Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New kind of cpu mining 45ghz/s  (Read 500 times)
leprob01234567890 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

hello, every one i'm here to ask you guys a question so i 've got a friend who work in a special company that are desgining knew kinds of processor that cost nothing. I'm asking you if with those kind of new processor it could outdo GPU mining given that in 2014 they are working in a proccessor of 1k cores of 700HMz each which would give of about 1.2 TFlOPS per sec i can't really say more because it's not annouced officially. So what do you guys think could it replace GPU mining with even a lower cost because those processor only need 400w to fully operate. Thank you and tell me what you think.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:22:04 AM

They cost nothing? I'll take a boatload.  Cheesy
ZetaOS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:22:24 AM

hello, every one i'm here to ask you guys a question so i 've got a friend who work in a special company that are desgining knew kinds of processor that cost nothing. I'm asking you if with those kind of new processor it could outdo GPU mining given that in 2014 they are working in a proccessor of 1k cores of 700HMz each which would give of about 1.2 TFlOPS per sec i can't really say more because it's not annouced officially. So what do you guys think could it replace GPU mining with even a lower cost because those processor only need 400w to fully operate. Thank you and tell me what you think.

Your friend makes Asics..asics are cpu`s.

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:23:48 AM

Your friend makes Asics..asics are cpu`s.
CPU are multi-purposes processors and ASIC are application specific so they are not the same.
Jungleho

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:41:17 AM

Either you know something we don't, or your stupid. either way, there are devices coming out. BFL has released (or supposedly been released if your into conspiracy theories,) and could completely re-make the entire mining game. everything from 60-900 ghs. the stuff exists (supposedly) and it's nothing brand new.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:44:01 AM

hello, every one i'm here to ask you guys a question so i 've got a friend who work in a special company that are desgining knew kinds of processor that cost nothing.

Interesting. I believe these processor would be very good fit for my new kind of electricity that cost nothing.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:50:36 AM

His friend probably works for one of the MANY companies that make co-processors which are usually constructed as PCI cards. Many of them run at TFlop or more with a single chip.

Why can't they be used for mining? Well they can. But someone has to come up with the code to operate them. They do not function with the kinds of instruction sets that intel / AMD cpu do and they are not the same as CUDA or OpenCL.

Just google generic terms like 'co-processor solution -phi' and you'll find the kinds of companies I refer to. The Intel Xeon Phi is the ultimate example of a co-processor. It is probably the direction they took with their 70-core Polaris prototype they showed working at a few trade shows a few years ago. There should be a youtube videos of that CPU if you are interested..

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: