Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove negative trust? (from Hilariousandco)  (Read 1323 times)
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1711

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:21:33 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 10:16:07 AM by wwzsocki

Hello, fellow Bitcointalkers.

A few days ago I got negative trust. What can I do now?

I got negative trust for "Trading merit with those who leave him points as advertised via his avatar. Also copied content without proper attribution."

I don't want to argue if Hilariousandco was right or not because this will bring nothing good.

I only say that I never traded merits with nobody and this was never my intention. Added an announcement in a post that I missed quotation and from who, just after this happened. Read few next posts after referred one for proof. Avatar was online for few hours. I copied from legendary member Jeremycoin. He was using it until yesterday. No red trust is given to him even after I pointed this out.  Added merit policy to my signature and avatar: " meirts only for quality content, no merits in return, spam isn't good".

Anyways I deleted this post and avatar if this violates rules and added merits policy to my signature and personal text.

From few days I keep sending PM's to Hilariousandco but he isn't responding. From what I see on the forum this happens sometimes that moderators don't answer PM's about negative trust.

I feel like a criminal with red trust. I really am. I think nobody will take me seriously. I personally always look to trust after reading a post. I'm using Bitcointalk for almost 5 years with one account and never done anything wrong.

What can I do now? How to get my trust back?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:34:24 PM
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

Only hilariousandco can remove it.

From few days I keep sending PM's to Hilariousandco but he is not responding. From what I see on the forum this happens sometimes that moderators don't answer PM's about negative trust.
If you bothered me with multiple PMs, I wouldn't respond to you either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Ivankov
Copper Member

Activity: 21
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:26:19 PM

I'm sorry, In addition to avoid misunderstanding between readers, only that person who gives you the negative trust who can remove it.
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:28:56 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 09:49:32 PM by wwzsocki

From few days I keep sending PM's to Hilariousandco but he is not responding. From what I see on the forum this happens sometimes that moderators don't answer PM's about negative trust.
If you bothered me with multiple PMs, I wouldn't respond to you either.

I will not send anymore but I was very polite and considerate in my PM's.

I even asked an off-topic question in a thread where Hilariousandco was active (I apologized of course and said that will be deleted), how long is an average wait time for an answer, but he never answered and deleted post immediately.

I was searching today few hours in forum threads for help. I thought that there is somebody dealing with trust problems. I don't know moderator or a thread where you can add your case for consideration but I found nothing only more questions.

That is why I am here to ask more experienced users what can I do more?

Anyways, Thank you for the answer.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:44:35 PM

I was searching today few hours in forum threads for help. I thought that there is somebody dealing with trust problems. I don't know moderator or a thread where you can add your case for consideration but I found nothing only more questions.
There ain't such authority which deals with trust problems except the person who gave you the negative trust and the one who added that person to the Default Trust.

That is why I am here to ask more experienced users what can I do more?
Wait for hilariousandco to respond and see what they have to say.No one controls when they would respond ,from my experience ,bothering them with multiple PM's and off-topic seeking attention doesn't help.

I don't want to argue if Hilariousandco was right or not because this will bring nothing good.
That is what determines if the trust given to you is valid or should hilariousandco revise it based on the community feedback.Personally,I don't think they should.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

I even asked an off-topic question in a thread where Hilariousandco was active (I apologized of course and said that will be deleted), how long is an average wait time for an answer, but he never answered and deleted post immediately.
So let me get this right,
after you sent several PMs to the user, and didn't get an answer, you decided to follow them around the forum, spamming your questions in threads they post in?
And at no point did you realize that your actions were only going to make things worse?

Patience is a virtue.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3101

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:17:55 PM

I only say that I never traded merits with nobody and this was never my intention. Added an announcement in post that I missed quotation and from who, just after this happened. Read few next posts after referred one. Avatar was online for few hours. I have copied from legendary member Jeremycoin. He was using it until yesterday. No red trust is given to him even after I have pointed this out.

What did the avatar say?

Also, your post is a bit confusing.  You seem to realize you did something wrong because you turned another member in.  So why the complaint?

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:46:10 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 01:59:31 PM by wwzsocki

I only say that I never traded merits with nobody and this was never my intention. Added an announcement in post that I missed quotation and from who, just after this happened. Read few next posts after referred one. Avatar was online for few hours. I have copied from legendary member Jeremycoin. He was using it until yesterday. No red trust is given to him even after I have pointed this out.

What did the avatar say?

Also, your post is a bit confusing.  You seem to realize you did something wrong because you turned another member in.  So why the complaint?

Avatar says I will give "merits 4 smerits". Avatar is too small to add that I will do that only for quality content. That is why I have added later merits policy like other users. I have to add that I saw this avatar in Legendary member profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=397611 that 's why I have copied it. Later I have pointed this out to Hilariousandco in my PM. I have seen this user used this avatar 3 days longer and there is no red trust given to him. There was more confusion with this avatar because I have problems to download him. Even if I have downloaded and seen new avatar on download page after refresh I have seen my old Envion avatar or no avatar at all in my account summary. I tried few times and finally left this because I had to go to work. Next day after login I saw negative trust and new avatar. I had such a problem with avatar before. There are proofs in my old posts because I was looking for help with this issue and talked with users about it. I can dig them out if needed.

I have used parts of posts from 2 users to help answer another user question without proper quotation. I have quoted them at the start (I think everybody uses quote because is fast and easier as copy and pasting) but after I deleted some parts, post was not readable and looks bad with my answer between quotations. So I did it without quotation and added that this answer is to find few posts above mine. Anyways, user reminds me that this is rules violation (in next post after mine) so I said "thank you for reminding me" apologized and added announcement ("To provide this answer I used content from other users ( added their usernames ) without proper quotation") into my post. Here is a link to post where you can clearly see that missed quotation issue was resolved just after it happens. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg29079837#msg29079837 . So why I got red trust for a mistake which was already resolved. This happened two hours before I have changed avatar. Later I deleted this post if this violates rules.

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:02:54 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 09:44:18 AM by wwzsocki

So let me get this right,
after you sent several PMs to the user, and didn't get an answer, you decided to follow them around the forum, spamming your questions in threads they post in?
And at no point did you realize that your actions were only going to make things worse?

Patience is a virtue.

You are right that patience is a virtue and I should wait more time. I am happy to see this answers because when I was searching for help in old threads some high-rank users advised sending PM's because sooner messages could be not read and deleted because of "pletoria" (quote) of things. Of course, my PM's where always in a very polite tone and with a subject that says everything. It was obvious about what is my message just after reading the topic. I did it on purpose to save Hilariousandco time.

Before I have asked an off-topic question I apologized and said that I will delete this post immediately. Now I know this is not best behavior but when you are confused and there are more questions than answers you can make a mistake, especially under pressure.

There is a legendary user Actmyname I found today after reading a post about negative trust. He fights spam and bad behavior like Hilariuosandco on the forum. I like his profile page where you can read: "IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED." If a statement like this is added to Hilariousandco profile I will never bother him and wait calmly. Users should know what they can do next after receiving negative trust. This will save a lot of confusion and time.

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 12:42:57 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 12:53:33 PM by wwzsocki

I want to update that there is still no answer to my PM from Hilariousandco and as you see he didn't respond here as well.

I don't understand this at all. If a moderator gives negative trust all I can do is to contact him to defend myself or open a thread like this if there is no response.

Anyways my case is not resolved and I am filling really bad right now. I am on Bitcointalk for 5 years using only one account because in my stupidy I have never opened an alt account because I was hoping that something like this never happens to me. I specifically avoided quarrels or insults when posting (and sometimes I had a terrible desire for it) that someone from vengeance would not lower my reputation.

I have proved in above posts that I have never traded merits and that was never my intention. Avatar to which Hilariousandco refers was copied from Legendary member and he was using him for few days longer even if I have pointed this out. Nobody gives him red trust for that. So there are some members with privileges here. Merits are something new and there should be warnings issued especially in beginning. Like you see missed quotation was resolved just after this happens so this accusation is just pointless. If you look into my older posts you will see that I have no problem with quoting people. I have more posts with quotation than without.
I want to ask what missed quote has to do with my trust? I can't be trusted because of that? Who have I scammed?

I don't know what I can do more. Like I said before there should be a JUDGE who will take a second look in cases like this.

Hilariuosandco is that really so hard to answer my PM's or here in this thread?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

Avatar to which Hilariousandco refers was copied from Legendary member and he was using him for few days longer even if I have pointed this out.

So you admit you were asking for merit in your avatar description?  Then why are you complaining?

Be happy you didn't get tagged for copy and pasting another user's work.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:29:41 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 07:27:26 PM by wwzsocki

Avatar to which Hilariousandco refers was copied from Legendary member and he was using him for few days longer even if I have pointed this out.

So you admit you were asking for merit in your avatar description?  Then why are you complaining?

Be happy you didn't get tagged for copy and pasting another user's work.  :/

Thank you Vod for your answer. From other threads, I see that you are an honest and impartial person.

Thread maybe looks like complaining but this was never my intention. I only wanted to explain what happened and ask what next because I was left with no answer at all.

I was tagged for: "Trading merit with those who leave him points as advertised via his avatar. Also copied content without proper attribution.

I have never traded merits and this was not my intention, "proper attribution" was resolved just after it happened. I even didn't know that new avatar is visible because I had problems with download. Please read posts above where I explained this.

We where discussing merits and I copied some text. User reminds me in next post that this is plagiarism and rule violation. So I apologized, said thanks and added announcement. Please read 5 posts before and after referred one. You will see what happened and how was resolved. If I would do nothing after user reminds me of my mistake and after some time I was tagged then I would say nothing.

I have added an announcement in my post (like I said before just after this happened). Merits policy in my personal text and signature after I was tagged. To recover my trust back to zero I have removed avatar and post.

I have not scammed anybody or did something similar. Why can I not be trusted? Why trade with extreme caution?

What can I do more to recover my trust?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 07:22:26 PM
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

First, it is very unlikely your negative trust will be removed now.  Your actions caused you to get negative trust, and your words say you won't do it again. 

Actions speak louder than words!

What you need to do is ignore the trust, and continue in the forum as a helpful contributing member.  You may not be able to join a signature campaign, but that doesn't stop you from discussing and contributing.

After at least a couple months have passed, try PMing Hilariousandco and asking him for a second chance.

He didn't become a senior mod on this forum by being unreasonable.  Good luck!  Smiley

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:25:45 PM
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

I have not scammed anybody or did something similar. Why can I not be trusted? Why trade with extreme caution?
*You can't be trusted by Hilariousandco and everybody who follows his trust list - FTFY (not exactly but that's how it works ,you're free to trade with people using an escrow anyway)

1.Get hilariousandco removed from the trust-list by requesting to the person that added them to the list.
2.Like said over 100 times ,wait for the day hilariousandco responds.

Pretty sure you don't want to go with the 1st option and second options just isn't working out for you.
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 07:52:34 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 08:21:00 PM by wwzsocki

First, it is very unlikely your negative trust will be removed now.  Your actions caused you to get negative trust, and your words say you won't do it again.  

Actions speak louder than words!

What you need to do is ignore the trust, and continue in the forum as a helpful contributing member.  You may not be able to join a signature campaign, but that doesn't stop you from discussing and contributing.

After at least a couple months have passed, try PMing Hilariousandco and asking him for a second chance.

He didn't become a senior mod on this forum by being unreasonable.  Good luck!  Smiley

Once again thank you for your answers I really appreciate it.

I will try to be active as before but believe me I am filling like a criminal now.
I'm disappointed that other user used this avatar few days longer and nobody tagged him even after I have pointed this out in PM and this thread. I thought we have the same rules for everyone here on Bitcointalk.

Still, I think that warning will be enough in mine case. Especially when nobody was harmed. I don't want to teach high-rank members or moderators but I have to say that they should take into consideration many factors before issuing negative trust.

This is easy to destroy an account for which I have worked for five years with no problems or warnings.

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

*You can't be trusted by Hilariousandco and everybody who follows his trust list - FTFY (not exactly but that's how it works ,you're free to trade with people using an escrow anyway)

1.Get hilariousandco removed from the trust-list by requesting to the person that added them to the list.
2.Like said over 100 times ,wait for the day hilariousandco responds.

Pretty sure you don't want to go with the 1st option and second options just isn't working out for you.

Thank you for this information I didn't know about option 1. I don't think I will be ever capable to do this and just don't want to. I believe that everybody can adjust their judgments if there are enough reasons for this.

The second option will be much easier to follow if I know how long I have to wait.
There is a legendary user Actmyname and he fights spam and bad behavior like Hilariuosandco on the forum. I like his profile page where you can read: "IF YOU HAVE RED TRUST: DO NOT MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY. WAIT AT LEAST 72 HOURS OR THE PM WILL BE IGNORED." If a statement like this is added to Hilariousandco profile I will never bother him and wait calmly.

Users should know what to do next after receiving negative trust. This will save a lot of confusion and time.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:40:29 PM

Users should know what to do next after receiving negative trust. This will save a lot of confusion and time.

Useless.  Users don't even bother reading the rules to avoid getting negative trust.  What makes you think they'll read the rules after they get it?

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:46:33 PM

Useless.  Users don't even bother reading the rules to avoid getting negative trust.  What makes you think they'll read the rules after they get it?

Believe me, they will read it, especially after negative trust. Nobody read rules when signing up or when everything is ok. People read rules and search for help when in trouble.

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

After at least a couple months have passed.....

I hope met couple months you mean two  Grin  Wink

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1304

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:08:58 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

Useless.  Users don't even bother reading the rules to avoid getting negative trust.  What makes you think they'll read the rules after they get it?

Believe me, they will read it, especially after negative trust. Nobody read rules when signing up or when everything is ok. People read rules and search for help when in trouble.

I read the rules when I signed up. I specifically did not post or even visit several boards of this forum before I was competent enough to comment there or have enough wits to discuss. There are still boards in this forum where I dont tread on simply because Im not confident to post there or dont have enough knowledge to post.

We say patience is a virtue. Lacking patience will only make the situation harder for you. But like most humans who dont have patience you can try mkaing an new account and continue everything like it never happened. But dont worry if you try to abuse any campaigns we will find you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x