Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hear there's a blockchain based OS coming out of South Korea...  (Read 110 times)
minsukim (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:12:47 AM

I heard there's a blockchain based OS coming out of South Korea. Anyone knows the link? name? Can't find it anywhere. I tried googling decenternet. Could not find anything.

Help is much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nipperkin

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:27:28 AM

boscoin.io...it's the real deal, watch.
greggy.abella

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:12:42 AM

check this out http://www.decenternet.com/

I read their whitepaper Cheesy it's 100 pages long!!!!!!!!! Cheesy anyway based from what I understand they are planning to revolutionize the internet something like making it a complete decentralized internet. pretty good, there were just some areas where I think they need to elaborate.
minsukim (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:00:18 AM

Thank you so much. I'm going through their white paper right now I think this will be big. Possibly among the top 5. The idea of decentralization of internet itself and support thorugh a blockchain supporting OS makes sense! I'm really excited!!!! How did you hear about it. I hear this is very secretive so far in South Korea.
markhiroshisanrafael

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:48:15 AM

IT doesn't look that secretive to me hehe. The stuff on the hypercube and the socio economical impact of Spice is fascinating.
greggy.abella

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:41:25 PM

How did you hear about it.

Oh I'm working on a blockchain research related to decentralized DNS, but not really DNS, more like a decentralized identity. I came across decenternet while researching about blockstack. I'm wondering though what's the difference between them aside from decenternet being the full-packed decentralized platform (well that's how I see it Smiley ). the goal seems to be similar, I joined to their telegram btw Smiley
greggy.abella

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:00:22 AM

let me copy and paste an answer from crypto trader with regards to my reddit question "blockstack.io, ipfs.io, decenternet.com, what else?" I wish this will enlighten you people Smiley

"I was able to read their whitepaper. The paper is not at its best I think, but the platform itself is insane!!!!!!! If they manage to pull it off then there would be a fully decentralized platform for web and native applications. Like blockstack they also have decentralized DNS. What surprised me is the usage of IPFS for their storage! They mentioned about the anubis operating system and hermes operating system, they also have a search engine for decentralized websites and applications. I'm not a developer kind of guy but seriously? it is crazy! it's complete, and I have never read any hundred pages long whitepaper before. I joined in their telegram to check things out, you must join too to validate what i said, they seem busy as of the moment though. Hopefully other guys will come in and validate what I said, I've been in crypto trading and token sale for a year and a half, I thought it was like blockstack but this project is very different and on a higher level. I just can't imagine how will they pull it off exactly as the whitepaper seems on its infancy but they claim that they will update it regularly. So there you go, decenternet is a complete platform and infrastructure for decentralized applications from operating system, web server, search engine, storage up to dns support. it's like more than a complete web hosting site!"

https://www.reddit.com/user/greggy-abella/comments/7uu14m/blockstackio_ipfsio_decenternetcom_what_else/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: