Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Mobile  (Read 3763 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:57:17 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 12:06:39 PM by barwizi

I am thinking of making a Android app to monitor cryptsy prices and trades. for security reasons it will not be able to make trades. However at users discretion i could add the option as add on. Anyone else feel it's time they could monitor via mobile app?

EDIT:

So here's what i have come up with

Cryptsy Mobile App

• View Markets
  • View balances, withdraw
  • Graphs (maybe)

Optional

• Post trades
  • Chat

Adjustable settings are which markets to display under BTC and LTC, maybe view traded volumes.

Each copy will only activate after authentication and if i get vern to agree, when it makes a call, it will cross check the validity of the copy. Sorry guys but i'll probably have to pay someone along the way for help in getting this to actually work.

So the hurdles are

Battery saving
Bandwidth use
User friendly layout
Security (we all know android)
iOS
integrating the trade bot
Figuring a way to deal with the Graphs, perhaps use a different one that is more mobile screen friendly.

I am hoping to get this on Google Play. I'll keep updating on progress but don't expect immediate results, i am new to this platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metatron

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:59:03 AM

Yes pls.

Should be better and easier than loading it in Chrome!

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
lonesoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:11:47 AM

This sounds like a cracking idea! As an IPhone user would love to see the equivalent for the iphone as well.

Would be great to have an app to view things properly, it is a really pain in the bum to try scrolling the graphs on cryptsy on an iphone ;-) so any development in the ability to monitor our holdings would be great imo

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Stuart

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:26:54 AM

Good idea.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:54:07 AM

i am not sure about the graphs, but i had thought of a simple way of displaying things. The main concerns are Balances, Trades and the Markets. if i can i'll add a menu for the graphs, but i think i'll have to translate them into a format that is easily visible on 4" screens. after reading more on this, i have realised that this could be a battery intensive app since it makes use of the screen a lot, so i'm thinking of incorporating a ticker. You'll have to select the markets you want to watch, and it will notify you if any of your trades are completed. There is a trade bot for Android but i think it is too battery and network intensive to try mobile trading.
Metatron

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:06:50 AM

i am not sure about the graphs, but i had thought of a simple way of displaying things. The main concerns are Balances, Trades and the Markets. if i can i'll add a menu for the graphs, but i think i'll have to translate them into a format that is easily visible on 4" screens. after reading more on this, i have realised that this could be a battery intensive app since it makes use of the screen a lot, so i'm thinking of incorporating a ticker. You'll have to select the markets you want to watch, and it will notify you if any of your trades are completed. There is a trade bot for Android but i think it is too battery and network intensive to try mobile trading.

You can add a simple widget for Android to show the ticker updates...

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:10:52 AM

Have you done any programming on this platform before?
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 11:33:58 AM

that is what I am waiting for since over 2 months.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:36:09 AM

Yes, do it for iPhones aswell Smiley

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:38:41 AM

ok, i have a clear idea of the objectives. i am updating the OP.
Metatron

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:52:56 AM

No I'm not a programmer, but I wish I was lol  Grin

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:56:42 AM

No I'm not a programmer, but I wish I was lol  Grin

i've asked two guys so far and they are asking too much. I want this to be a secure app so i want to avoid saving any data on the device. I am going to consult with vern and bitjohn about security and some features.
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 12:10:28 PM

since i know nothing about json, but had absolutely no Problem with php api's
i woul really preciate some simple php code snippets, to display the Currency Pair Stats exp. BTC/WDC
and because i dont want to use my private key to fetch the data, but had my Struggle with Cryptsy API
and because i haven't found the Time to look/learn into json (but it's probably Time to do so)

to implement Trading Feature would be nice, and when i look at the GOX App the Stakes arent't that high.

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:35:22 PM

since i know nothing about json, but had absolutely no Problem with php api's
i woul really preciate some simple php code snippets, to display the Currency Pair Stats exp. BTC/WDC
and because i dont want to use my private key to fetch the data, but had my Struggle with Cryptsy API
and because i haven't found the Time to look/learn into json (but it's probably Time to do so)

to implement Trading Feature would be nice, and when i look at the GOX App the Stakes arent't that high.

The issue is in order to trade you need to log on, android has security issues. Worse of for those who want to integrate the full suit including the trading bot, they'll need to use their private key.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:27:13 PM

If anyone can help, please pm me.
italoarmstrong

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

hey,

i'm already building something like this for iOS (early stages) was for my own personal use... but if others are interested, we can make it a community effort...

We can still make it secure.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

pm me
abwaters

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:36:23 PM

Any status updates on this?
pfonseca

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:12:52 PM

Apparently we have overlapped some efforts on this one Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403362.msg4363944#msg4363944

Pedro
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

lol, i gave up. noone expressed a will to work with me and i'm too busy to go it alone.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: