Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used Music CDs on biddingpond  (Read 1278 times)
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2011, 04:01:07 PM

Hello all,

I've started listing a few used music CDs on biddingpond, and since they aren't getting much attention I decided to assert there is some interest in this at all.

Given I buy a lot of used CDs from a number of sources I thought I'd try and sell some of those I don't listen to or can get a new copy easily. The price I'm asking is actually lower than my cost of buying + shipping, but I trust bitcoins will keep increasing in value and I'll end up with a profit.

So, does this sound interesting at all? If you want to get something particular drop me a PM and I'll try to find it. I'll keep adding new stuff for a while, to see if this business model works, feedback highly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 18, 2011, 04:34:26 PM

I trust bitcoins will keep increasing in value and I'll end up with a profit.

That's a great response to counter the question as to why anyone would spend their bitcoins if they knew they would increase in value.  Some merchants will have more trust in that happening than what some buyers will have, and thus at some price -- a trade will occur.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2011, 12:55:44 AM

I've started listing a few used music CDs on biddingpond ...

where? the music category is empty
i would expect that you have at least one auction running all the time with a hint in the description
that you are selling more, to check back often Wink

Ha, yeah, I kept it for a week, then grew tired of no feedback neither here nor on the pond Smiley

I'm just restless like that. I'll get the auctions back up for another stretch.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2011, 10:20:01 PM

I've dropped the price on the CD's. If you want something more specific ask, maybe I have it, maybe I can get it.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 02, 2011, 11:40:07 PM

I've dropped the price on the CD's. If you want something more specific ask, maybe I have it, maybe I can get it.

Would you have any vinyl records?
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2011, 01:07:21 AM

I do, actually, a lot, but I'm not sure I want to part with these... getting cheap used CD's is real easy, not so much for vinyl in good condition. Still, give me an idea of what you like to listen to, and I'll see what I can do.
Mahkul

View Profile
February 03, 2011, 01:11:20 AM

I do, actually, a lot, but I'm not sure I want to part with these... getting cheap used CD's is real easy, not so much for vinyl in good condition. Still, give me an idea of what you like to listen to, and I'll see what I can do.

Hard to tell, I am a vinyl record collector so pretty much everything that I deem good... but, if you have some jazz, funk, soul, hip-hop from the 90s, trip-hop, drum'n'bass, movie/cartoon soundtracks, electronic music like vangelis, kraftwerk, depeche mode, jean michel-jarre, mike oldfield etc. let me know.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2011, 01:47:01 AM

Hard to tell, I am a vinyl record collector so pretty much everything that I deem good... but, if you have some jazz, funk, soul, hip-hop from the 90s, trip-hop, drum'n'bass, movie/cartoon soundtracks, electronic music like vangelis, kraftwerk, depeche mode, jean michel-jarre, mike oldfield etc. let me know.

I don't have much of my collection with me, as I let a DJ friend use it, but for example vangelies I know I have:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_(album)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/See_You_Later

And a few more. I have to decide if I'm going to sell any of these, but since I go to a bunch of boot sales and my friends know I'm always on the look out, I may be able to get a second copy and sell you one.

Anyway, shipping records internationally is a little scary to do on the cheap, let me investigate on that and see if with the P&P I can still make an interesting price. Feel free to make an offer on the two mentioned if you don't already have them, the cover is somewhat used, but the vinyl is in very good condition.
Mahkul

View Profile
February 03, 2011, 03:34:57 PM

@nelisky I am not really under pressure to get any vinyls at the moment, but if you had a list perhaps I would have found something of interest. If you don't feel like making the list it's okay as well.

Regarding those two Vangelis' albums I already have them in my collection, thanks anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: