Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH IS FLIPPENING WITH BTC  (Read 360 times)
Skunker (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 12:20:14 AM by Skunker

it is happening right now! http://blog.flippening.watch/what-is-the-flippening/
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:00:18 PM

I think you meant to say "flippening" and not "flippering" haha.

But it will be interesting to watch because ETH has certainly had a lot more usage than bitcoin over the past year. Although we owe this market's success to bitcoin, at some point we need to realize that there are other. dare I say, better alternatives.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

Of course it is happening look at how bad BTC is getting punished worldwide with bans and concerns. If there was any time ETH was going to take over one would think it will happen in the coming weeks, BTC is bloody and down right now. Only question is will Ethereum snap up this opportunity?

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
flipperfin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:24:23 PM

I wouldn't mind a flippening. Eth has a lot more going for it, and seems way easier to defend on a lot of points to the public, such as energy consumption.
But big daddy bitcoin will probably go on another run as usual..
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:50:51 PM

Of course it is happening look at how bad BTC is getting punished worldwide with bans and concerns. If there was any time ETH was going to take over one would think it will happen in the coming weeks, BTC is bloody and down right now. Only question is will Ethereum snap up this opportunity?
And what makes you think the same it is not going to happen to ethereum once it surpasses bitcoin in your hypothetical scenario? Any coin that is in the top of the market cap is going to be heavily regulated, regulation is not only going to happen to bitcoin but to all cryptocurrencies as well, so to think otherwise is a huge mistake in my opinion.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:02 PM

It is only a matter of time when ETH takes dominance. Bitcoin became much more an asset to invest in than a currency to exchange. If a currency is effectively used for real transactions (see majority of ICO's happens in ETH), it creates stable demand. If a cryptocurrency is only viewed as an asset, which is the case of Bitcoin, it could be severely influenced by market sentiment and speculative price movements.
Gregamon

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

Maybe...could be...but i think not. Bitcoin had bigger fight with Bitcoin cash half a year ago and it didn't happen.
The main reason is because Ethereum didn't delivered yet. Ethereum planed upgrades for the summer.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:29:27 PM

I think you meant to say "flippening" and not "flippering" haha.

But it will be interesting to watch because ETH has certainly had a lot more usage than bitcoin over the past year. Although we owe this market's success to bitcoin, at some point we need to realize that there are other. dare I say, better alternatives.

Is a double effect, on one side Ethereum has been partnering with large actors and heavyweights of the innovation arena along with quite a few investment funds. On the other Bitcoin major players have been ignoring their community for a long time, squeezing every last satoshi of fees and providing a mediocre service at best. No way this is going to work.
TalkToomuch

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:35:08 PM

It is called the flippening, not flippering. A few months ago people predicted the same, but shortly after the bitcoin price shoot up all the way to 20.000 usd. I am expecting the same to happen this time
sidsyrus

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:40:22 PM

Ya I really think ETH has potential to take over BTC.
kyle0671

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:41:26 PM

This could be good for the health of the market overall.  Time after time the media uses bitcoin as a scapegoat for everything going on in the crypto world.  For non-savy news viewers every bitconnect scam has something to do with bitcoin being a scam.  While that couldn't be any further from the truth, it lends to creating a bad repuation for the crypto market.  In addition to that, this flip may be well deserved.  Many of coins in the top 200 are ERC20.  It may not happen now, but I certainly think the flip will happen within the next year, or two.
Rickirs

Activity: 206
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

As said , Bitcoin is being frowned upon by various bodies , it means they will also not accept alt-coins.  Although ETH has potential but is also not immune to issues faced by bitcoins when it grew larger and bigger (read transaction and slow network).

Flipping or whatever you call it, can also happen easily if Bitcoin is gone too low but that means alt-coins will also get hit.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

i think it's just a temporary thing as btc keep going down where ETH maintain it's price that's why people converting their btc to ETH

devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:38:43 AM

Since ethereum have a real used case and its being used by many project it is possible for ethereum flippening with btc but not much it is maybe will reach 0.25 or 0.3 btc each ethereum. Market bloodbath today but the storm will be passed. It is maybe because panic sell in korean market but i still not affraid holding my ethereum.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:53:31 AM

Whether we like it or not, one or two project will likely surpass BTC market cap, but it will always be the big brother in the space, what is driving the prices of Ethereum really is the ICO market, as long as they can sustain this on their platform the price will likely sustain its upward growth, another thing that BTC need to resolve is the transaction cost and the speed, if these two can be resolved then I believe BTC will be back in the game
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:41:10 PM

There may be a lot more improved and better than Bitcoin, but we cannot say that they will flip Bitcoin that easily. Ethereum is far better in terms of features. But Bitcoin is Bitcoin. They just follow what Bitcoin just started.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
r95222

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

Never it happens. Bitcoin is a solid crypto firstborn. He is crypto standard and role-model. It's measure all other crypto coins. That's why all whales and big investors first buy BTC after another coins and tokens
waaat?

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

Never it happens. Bitcoin is a solid crypto firstborn. He is crypto standard and role-model. It's measure all other crypto coins. That's why all whales and big investors first buy BTC after another coins and tokens

Why not? BTC is old man. I think time to transfer leadership to young and quick. My opinion that 2018 year will be a turning-point for top5 in coinmarketcap
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:26:55 PM

Why not? BTC is old man. I think time to transfer leadership to young and quick. My opinion that 2018 year will be a turning-point for top5 in coinmarketcap

Bitcoin is the gold standard. It's what determines the price that all other coins trade at. Going to be pretty hard to topple Bitcoin from it's top position. Unless all exchanges were to implement ETH markets, it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:34:36 PM

ETH would only need to be about $1800 and have btc stay the same for that to happen.
Definitely possible.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: