Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:55:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is not a legal tender in India  (Read 413 times)
zombies (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:00 AM

https://qz.com/1195316/budget-2018-busts-bitcoin-arun-jaitley-has-just-killed-indias-cryptocurrency-party/amp/

Another nail in the cofin. More countries to follow. Its happening faster than I thought and market is collapsing like nine pins after this news. Where are those HODL people? ROFL

HODL HODL HODL ROFL ROFL ROFL
zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:22:44 AM

Get out with minimum losses.
Kirja

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

Its same like ban of south korean cryptoexchanges. Whales only trying to cashout weak hands. In real, this has no real damage to cryptoworld. I think what is more dangerous is the amout of worthless ICOs. People should awoid investing in them and rather put money in proven coins.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:36:33 AM

https://qz.com/1195316/budget-2018-busts-bitcoin-arun-jaitley-has-just-killed-indias-cryptocurrency-party/amp/

Another nail in the cofin. More countries to follow. Its happening faster than I thought and market is collapsing like nine pins after this news. Where are those HODL people? ROFL

Why you FUD? OK, I will try to explain to all people not capable of understanding written text:

Finance minster Arun Jaitley, in his budget speech today (Feb. 01), stated that the government will do everything to discontinue the use of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in India. He reiterated that India does not recognise them as legal tender and will instead encourage blockchain technology in payment systems.

“The government does not recognise cryptocurrency as legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate the use of these cryptoassets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payments system,” Jaitley said.

the government will do everything to discontinue the use of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in India

Oh nice, he stated that in some speech. I don't know what is the exact government type in India (parliament democracy?) but here is what he has to do in order to "ban bitcoin and other altcoins":
1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted
3) Possibly get signed by president

Ah well, we are at least half a year from point that this would happen. The thing which you have posted is NOT a law. It is just a statement of a minister (similar to Donald Trump twitter posts I would say) and a lot of work will have to be done in order to legally embed that into the India legal framework.

It is possible that the final law will not be that strict and maybe you will just have to register yourself to avoid usage of cryptocurrency to money laundering or I don't know. We have VPNs, privacy coins, even TOR-enabled coins like xspec. Anyone who wants to use cryptocurrencies for illegal activities simply can and no India law can make it impossible for them.

I don't believe they are so stupid that they would ban cryptocurrencies completely. Crypto can become a significant money income from taxes to nations. They just need to understand it.
zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

Why you FUD? OK, I will try to explain to all people not capable of understanding written text:

Finance minster Arun Jaitley, in his budget speech today (Feb. 01), stated that the government will do everything to discontinue the use of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in India. He reiterated that India does not recognise them as legal tender and will instead encourage blockchain technology in payment systems.

“The government does not recognise cryptocurrency as legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate the use of these cryptoassets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payments system,” Jaitley said.

the government will do everything to discontinue the use of bitcoin and other virtual currencies in India

Oh nice, he stated that in some speech. I don't know what is the exact government type in India (parliament democracy?) but here is what he has to do in order to "ban bitcoin and other altcoins":
1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted

Ah well, we are at least half a year from point that this would happen. The thing which you have posted is NOT a law. It is just a statement of a minister (similar to Donald Trump twitter posts I would say) and a lot of work will have to be done in order to legally embed that into the India legal framework.

It is possible that the final law will not be that strict and maybe you will just have to register yourself to avoid usage of cryptocurrency to money laundering or I don't know. We have VPNs, privacy coins, even TOR-enabled coins like xspec. Anyone who wants to use cryptocurrencies for illegal activities simply can and no India law can make it impossible for them.

I don't believe they are so stupid that they would ban cryptocurrencies completely. Crypto can become a significant money income from taxes to nations. They just need to understand it.

LOL, really. He stated clearly that they will do everything to ban crypto.

If they want they can bring the bill overnight.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:43:20 AM

1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted

Even if they did - India is 10% of bitcoin market, not 90%. All those coins will get either lost or transfered to owners in other countries and the market would continue without India. Strongest players in the market like Korea stay in the market and their representatives confirmed that. Get a life man ;-), 95+% of your posts are pure FUD.
zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:46:27 AM

1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted

Even if they did - India is 10% of bitcoin market, not 90%. All those coins will get either lost or transfered to owners in other countries and the market would continue without India. Strongest players in the market like Korea stay in the market and their representatives confirmed that. Get a life man ;-), 95+% of your posts are pure FUD.

Seriously, you people must get a life. Depending your life on cryptos.

India is a huge player in crypto market and more countries will follow India. Its over.
guneytasyurek

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:59:36 AM

Stop talking shit ,you keep opening new post with useless information. 10 percent of india does nothing . Go play out of this forum.Here is your post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2862159.msg29373873#msg29373873

1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted

India is a huge player in crypto market and more countries will follow India. Its over.
Ayertosco

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:01:30 AM

1) Prepare the law
2) Get the law accepted

No.
kpatel

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

full detail what Indian finance Minister says
link : - https://www.ccn.com/india-signals-crackdown-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-usage/
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:03:37 AM

Your post is nothing but you are trying to create FUD, we should be clear that crypto cannot be banned, it will continue, it is just manipulation at the moment and nothing else, soon market will be back on track.

zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:08:27 AM

full detail what Indian finance Minister says
link : - https://www.ccn.com/india-signals-crackdown-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-usage/
What do you wanna say?

He clearly stated in his speech, they will do anything to stop crypto.
kpatel

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

there is no indication of any curbs upon buying and selling of cryptocurrencies through exchanges in india at this movment
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:25:19 AM

Well, at least we should be thankful that a lot of countries all over the globe are still tolerating the use of cryptocurrency coins in their country, in which it could still be something we could look forward, stop being so negative mate and why not take the opportunity while the price is low for some coins and buy it.

zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:30:36 AM

there is no indication of any curbs upon buying and selling of cryptocurrencies through exchanges in india at this movment

In a month there will be.

I will lift this post when it happens. Get ready for it.
kpatel

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

i m not saying that they are not ban it. but its take time
zombies (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:43:03 AM

i m not saying that they are not ban it. its take time

They can even do it overnight where you will be stuck with your assets from their freezed bank accounts. Act smart.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 01:36:39 PM by preshpr1nce

Another post by this guy? we need a health check or something to post on this forum.
Even if you are correct, which you are not, you couldn't be any more wrong with you recent posts, to ROFL ROFL ROFL at people losing money just sums up your character, absolute peanut.

Let's look at this

As compared to other countries like the US, the UK and China where the total Bitcoin trade value is around Rs. 10,000 crore per day, India still lags at Rs 500 crore (per year) with 700-800 Bitcoin traded every day.

I've given up trying to find an article I read last month, but it also stated Australia (a country with just over 20 million people) has a higher BTC volume than India.
Between US, UK and China combined you have 200x the trade volume of India.

Even if India bans crypto, it's not going to change anything.
As long as the USA keeps it legal it'll continue to grow, if it were banned in my country I would still trade and just go on a holiday to cash out.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:10:44 PM

It is even more disturbing now to see people in the space helping these government to spread their FUD, because it is not legal tender in India doesn't mean another country won't accept it, Japan is one of the first country to warm their heart to Crypto and that has not changed, this is the future whether you like it or not.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:37:21 PM

It is even more disturbing now to see people in the space helping these government to spread their FUD, because it is not legal tender in India doesn't mean another country won't accept it, Japan is one of the first country to warm their heart to Crypto and that has not changed, this is the future whether you like it or not.
Maybe OP is buying bitcoin at ATH in the last few months and recently dumping all his bitcoin because he's too scared. Now he tries to buy Bitcoin lower by spreading FUD. Grin
Team HODL HODL HODL
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: