Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH IS FLIPPENING WITH BTC  (Read 360 times)
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:17:40 PM

ETH could outperform BTC both on the upside and downside since it is more volatile
but doubt it is going to take the top spot from BTC.
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:25:35 AM

I think it's extremely unlikely to happen. ETH will not reach or exceed BTC status or popularity. Bitcoin has built firm foundation in crypto market and it got many people's trust. ETH, on the other hand, is undeniably doing good as well. It has gained many investors but the moment something negative/bad happen to ETH, people's trust will be diverted to other coins or will end up to btc. On the other hand, if that happened to BTC, people will still go with it. Think of the endless scam using it's name, does it affect BTC's popularity? I don't think so.

ggameon

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:34:25 AM

Bitcoin was created to be attacked lol. I was very surprised that it never happened. Trying to make money ( or for some lose money lol ) is ok, but let us not forget why bitcoin was created and why the people ho made it are still unkown.
The more bitcoin is attacked to more it becomes the bitcoin it was meant to be. Let the games begin.
Frankly i couldn't care which coin will have the highest marketcap....in 500 years everybody of some sophistication will know bitcoin and i doubt that many will know eth.........
If we talk about functionality there will be many to come and change everything we know
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:26:56 PM

ETH would only need to be about $1800 and have btc stay the same for that to happen.
Definitely possible.
All of that sounds good but have you stopped to think what kind of scenario is needed for that, in what scenario bitcoin will not move at all while ETH keeps growing, we had a similar scenario in the last year but this was because segwit was being blocked by the miners now that is out of the way an scenario like the one you are predicting does not seem that likely to me after all once we get the LN in bitcoin the market is going to pump really hard and will put an even bigger distance between bitcoin and ethereum.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

I think you meant to say "flippening" and not "flippering" haha.

But it will be interesting to watch because ETH has certainly had a lot more usage than bitcoin over the past year. Although we owe this market's success to bitcoin, at some point we need to realize that there are other. dare I say, better alternatives.

ETH was used as a platform for ICO projects, and most of the usage came from token issuers that were pretty much just scams. For example eBTC, eETH, eIOTA, etc. are all ERC20 tokens on the ETH network.

Bitcoin on the other hand actually has real life adoption. A lot of the merchants I frequent now accept BTC alongside fiat payments.

So is it really a flippening? I don't think so. ETH still has a lot of skepticism and people are worried that it's just a hyped up altcoin that is going to die within a few years, just like PPC and NMC. Plus ETH is still a long way from overtaking bitcoin, both volume wise and market cap wise.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:28:21 PM

Interesting terminology used here OP but am just wondering why the site has no touch of new content to it seems it hasn't been updated for almost half a year and this FLIPPENING won't be happening bitcoin still holds its throne and for your information, this FLIPPENING should be between bitcoin cash and ethereum not BTC Roll Eyes
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:35:04 PM

I think it's extremely unlikely to happen. ETH will not reach or exceed BTC status or popularity. Bitcoin has built firm foundation in crypto market and it got many people's trust. ETH, on the other hand, is undeniably doing good as well. It has gained many investors but the moment something negative/bad happen to ETH, people's trust will be diverted to other coins or will end up to btc. On the other hand, if that happened to BTC, people will still go with it. Think of the endless scam using it's name, does it affect BTC's popularity? I don't think so.
This is something many do not see, yes ETH is a great investment but if given the choice of what coin to stick with it in case things begin to move in the wrong direction most people will prefer to keep holding their bitcoin than to keep holding their ethereum, bitcoin has been able to prove several times that is a very resistant currency and while its price can change abruptly it will eventually recover from such movements and give you profits at the end if you hold long enough.
Nikosgalis1957

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:09:45 PM

I think this is very possible for this year because Ethereum's market capitalization approaches the market capitalization of Bitcoin day after day. I think the flippening is quite possible but still very difficule since the Ethereum price based on Bitcoin unless we have a future Ethereum contract in the near future. Personally, I think Ethereum is a very good project and they did not have a lot of drama like Bitcoin.

francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:15:29 PM

That is not an uncommon effect, I would rather say that it is something expected and will keep on for a long time as the markets are today.
sedou

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:45:26 PM

While I agree it is going to happen with all the support that ETH gets from companies BTC is not going down easily. Make no mistake. I like ETH more but lets face it, it will take time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: