Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:39:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a warning that Sapien Network ICO is a scam.  (Read 1090 times)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:20:58 PM

The fact that you are using a newbie (alt) account to make this accusation statement make you are less likely to be believed. Secondly you do not put any concrete evidence make me think that you have a personal problem with this project, and you just spreading a shitty FUD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

Does the person who started this post and everyone who was gullible to believe this post feel like a dumb ass? Sapien has their beta site up and running and it looks marvelous!This company is 100% legit.

legit you say?  do you know that the co founder has no business experience at all?  see what happens now?  they unlocked the tokens the same time as all the bonus tokens from the beta testing and bounty tokens and the price dumps.  i have invested in this project and i think they are not professional in handling this matter.  i lost my money investing in sapien.  $18m they collected and what is it that they do?
What they do? Earn the most they can. It seems to be a big scam. Asking ETH to get airdrop...
WhyBit

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:50:32 AM

Does the person who started this post and everyone who was gullible to believe this post feel like a dumb ass? Sapien has their beta site up and running and it looks marvelous!This company is 100% legit.

legit you say?  do you know that the co founder has no business experience at all?  see what happens now?  they unlocked the tokens the same time as all the bonus tokens from the beta testing and bounty tokens and the price dumps.  i have invested in this project and i think they are not professional in handling this matter.  i lost my money investing in sapien.  $18m they collected and what is it that they do?
Currently investors losing too much money because they are investing in projects which have no base just good advertising stings helping them I also investing in this and now realizing its just mistake and I also lost my money because they are no professionals
Shamefulpilchard

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:09:32 PM

The fact that you are using a newbie (alt) account to make this accusation statement make you are less likely to be believed. Secondly you do not put any concrete evidence make me think that you have a personal problem with this project, and you just spreading a shitty FUD.

I was hoping to get more details since the title was kinda alarming. Turned out to be an obvious FUD which isn't really working =P It's a good thing an ICO management platform called Menlo One is going to launch its token sale this July as it aims to help us learn about ICOs while keeping FUD and noisy useless posts out. Fellow newbie ICO investors should check it out. Here's a youtube interview with Menlo's ICO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1QBpBYE6o you can thank me later.  Roll Eyes
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:00:47 AM

What they do? Earn the most they can. It seems to be a big scam. Asking ETH to get airdrop...

The airdrop was a scam and the Sapien Team already stated that in their telegram channel but i believe it's a real project with a goal to fight fake news. I invested in the pre-sale early on and yeah it's a bummer that the token is nearly worthless right now because of poor planning on release of tokens. From what i hear the people that dumped are all from the bounty program and because they got their token for free any price they could sell was still a gain unlike the rest of the investors.

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:23:35 AM

The airdrop was a scam and the Sapien Team already stated that in their telegram channel but i believe it's a real project with a goal to fight fake news. I invested in the pre-sale early on and yeah it's a bummer that the token is nearly worthless right now because of poor planning on release of tokens. From what i hear the people that dumped are all from the bounty program and because they got their token for free any price they could sell was still a gain unlike the rest of the investors.
There is a lot of scammers in the telegram. this is not my first time to see that in fact all of the icos telegram groups are being infected by a lot of scammers. Be careful to do anything with it.
I think that it will be recovered again as soon as possible.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
crypt0j0e

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:18:12 AM

The Sapien Team put out a nice presentation this week that shows how they plan to utilize the SPN token to grow their economy. I still think there's a lot of potential with their project so their success will really come down to how well they can execute that plan.

https://www.sapien.network/static/pdf/Staking_SPN_Overview.pdf

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:02:19 AM

First of, this thread should be moved to scam accusations and many opinions from "newbies" with few activites I do not bel little you but can you use your real account. Just saying.

Op, we need more proof because if this project this is legit you just   gave FUD to it's potential investors. You know that a lot of project have the same concept however if you can give us more details that would be helpful and we will thank you for stopping a scam.
crypt0j0e

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:12:28 AM

First of, this thread should be moved to scam accusations and many opinions from "newbies" with few activites I do not bel little you but can you use your real account. Just saying.

Op, we need more proof because if this project this is legit you just   gave FUD to it's potential investors. You know that a lot of project have the same concept however if you can give us more details that would be helpful and we will thank you for stopping a scam.

Are you suggesting that all the 'newbies' here are just using fake accounts so they can avoid taking any backlash from their posts? Well I can tell you that's certainly not the case here. I've been watching the crypto space for several years now but didn't join bitcointalk until February and didn't start posts until this month until i paid off the ip ban. Plus i'm a pre-sale investor in Sapien and i'm actively using their platform and i can certainly tell you they are not a scam. They have a working platform and they are constantly making updates. If it was a scam, would they still even bother to make updates or even do AMA's for the community? But i suppose because i'm still a 'newbie' none of what i just said matters?

arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:39:01 AM

The OP accusation is a strong accusation and of which we need you to proof that the so called Network is indeed a scammer but I hate the fact that the accuser was Newbie and the users claiming the OP was liar are also Newbie.

Could guys use your real account.
Ofcourse he will never use hes mail account since he was only making fake news to break the support  for sapien coin team,i dont know whats OPs main agenda about this accusation but I strongly believe that this is personal because i have known this coin for quite sometimes and happens to have some hype after beta trial so i dont really understand the scam accusations were came from
nicotinko

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

The airdrop was a scam and the Sapien Team already stated that in their telegram channel but i believe it's a real project

1. No, they not stated that.
2. They have cheated with airdrop but won't do it again with investors? Lol. Either you are very innocent or one of these fake accounts who defends this shit
crypt0j0e

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:01:11 PM

The airdrop was a scam and the Sapien Team already stated that in their telegram channel but i believe it's a real project

1. No, they not stated that.
2. They have cheated with airdrop but won't do it again with investors? Lol. Either you are very innocent or one of these fake accounts who defends this shit

1. Yes, they did. This is the exact words from the Sapien admin in response to another users question about sending eth to the contract address, "yeah airdrop is scam". I would post a screenshot here if i could but i'm not that privileged yet.
2. You don't have any more credibility than i do with your 'fake' account and 8 posts, haha! But your accusations about cheating and the airdrop are completely false.
3. Either you were hired by FB to spread FUD about the Sapien Project or you're just butt hurt because the price dumped to 1 cent after the token unlock and you sold for a huge loss.

bridgeport

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:26:42 PM

I was hoping to get more details since the title was kinda alarming. Turned out to be an obvious FUD which isn't really working =P It's a good thing an ICO management platform called Menlo One is going to launch its token sale this July as it aims to help us learn about ICOs while keeping FUD and noisy useless posts out. Fellow newbie ICO investors should check it out. Here's a youtube interview with Menlo's ICO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1QBpBYE6o you can thank me later.  Roll Eyes
Ethier it is a scam or not but the good thing has we had an opportunity to check the legitimacy of the project, though if it is a sort of FUD then we will have time to avoid of being a scam, so thanks for the information.
whyrqa-1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

The OP accusation is a strong accusation and of which we need you to proof that the so called Network is indeed a scammer but I hate the fact that the accuser was Newbie and the users claiming the OP was liar are also Newbie.

Could guys use your real account.
Ofcourse he will never use hes mail account since he was only making fake news to break the support  for sapien coin team,i dont know whats OPs main agenda about this accusation but I strongly believe that this is personal because i have known this coin for quite sometimes and happens to have some hype after beta trial so i dont really understand the scam accusations were came from
in any case, all negative information is used according to a certain plan, which is aimed at discrediting a particular project. Therefore, before believing or perceiving news, they must always be checked.
TesticlePrivilege

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

This reeks of prolonged exit scam.

FYI - I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - here -> https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

I encourage everyone that participated in this disaster to do the same.

Here's the domain registration information:

Ankit Bhatia

2024 Durant Avenue, 402, Berkeley, CA 94704

Email: ankit95@berkeley.edu

Phone: (510) 789-3522
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:07:08 PM

Well sapien network was promoted heavily during their ico, i was watching it everywhere maybe it was due to a lot of bounty hunters in their campaign, i think we should have to wait and see a little more lets see their claims of a ready platform are true or not.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Kmdr

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:51:44 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam, but I do think it was just developed more as a "proof of concept" than anything else.

Yes, their "beta" is live for the last few months, but according to many users, it is not a beta, more of an "alpha" and at times, just about usable.

There are many issues with the platform, mostly relating to speed, pages loading/not loading, ability to post images in posts (how hard can that be??), the inability to see your own posts, etc.  The Sapien team are aware of this, particularly after a group of users who invested in the ICO formed a Telegram group to discuss their concerns and presented these to the team.  Did anything happen?  Yes and no.  Some issues got fixed, but quite a lot did not.  It is quite clear that Sapien have NO developers working on this project.

Their statistics do not make sense.  This articles lists two of them - which sound ridiculous when placed side-by-side.
https://www.investinblockchain.com/sapien-shatters-user-growth-projections/
Sapien claims to have "4,000 active daily users", yet also boasts that "since June, 10,000 posts have been created on the platform".
So - 4,000 active daily users have only managed to create 10,000 posts in a period of almost 3 months???

As someone who uses the platform, I can confirm that their "active daily users" figure is a lot closer to 40 than it is to 4000.

As for their original raison d'etre of "fighting fake news", not only are they clueless in how to achieve this, but they seem to actively encourage fake news on the platform, particularly in relation to political posts.  Ill-informed or blatantly incorrect material is not removed, just left to sit there, even after it has been reported as fake.  Thankfully, most of their userbase is only interested in crypto, so the political propaganda spread by a couple of professional trolls does not hold much sway.  However - "fighting fake news" - not a chance... 

Since the introduction of their "Rewards Engine" a few weeks ago, users get paid to comment or upvote a certain number of posts each week.  So, any post is going to get upvotes and meaningless comments, simply because people want to earn more tokens. 

And lastly, not only does Sapien not have 4,000 active daily users, but it does not have the infrastructure to cope with that many.  It is slow and laggy even with the small amount of users it has at the moment.  It needs a serious amount of work if it intends to scale or gain any kind of wider adoption.  And since their "development team" - if they ever had any - appear to have either lost interest or moved on, this is looking extremely unlikely.

Before anyone accuses me of spreading FUD, all of the above is from my own personal experience of using the site.  I was very supportive of Sapien in the beginning and I do hold SPN tokens.  However, would I consider them a good investment at the moment?  No.

↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️ EXTRADECOIN ↗️ The Exchange for Trader and Gamer ↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️
Trade and Play [ https://extradecoin.com ]
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

The project Sapien successfully conducted ICO, collected the investment amount of more than $ 10 million, but I also notice the fact that this project does not develop. As a participant, I do not receive any news from this project. And the coins of the project depreciated and became just rubbish in my wallet!  Cry
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:56:41 PM

The project Sapien successfully conducted ICO, collected the investment amount of more than $ 10 million, but I also notice the fact that this project does not develop. As a participant, I do not receive any news from this project. And the coins of the project depreciated and became just rubbish in my wallet!  Cry
Still some sapien on my wallets I would say I cant still consider them as a scam but still that's the way on where it was going. They do have the platform but still not really fully developed and token price is dead.
Good thing the developers are still making updates but I don't see anything special with this project rather than a copy of steemit but wont really stood up a chance.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mezounbanned

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 06:03:58 AM

They have app, which works but the purpose of the app is not clear and not sure whether it will be successful. They constantly do promotion on vyper, without paying so far. Telegram group does not have any good discussions. This what i saw.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: