Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of unique cryptocurrencies  (Read 146 times)
NytHawk (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:07:17 PM
Merited by d5000 (1)

Sites like coinmarketcap are doing a good job listing cryptocurrencies by price, market-capitalization, and supply but unfortunately none of them provide a list of features offered by the listed cryptocurrencies. Since the time I got myself involved with cryptocurrencies, I have had to rely solely on search engines to gather such information. Unfortunately, search engines are only as good as the popularity of a given cryptocurrency. Search engines will not display hidden gems or sleeping giants. This is my attempt at solving that.

I am going to start off by listing two cryptocurrencies that are unique and not spin-offs of an existing popular cryptocurrency.

So please list your favorite cryptocurrencies which you believe are unique and mention the reasons. It doesn't matter if you even copy paste points from their official website. The cryptocurrency must be unique and not be a spin-off of an existing cryptocurrency even if it aims at solving a specific problem. And if there are a few such related cryptocurrencies, only list the most popular one by market-cap.

The purpose of this thread is to help with cryptocurrency discovery. The idea is that once all major cryptocurrencies are already listed, it will become difficult to add more. And that is when the hidden gems / sleep giants will start appearing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NytHawk (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:14:16 PM

NEO

What for?

• Its idea of creating a "smart economy" which will be based on Digital Assets + Digital Identity + Smart Contracts

Established Competitor:

Ethereum

Cardano

What for?

• Its development is based on a "scientific philosophy" and is being developed by academics and engineers.
  • Wants to balance the needs of users with those of regulators
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:25:48 PM

NANO (old raiBlocks)

What for?
  • instant, feeless, scalable transactions
  • each account has it's own blockchain , everybodies computer does a bit of work to make transactions free

Monero - XMR

What for?
  • secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency

Steem

What for?
  • blockchain based rewards platform, it's like reddit people upvote and you as user accumulate rewards from every upvote you receive
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6172

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:54:42 PM

There are some relatively recent threads related to the same topic. This effort seems decent, so I'm supporting it. OP, you should make sure to update the list regularly, so it doesn't fail like the previous efforts.

To get some inspiration:

Unique Blockchain Network (an idea to cooperate between unique blockchain projects - for now, "on hold" until I have more time. Contains a list of some coins worth including here.)

Unique coins (a list from 2017 that unfortunately wasn't updated anymore after some time, but is a good source).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NytHawk (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

Stellar

What for?

• Connecting banks, payment systems, and people.
  • Moving money quickly, reliably, and at almost no cost.

Uses:

• Remittance
  • Micropayments

IOTA

What for?

• Tangle - Blockless distributed leger which is scalable and lightweight.
  • Zero fee transactions

Features:

• Micropayments
  • Data Transfer
kennyy2929

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:30:47 PM

Centra CTR

Centra Tech has designed a multi-blockchain debit card that connects to a smart wallet that is safe, secure, and more importantly insured. Centra currently supports 8+ major cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, ERC20 Tokens, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Zcash, & Monero with more to come. Centra team designed a platform to create a global account solution for anyone who lack banking resources.

Centra Tech is also launching a platform called Coin Bay (www.cBay.io) which will be the world’s first Amazon style store that is designed to be cryptocurrency acceptable.

ARK

ARK is a decentralized ecosystem designed to increase user adoption of blockchain technology. The ARK Crew, self-named development team, has outlined clearly in their whitepaper that they plan on bringing blockchain to the masses by building “A Fast Secure Core Technology” with “Practical Services for Real People”.

i have some investment on these two coins. correct me if you think it's not good.
YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:41:24 PM

In addition to exchanges, information on cryptocurrencies and more detailed information can be found in cryptoencyclopedias, for example Bitcoinwiki.org.
My list of top cryptocurrencies:

- NEM (XEM)
- Stellar (XLM)
- IOTA (MIOTA)
- NEO (NEO)
- Siacoin (SC)
- Monero (XMR)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: