seems Chinese people sell for their new year!

It is almost Chinese New Year, next year is the year of the Dog, this is a bad year for Dragons.  As the Dragon is one of the most preferred years to be born in a large portion of the Chinese population are born under this sign. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16589052

Guessing a large portion of Dragons have withdrew their funds from cryptocurrencies.

Yes this all sounds like crazy shit to people in the West, I will let the hot Chinese woman explain more. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/shaolan_the_chinese_zodiac_explained

Almost all horoscope state a similar thing

"When it comes to investment, you should give priority to the prudent capital preservation strategy and keep away from the high-interest and high-risk products or investments"

https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/horoscope/dragon/yearly-2018.htm

How much of an impact is this having on crypto currencies ?

2019 is predicted to be extremely profitable year for Dragons, is 2018 the year of purchase low, hold until a large portion of the Chinese population re enter the market?

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:51:41 AM

For me, I dont believe that it is the new year that is affecting crypto based on some series of events that are currently happening or that have happened.

1.The price of bitcoin has been falling since last year, I wonder how many new years the Chinese will be doing if they are the one responsible for fall in price.

2. The Chinese people no longer controls the market in the crypto world as before with the series of regulations and bans that they implemented, their dominance of the crypto world for their new year anniversary to start affecting the direction of things.

3. Anniversary come and go but bitcoin price is not a respecter of feelings and opinions. As they are celebrating in China, other people are mourning in some other place of the world, some others are preparing for world cup while others are preparing for elections.
slothtrooper (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:58:11 AM

This was talked about already, usually when the chinese year happens there's a drawback on the crypto market, probably due to the fact that they need fiat to pay for all the things that are going to happen, like presents and travelling...

Yes but the prediction states that dragons should avoid high risk investments for the whole of 2018, not just for the holiday period.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

For me, I dont believe that it is the new year that is affecting crypto based on some series of events that are currently happening or that have happened.

1.The price of bitcoin has been falling since last year, I wonder how many new years the Chinese will be doing if they are the one responsible for fall in price.

2. The Chinese people no longer controls the market in the crypto world as before with the series of regulations and bans that they implemented, their dominance of the crypto world for their new year anniversary to start affecting the direction of things.

3. Anniversary come and go but bitcoin price is not a respecter of feelings and opinions. As they are celebrating in China, other people are mourning in some other place of the world, some others are preparing for world cup while others are preparing for elections.

Yes, and the price will come back up once the market sways towards everyone else and it will become fairer since before most miners were from China, now at least the smaller miners can get a chance because they not competing with the huge Chinese farms.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: