Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2018, 07:59:42 PM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 was maybe the last era of bitcoin?  (Read 576 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:44:09 PM

2017 was the year to bring bitcoin in to the public eye and to get governments and large corporations to really begin to take it seriously. BUT both bitcoin and the public were not yet ready for it to become fully adopted, bitcoin still needs to improve on its scalability so that transactions are faster and cheaper and also volatility needs to die down. On top of that there needs to be further regulation to ensure that it's a safe space for people to enter and entrust their hard earned money in to. Do not think that 2017 was in vain, it was just the beginning. How long it is until we reach the end I do not know but 2017 was an important and necessary step on the road there.
I agree on the part where you stated that bitcoin is not ready for mass adoption, we still need to solve the issue with the scalability, however I disagree in the part in which you stated there needs to be a safe space for people to invest in bitcoin, if you need a safe space in order to invest in bitcoin then you should invest in something else, bitcoin is always going to be risky no matter what we do and you need to accept that fact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.