Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Flippening! Ethereum.  (Read 254 times)
cryptokwuk (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:17:11 PM

While everybody was waiting for Bitcoin Core to be overtaken by Bitcoin Cash, the real killer crypto is actually doing it.
Billions of capital are rapidly flowing out of Bitcoin Core, into Ethereum!

For years Ethereum has been known to be the successor of Bitcoin Core, the market is only now realizing it.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topper26

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:19:36 PM
Merited by haroldtee (1)

didn;t you say the same thing 7 mo ago, aint happening schill, mom is calling to get off her computer.
MiladMax

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:19:48 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 02:36:45 PM by MiladMax

LOL, kwuk is back
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:23:59 PM

157B vs 110B, they've never been so close indeed. Very interesting, seems BTC might lose its position as number 1. And since it already failed as a payment system, there will be no value left when ETH passes it
topper26

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:42:42 PM

157B vs 110B, they've never been so close indeed. Very interesting, seems BTC might lose its position as number 1. And since it already failed as a payment system, there will be no value left when ETH passes it

fake news

Aug 6 2017
bitcoin 53 billion
eth 24 billion

you all were saying the same thing then
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:43:20 PM

Well - Ethereum is gaining acceptance in odd places. Remember Venezuela saying they were going to launch their own petro cryptocurrency? Well, they're doing it on the Ethereum platform!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9knegp/the-venezuelan-government-is-doing-an-ethereum-token-sale-to-support-its-new-cryptocurrency-petro

Venezuela’s economy is in deep trouble. To dig itself out, on Tuesday the Venezuelan government unveiled its full plans for the Petro, a bespoke digital currency backed by the country’s oil resources.

The white paper reveals that prior to the Petro’s launch, Venezuela will create a token on the Ethereum blockchain and sell it. Tokens are not cryptocurrencies, like the Petro will be—they’re digital assets created out of thin air and their value is only whatever people are willing to pay for them.

Most token sales on Ethereum (events known as Initial Coin Offerings) are used to raise money to fund development, but the real fundraiser for Venezuela will be the public offering of Petro itself. Instead, according to the white paper, the token pre-sale “will promote and guarantee demand for the Petro Initial Offer, which will be made later.”

The idea seems to be that people will snap up tokens in order to trade them in for Petros later, when those go on sale. The “reference sale price” for the tokens will be the same as Petro—$60—but discounts will be applied to promote token ownership, and in return Petro. Basically, it’s guaranteeing demand for the Petro by manufacturing a financial incentive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
sjefdeklerk

Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:48:22 PM

fake news

Aug 6 2017
bitcoin 53 billion
eth 24 billion

LOL missed some math classes at kindergarten?
Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:08:31 PM

fake news

Aug 6 2017
bitcoin 53 billion
eth 24 billion

LOL missed some math classes at kindergarten?

Yes, the Bitcoin and ETH price are getting closer and closer.

Nevertheless, remember that ETH was stagnant at $300 for months while Bitcoin went on a rampage. It's only natural that things start to get back in order again.

I do recall, however, that we've been much closer before: Jun 18th is the correct date: ~34B to ~40B market cap.

Using crypto to pay for college.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

Money goes from BTC to ETH when there is a bloodbath and back when all is well.
Transfering between crypto is easier than to $.
Meaning ETH will get hit hard once BTC goes back up.

We used to see this same effect between BTC and LTC.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

Both btc and Eth are here to stay, ups and downs are part of the market, i expect huge future for both btc and eth, i know btc is in downtrend at the moment but i do believe that it will be back strongly.

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:06:12 PM

Money goes from BTC to ETH when there is a bloodbath and back when all is well.
Transfering between crypto is easier than to $.
Meaning ETH will get hit hard once BTC goes back up.

We used to see this same effect between BTC and LTC.

I agree. This is an old practice by seasoned traders. That's why everyone is saying that bitcoin and ethereum has mutual relationship. So I think that bitcoin investors are just shuffling their funds around the crypto market and will go back once FUD have stop and bitcoin enjoying a price surge again.

didn;t you say the same thing 7 mo ago, aint happening schill, mom is calling to get off her computer.

Around June 2017 to be exact. But the so called flippening didn't happen. Bitcoin goes up while Ethereum slided. Although Ethereum just passed the 4 digit mark, I honestly can't see it taking the top spot from bitcoin. Too many parameters needed to be satisfy before this things could happen in the future.
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:30:03 PM

Ethereum is the best valuable coin to me in the cryptocurrency market by now. I think it is the worst decision to sell it even btc crashes hard.

ecoin_bestcoin

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:52:36 PM

Ethereum is primed to take the number one spot, I would definitely hold even with the bear market we've been seeing
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:01:02 PM

Everyone said this last June when Eth hit ~$400 and Bitcoin hit $2500.

....then Eth got stuck at ~$300something until end of November and Bitcoin hit $10,000.

Nobody knows what will happen
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

Everyone said this last June when Eth hit ~$400 and Bitcoin hit $2500.

....then Eth got stuck at ~$300something until end of November and Bitcoin hit $10,000.

Nobody knows what will happen
Exactly nobody knows what will happen but ethereum these days is soaring high its value. Eth would be the best this year and a lot of unexpected moves will surprise us. So I am still holding mine for the bigger profit.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:12:48 PM

While everybody was waiting for Bitcoin Core to be overtaken by Bitcoin Cash, the real killer crypto is actually doing it.

For years Ethereum has been known to be the successor of Bitcoin Core, the market is only now realizing it.
I disagree with you as some of you said the same thing about ripple something ago and now ripple has honorably revise back to were it started from! Bitcoin core will ever remain the major coin in crypto currencies and nothing is going to change this. I have followed comments and analysis about reason why this coin is going to over take that but one thing that I have find out is that those people making such comments  undermine the power of bitcoin and the force behind it pricing.
I seriously believe that by this time next tomorrow we are going to see those calling ethereum the future of cryptocurrency singing another song!
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:17:01 PM

FALSE
June 19, 2017

etherum 35 billion 0.15Btc
bitcoin 42 billion $ 1440

That said, I think Eth will outgrow bitcoins this year, perhaps just around May-June, but it will be a temporary thing, a few days or weeks, when bitcoin will return to grind records in the second part of the year
drmarcobelli

Merit: 11

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:21:28 PM

It might happen.
Ethereum is really aiming for the future. As Bitcoin is already done. If u understand what I mean..

Tons of coins/projects based on ETH. Big role.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:21:32 PM

I agree your opinion . If we compare the price of the bitcoin at the beginning of 2017 with the price of the end year 2018 with ethereum we can see they had same price around 700-800$ . I think that ethereum will go to 20.000$ this year and will be replaced with bitcoin . Actually bitcoin has a big transaction fee and is a little old . We live in a tehnology life so we need the best option to send payments thru blockchain
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:04:31 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Ethereum's network of greater usage than bitcoin? As much as we owe this market's success to bitcoin, unless it can properly scale, it WILL be replaced.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: