Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in ICO & Trading account  (Read 297 times)
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

I couldnt disagree KYC is a weird thing to do in a decentralized community like ours,its morelikely being used to gather some informations about the users,and someday you will just be suprised that your identity were stolen,or were used to a criminal activities.There will be always a negative impact to users with these so called medium for more fair ICO investments.

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

Doing KYC is not suppose to be an issue. I am just concerned about the privacy of the information we are given them. Cryptocurrency was supposed to be anonymous and decentralize, but this KYC thing is going against it.
Technically cryptocurrency is still anonymous and decentralize the only thing that reverts the said features are the third-party entities like online exchanges, wallets, and ICO's the rest if they're requiring your info without the mandate requirement of KYC is a scam or identity thieves.

Now more and more bounty companies are introducing KYC. I think that soon it will be present in all the bounty companies. All investors have long been obliged to pass KYC.
most of the ICO in the present requires their investors to comply with the KYC policy if they are from the USA and other countries who are requiring this to join with the ICO's the rest are all anonymous users.

Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:48:23 PM

In the ICO that I've registered on for the public sale, they do have KYC, which to me is a good thing since they can  erify their investors. It's not entirely necessart actually unless you wanna be secured on who's buying the coins that you're offering. It kinda also makes the investor feel secure for me since they know they need to verify themselves to the team. Unless they're unlikely to be known at all, it's still a good practice to do it.

The ICO I joined BTW is Legolas, which currently hold their first public sale today. You can check it out through my signature. Smiley KYC is implemented though upon registration. Smiley

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

South Korea has established regulations that every Crypto trading account should have a complete KYC. In my opinion initial coin offerings should also have KYC for every investor to be regulation compliant. Thus, terror financing will reduce to a great extent through cryptocurrency.

KYC actually has a point as well because we can find out who participated in ICO which was launched otherwise it will make usage of ICO to increase the profit of irresponsible person. but there is a downside as well, from our KYC privacy is disrupted because of the identity we have in the hands of those ICO makers.
Junglee

Activity: 142
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:59:18 PM

When I joined the crypto world last year, there was no KYC.
It was still anonymous and it also have some problems/abuse as well:
1. Some individuals will create multiple accounts to buy lots of tokens in ICO's/TGE.
2. You can create accounts on any exchange, no KYC, just email. Still anonymous (Some are still anonymous though if you use a small amount to trade or take out)

It's just that more regulations from  goverment and financial institutions as they would want to track everyone in crypto as well  Sad Angry

For me:
- Buy ICO : I want KYC, it will make my investment safe and I do not wait for any refund because of regulations
- For Exchange: I do want KYC because the local government can track the profit and take the tax

Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

There is a positive value of the rules that require completion of the KYC form ..Application of Know Your Customer Principles or more commonly known as Know Your Customer. is based on the consideration that KYC is not only important in the context of combating money laundering, but also in the framework of implementing systems owned by all institution.
pawanjain

Activity: 2730
Merit: 721

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:24:30 PM

South Korea has established regulations that every Crypto trading account should have a complete KYC. In my opinion initial coin offerings should also have KYC for every investor to be regulation compliant. Thus, terror financing will reduce to a great extent through cryptocurrency.
That's a good initiative they have taken since this might stop many criminal activities. I believe not only the customers but also the creators and developers of the particular ICO should have KYC documents submitted to some trusted authorities since this will show their genuity and will give the investors a better insight about the people they are going to give their money to. Although this a tough thing to do since a trusted authority will mean that it will be a centralized processed but the necessary steps similar to this should definitely be taken.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:37:47 PM

I think this should not apply to participants with bounty . There's nothing wrong with that investors will complete the verification and confirmation of his personality. Another question, is a cryptocurrency and all expected her anonymity . But time does not stand still, and we see that more and more States are taking the blockchain and cryptocurrency to a new era of digital economy. If you look globally, we can't do without checking this could cause even more chaos in the world. At the moment I pass KYC 2 ICO and I do not see this disaster!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

KYC is a good step, it will make ICO’S more secure & trust will developed.
I think no one will be scared to invest in ICO’S; they have a security in the shape of KYC.
Might possible slowly KYC will compulsory to all Bounty campaigns.
shova1

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

I've already passed KYC in 1 airdrop and got promised tokens, no problem for me.
preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:04:07 PM

That is a step which could have come lot earlier but now that the frauds cases have gone high,it was about to come and i am glad that it has come.See KYC for ICO is also necessary and will come with time but money involved in trading account account is lot higher than ICO and if we look at the bigger picture it is a positive step and a necessary one.Lot of frauds will be reduced both by consumer as well as trading sites as government will have an eye on them.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:13:05 PM

Terror financing is just an alibi of the government to halt cryptocurrency because terrorist are wise and they know that although cyptocurrency is an anonymous transaction, it can still be trace. I don't agree in KYC for ICO because the documents that you submit to the ICO might fall in the wrong hand and could use it in illegal activities or sell your information in the dark market.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:55:33 PM

Almost all the ICO are doing KYC now. It's the recent regulation in crypto to regulate AML which is the major concern for the mot of the country.
Britanshio

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:20:53 AM

My opinion KYC is good but I think It can reduce for participants to joined the comapaigns.Not all participants has KYC for verification so if this is implemented I much sure for 99% participants It can lock down to maybe 60%.But it's okay for me the important is I'm here willing to participate
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:29:50 AM

I think KYC in ICO and trading account is good for development of cryptocurrency market, this is to avoid money laundry and other ilegal action. With KYC could be some fraud activity using crypto can minimize and finally crypto will be more popular because regulation complaince.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

You guys promoting KYC like it's a good thing have got to be paid government shills.

If your a real human and not a govt official let me tell you what your doing by filling these things out.

- Giving your personal information online to unknown people.  Your sending in your passports over the internet.  That alone is nuts.
- The main point of crypto is it's anonymous nature.  Your defeating the entire point of crypto by creating a trend that directly goes against the purpose of what your.

And you guys wanting to be protected from terrorists and calling for the government to protect you are pathetic.  There really is no other way to describe you.  

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:54:16 AM

I think KYC in ICO and trading account is good for development of cryptocurrency market, this is to avoid money laundry and other ilegal action. With KYC could be some fraud activity using crypto can minimize and finally crypto will be more popular because regulation complaince.

Well this is all for our own sake cause KYC can protect exchanges from the scammers or what so ever. Though cryptocurrency really made for a decentralized market but I think because of greedy people we still need to be regulated. Don't worry if you give your details on exchange cause I believe its still safe but think twice if you are giving too much information on any ICO or airdrop cause they might use your information to connect with your wallet.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:04:06 AM

Kyc is actually ruined the crypto currencies purpose but somehow there are something that can't be avoided, the government keep on forcing the exchanges to implement the regulation, I dont really agree I should give my data to ICO because it can be misused as I dont know the ICO is legit or not
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:36:36 AM

Although I also think the new ICO KYC information project need, if not that may face various problems such as money laundering, but current KYC information is still not safe, you sent the KYC information to ICO project term, however they may sell your information at any time, because there is no a good regulation.

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:37:58 AM

I think kyc and regulation is a good thing and we have seen that it is being implemented in all sorts of crypto projects, this will really help in legalization and mass adoption of crypto markets.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: