Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:23:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm kind of glad there's a global crackdown on cryptos going on right now  (Read 91 times)
StinkyLover (OP)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:00:32 AM

I'm 'kind of' glad for a few reasons. I think this industry needs to get it's act together.

1. Too many scams
Nothing will change this but it was getting brazen. There's no other industry where truly blatant scams are advertised so openly. Hat's off to facebook and instagram. CMC take note! The law is now watching! Grin

2. No such things as customer service
The guys in charge of crypto services think they can get away with treating people like pieces of shit. This will change. Time to become grown-ups. The law is now watching! Grin

3. Anonymity is a big lie
Here's an exercise for you. Take two physical coins out of your pocket. Tell me how anybody can trace you using those coins. There is NO crypto where you cannot be traced. Total anonymity in crypto is an absolute lie. Don't be fooled by the hype of the ZCash's etc of the industry. As long as you have an address you can be traced and linked to that address. Get used to it.

4. The tech is not mature
Make sure you've backed up all your wallet files! Anything goes wrong and you are royally screwed. Be careful of webwallets. They get hacked and phishing sites might catch you out one day. Crypto has a LONG way yet to go to be consumer ready. Right now it's just a get rich quick scheme, really.

5. Up Up Up
Maybe now people will learn that there can also be down down down

I believe in crypto, but right now there's so much of it that's just dirty and smelly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: