Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:52:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin might soon be call altcoin  (Read 351 times)
Uko21 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:23:27 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 05:31:03 AM by Uko21
Merited by gantez (1)

With the way the price of bitcoin is falling now. How do you see and what do think?. Soon, from my own perspective bitcoin will soon be call altcoin.
lifesecurecoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:48:09 PM

whole bitcoin Eco system should turn to etherum then bitcoin may turn to altcoin which will never happen
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:13 PM

Bitcoin was the first digital coin, therefor other coins are called altcoins, abbreviation for alternative coin. The price is not going to change whether Bitcoin is an altcoin or not, in essence every altcoin that is created is based on Bitcoin.
zigfridkr

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:06:42 PM

With the way the price of bitcoin is falling now. How do you see and what do think?. Soon, from my own perspective bitcoin will soon be call altcoin.

Bitcoin is the first crypto coin and thus it will never be alt coin. Regarding price going down, it is temporary.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:08:37 PM

All market going down now, but bitcoin continue dominate market with high handicap

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
psibenik

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:10:08 PM

I would bet similar by the end of 2018. Just not sure when exactly
tuskacz

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:12:26 PM

Yes, facecoin is going to replace it. New facebook currency just launched today!
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:23:11 PM

The caption made me smile and I'm in the right mood to give you my smerit not because you had the courage to spew such but to allay your fears. Shocked

Anyway, I have to let you know that bitcoin is going no where and won't be referred as an altcoin. Bitcoin has a long rough, splendid history and usually a slow starter at the beginning of the year. It was around less than $1000 this time last year, mind you.

Bitcoin is more-or-less a king maker with forks . Therefore, I could agree that the dipping would lead to some altcoins giving a fight in the CMC and crypto world when the market reverts to upward trend.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:27:10 PM

I don't think the definition of 'alt-coin' will ever change but I understand your point. This year I can see bitcoin becoming the no 2 coin behind ethereum and with time it can be overtaken by many others unless there are dramatic changes, there's always a sense of inevitability about these things, very few leaders can remain leaders for eternity and are often replaced by new upcoming technologies and ideas.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:28:39 PM

The importance of bitcoin doesn't have anything to do with its price, because there are a lot of coins whose prices are high, but are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Bitcoin is the poster child of cryptocurrencies, so if it goes down, all crypto will go down (at least initially). As such, bitcoin will not be an altcoin, because if bitcoin is reduced to an altcoin, there will be no altcoins remaining.

kokowannabe

Activity: 945

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:32:23 PM

i think you still dont understand about bitcoin, bitcoin is the mother of all coin, i know rightnow bitcoin is down but this is a chance for new investor to buy bitcoin. do you know i think 1 month for now bitcoin price will go up sharply, and thats it Bitcoin is still the King.
Kozlov

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:42:10 PM

Ethereum isn't 'just' an altcoin, it's Eth...

It stands alone without Bitcoin and any good cryptocurrency will do that. Altcoin is an umbrella term to refer to coins 'other' than Bitcoin. I think their success deteremines whether or not they get to be referred to by their name or simply as 'an altcoin'.

I see the sentiment, but Bitcoin simply 'is'. It may become redundant, but the success of any other coin will always be considered relative to Bitcoin.

I.E.

Ethereum in 2020 might hit $20,000,000.

Headline:

"Ethereum reaches price 1 million times that of Bitcoin".

See what I mean?

Simple_Man

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:49:38 PM

Technically, bitcoin can never be called altcoin because the whole crypto currency concept started with bitcoin. So a father will always remain a father, no matter how old he becomes. Bitcoin will never be De-throned. If you talk about price, then let me tell you that, bitcoin was priced at $1044 just one year back at the same day. So those who have invested at that time, are still in profit of 800%. It is true that we are going through a bad time because the price came down to 8.5k from 21k just few months back, but still it remains the boss and will remain in the same position.
fuzailfangs

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:50:39 PM

Free ebtc airdrop before 14th feb.
join at http://etherbtc.io
Majorday

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:50:57 PM

This will never happen.. In such a speculative field, most altcoins are mostly used for making quick buck or two or used to scam others from fake ICO's. Consequently, they are still closely tied with Bitcoin. If Bitcoin’s reputation gets damaged, it will negatively affect the whole cryptocurrency market. Pretty much all altcoins will suffer as Bitcoin's value goes down, especially in a market capitalization. With that said, altcoins will most likely continue to rely on Bitcoin’s brand and remain in its shadow.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:05:46 PM

Not sure why somebody gave you Merit for this stupid question.
Bitcoin will always remain to be Bitcoin, altcoins will always remain to be altcoins. It's not about price, market cap or sth, it doesn't have effect.
Word "Altcoin" is just a term to describe all other coins than Bitcoin.

stevemichael

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

MMM EXTRA - The right steps toward your goal

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

No, it's not like that, Price will shoot up again and reach to the highest level and making another milestone.
Just Wait and watch.

MMM participants get upto 100% per month...
antagonist

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

bitcoin never become altcoin no other coins in this place is same level with bitcoin i think you are wrong for say something in this way like this
this one no even make small amount of sense even if i tell it to retards person whom usually understand 20 percents of story , i think if i say this story that you create to him only he understand 0 percents of this thing that you say
this nonsense thing is not for intellectual mens whom knows it inside of heart true thing about bitcoin

all of us here we look on coinmkrcap and we see it the way alls other coin they fall because bitcoin is fall as well also ,, we have seen this one and still you want to say it that soon bitcoin become altcoin ?
i say it in this place that this will never happen in this way that you say ,, bitcoin never become altcoin i think this is wrong thing that you say
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:15:17 PM

What did I just read? Bitcoin will become Altcoin?
You would have thought a little before you wrote this. Bitcoin is the founder of cryptocurrency,it the central currency.
Therefore, other coins are called altcoins, because they are secondary, they were created thanks to the same Ethereum.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
mikan111

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

Even if I understood what you meant, it's still a contradictory statement.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: