Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Altcoin trading pairs  (Read 139 times)
JJack@ (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:01:07 PM

So I have been asking this myself for the longest time and I have asked many people, but no one really had a good explanation to the following phenomenon:

When Bitcoin goes up in value     -> alts go down
When Bitcoin goes down in value -> alts go down
When Bitcoin goes sideways        -> alts go up

Why is it that when Bitcoin goes down alts go down too? They are traded against each other ??!

Basics : Trading x against y -> if x goes down in value it means you can buy MORE x with Y or in other words x goes down y goes up. But this does not apply here for some reason.

Hope you can help me out with this burning question!
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

So I have been asking this myself for the longest time and I have asked many people, but no one really had a good explanation to the following phenomenon:

Why is it that when Bitcoin goes down alts go down too? They are traded against each other ??!

Basics : Trading x against y -> if x goes down in value it means you can buy MORE x with Y or in other words x goes down y goes up. But this does not apply here for some reason.

No strong data such as bitcoin versus altcoin, so why is everyone hoping that bitcoin will get stronger, because we know that bitcoin has a very strong community, which makes all altcoin prices fall, even bitcoin down, still altcoin will get the impact with all altcoin prices, which do not have a very strong community, so this is why the bitcoin is suspended to date ...
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:15:46 PM

So to answer this one you have to remove all logic, simply put, people view bitcoin as being the indicator for the whole of the crypto world. They do not view each coin individually as of yet and so the dollar value is almost irrelevant. That explains why the price of alts falls when bitcoin value falls. Basically any bad news for bitcoin is viewed as bad for the whole of cryptos.

When bitcoin goes up in value everyone rushes to get their money in to bitcoin and they sell their alts at a discount.

When bitcoin goes sideways people feel safe moving their money in to alts as they don't fear losing out on a pump and so alt prices go up.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
JJack@ (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:29:48 PM

So to answer this one you have to remove all logic, simply put, people view bitcoin as being the indicator for the whole of the crypto world. They do not view each coin individually as of yet and so the dollar value is almost irrelevant. That explains why the price of alts falls when bitcoin value falls. Basically any bad news for bitcoin is viewed as bad for the whole of cryptos.

When bitcoin goes up in value everyone rushes to get their money in to bitcoin and they sell their alts at a discount.

When bitcoin goes sideways people feel safe moving their money in to alts as they don't fear losing out on a pump and so alt prices go up.

Fair enough, but when BTC goes down where does all the money go that was in alts? It has to go somehwere? I agree we have to look at the satoshi price because not many alts have $ trading pairs but it doesnt explain why alts go down when BTC goes down
darkfox12

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:35:07 PM

When Bitcoin goes up in value     -> alts go down
When Bitcoin goes sideways        -> alts go up

Fair enough, but when BTC goes down where does all the money go that was in alts? It has to go somehwere? I agree we have to look at the satoshi price because not many alts have $ trading pairs but it doesnt explain why alts go down when BTC goes down

That's why people were using USD-tether when BTC was crashing, they would pull their money out of alts and into USDT and wait until things settled and buy up alts and BTC again. 
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:51:52 PM

BITCOIN being the first and the most popular crypto-currency has set itself as a standard on crypto-market. People consider it as a indicator just like DOW JONES, SENSEX etc in stock market. BTC dominance has made it most important coin in market and hence set itself as the standard indicator of cryptomarket.
RENTMONEY

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:55:25 PM

I think the truth of the situation ( even though allot don't want to admit it ) is all cryptocurrency is connected. There is expection ( scam coins ) but for the most part if if there is any significant movement in cryptocurrency then all coins will feel that movement, regardless of if its up or down.

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: