Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrencies in effort to fight scams.  (Read 142 times)
lyledark10 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:42:06 PM
Merited by Choii (1)

The social media giant said it is barring ads for "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, and cryptocurrency."

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/01/31/18/facebook-bans-ads-for-cryptocurrencies
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

The social media giant said it is barring ads for "financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, and cryptocurrency."

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/01/31/18/facebook-bans-ads-for-cryptocurrencies

I don't think it is action taken to reduce the scams because still anyone can post on facebook about the ICO or the crypto currencies.I think the facebook community want to retain their reputation among the people by not doing their paid promotion because many projects are turned into scams.
So it is not an effort to stop the scam ICOs they just want to stop getting involved any kind of scam project promotion.If they really want to stop the scams they completely have to ban any ads about crypto even by the users.
sean.maley

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:51:40 PM

I have seen it yesterday and it made me really upset. I just started to earn some money with facebook bounty campaigns and then facebook wants to ban those advertisements. I now scared to post anything because I don't want my facebook account to be blocked.

happycamper69

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:53:58 PM

Well there were info last year that Facebook is actually considering adding Litecoin as their payment method but this year fb went 360 to become anti cryptos.

But then again we know fb is more than happy to provide any of their user info and private pics, messages to CIA so in other words - fb sleeps with US government that is anti cryptos and anti ICOs.
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:20:10 PM

The ban on advertising of ICOs is a good move and it reflects only that FB wants to protect people from risky financial decisions. A lot of ICOs have merit, but a lot of them are risky at best, and well, some of them are scam all right.

On the other hand Facebook expressed that they will be researching blockchain and cryptocurrencies. I am even thinking that maybe the ban on ICO ads is one of the first results of that research. So I would think that they will be more into crypto with time. I wouldn't judge their approach to crypto based only on that one decision.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: