Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade based in upcoming events is viable?  (Read 52 times)
spectrecoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

I wonder if buy and sell tokens using this page (https://tokensrecord.com/events)  as parameter is a good idea.And what events can result in a price increase for a token?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:21:39 PM

I wonder if buy and sell tokens using this page (https://tokensrecord.com/events)  as parameter is a good idea.And what events can result in a price increase for a token?

There's certainly profit to be made by doing this but you are playing a somewhat risky game. The problem is is that most savvy followers of a coin will know the news before it lists on such a site and they will have already bought the coins in advance of that and pushed the price up, they'll then be looking for a good time to sell. In other words, you might miss the rush and end up buying too high and then be losing out.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:48:16 PM

There's certainly profit to be made by doing this but you are playing a somewhat risky game. The problem is is that most savvy followers of a coin will know the news before it lists on such a site and they will have already bought the coins in advance of that and pushed the price up, they'll then be looking for a good time to sell. In other words, you might miss the rush and end up buying too high and then be losing out.

But this is still a good catch though. I don't know if those "savvy followers" have really inside information on when the coins will be listed on an exchange. Please take note that I used the term "insider information", which is very fraudulent to begin with. One event that can really put the price to the next level is being listed on a top trading platform. I saw a lot making gains like x10 or even x100.

How do I know? I have tokens that I bought at a cheap price, but I didn't hold that long until one day the devs suddenly announced that they are going to be listed on a exchange. Then boom, the price goes off the roof. Sadly I already dump it a few weeks ago.

With that said, I'm sure that you will make a lot of profit if you know when the coins are going to be listed and what exchanges they are going to be in the future.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
spectrecoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

But this is still a good catch though. I don't know if those "savvy followers" have really inside information on when the coins will be listed on an exchange. Please take note that I used the term "insider information", which is very fraudulent to begin with. One event that can really put the price to the next level is being listed on a top trading platform. I saw a lot making gains like x10 or even x100.

How do I know? I have tokens that I bought at a cheap price, but I didn't hold that long until one day the devs suddenly announced that they are going to be listed on a exchange. Then boom, the price goes off the roof. Sadly I already dump it a few weeks ago.

With that said, I'm sure that you will make a lot of profit if you know when the coins are going to be listed and what exchanges they are going to be in the future.

A reddit user wrote this: "If you do short term trading, do it when you have certain certainty that a specific news will lead to an increase. Some of these specific events are: upcoming roadmap item releases, fork airdrops, exchange additions and For example, in mid-December it was announced that the Private fork that is upcoming would release 1: 1 airdrop of BTCP to holders of ZClassic because Bitcoin Private would use the same ZSnarks technology. a few bucks, and thus this news has made ZClassic an attractive short term buy as there would be demand for people to have it purely to get free Bitcoin Private once it launches. being changed, trading purely on volume and patterns is generally akin to gambling on markets that are inefficient as most cryptoassets. "

I will keep an eye on these events, but I will avoid dubious tokens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: